• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's LOL game magazine news from JAPAN

Jonnyram

Oh, they're recruiting for Trico now?
So at this rate, we'll have a promo movie at TGS2008 and the game might be out late 2009?
As the scanner said, what will be the state of the PS3 market then?

duckroll

- The main characters are Grey and Ashe
- The initial Rockman model is Model A
- Grey's story is linked to Pandora, while Ashe's story is linked to Prometeus
- Grey is a youth who is awaken from cryogenic sleep, and told that he is a "failed experiment", while Ashe is a ruin hunter that seeks out lost technology. (two different storylines confirmed!)

Hero

Ema is in Gyakuten 4?!

She certainly grew up.

Also, requesting again that somebody translate the Naruto Wii review. Want to hear what they have to say and how it compared to the Gamecube series.

Cheerilee

aeolist said:
Why the **** should Nintendo put FE on the Cube? They want to give people reasons to buy a Wii and never promised the game to Cube owners.
And even if they did promise it to them, and specifically stated that they would NOT put it on Wii, it wouldn't stop Nintendo from putting it on Wii.

Branduil said:
Putting FE on the GC would make no sense. Of course, no pointer control also makes no sense, but I don't see why you'd want to compound mistakes.
What would be the harm in labelling it as a Wii game, but when you open the box you find a mini-Wii disc (or two) that
gasp
happens to work just fine when you put it in a GameCube? You'd get a couple million more potential customers, and some more sales is what you'd get.

That's how Link's Awakening DX did it. And that's how Twilight Princess DX should've done it. Unfortunately, Nintendo hates the GameCube, and wants to sever all ties with it, despite it's close relationship to Wii.

Soulhouf

Fire Emblem:
- The game is a sequel to the GC game and retains all the standards and elements of FE
- Gameplay is still very traditional, one reviewer mentions that it doesn't use any control scheme where you move the remote (he gave it a 9)
- The game is hard, like the rest of the series, with perm death
- For beginners it is highly recommended to go through the new tutorial
Good Good.

duckroll

You'll notice that now even without transforming you can attack. I wonder if this will mean there are more portions of the game you will have to tackle without transformations.

Kid Marin

soulhouf said:
Fire Emblem:

- The game is a sequel to the GC game and retains all the standards and elements of FE
- Gameplay is still very traditional, one reviewer mentions that it doesn't use any control scheme where you move the remote (he gave it a 9)
- The game is hard, like the rest of the series, with perm death
- For beginners it is highly recommended to go through the new tutorial
Good Good.
Sure, any FE is welcome... but just a Path of Radiance 1.5 won't push me to purchase a Wii.

lo zaffo

aeolist said:
Why the **** should Nintendo put FE on the Cube? They want to give people reasons to buy a Wii and never promised the game to Cube owners.
Everyone who has still a GameCube by him/her TV set wants Fire Emblem. On Wii side, I don't think so. Fire Emblem is not a good Wii game, being nonetheless a good game on its own. Nintendo has DS for strategic RPG, this should be the right path.

Soulhouf

Kid Marin said:
Sure, any FE is welcome... but just a Path of Radiance 1.5 won't push me to purchase a Wii.
I try to resist too but I will end purchasing this machine anyway. (damn Smash Brothers & Mario Galaxy)
Beside there are Super Paper Mario coming soon :cry:
Intelligent System FTW.

Tr4nce

duckroll said:
Untitled PS3 game by ICO/Wanda team

- The hype begins in an ad, just like for Musou Orochi... does this mean an announcement will be made within a month?

Hell yeah! Oh man, please let it be good!

{Mike}

Banned

035.gif

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I dunno, it's not like I missed using the stylus in Advance Wars DS. Fire Emblem is turnbased and gridbased, not an RTS. I hope people aren't actually skipping FE because of lack of point and click controls.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Tempy said:
I dunno, it's not like I missed using the stylus in Advance Wars DS. Fire Emblem is turnbased and gridbased, not an RTS. I hope people aren't actually skipping FE because of lack of point and click controls.

I'm surprised it's not in there as an option, seeing as there are 3 different control types anyway.

Hopefully it will make it into the Western release, as I could see more people giving FE on Wii a go if it had point+click. Even if it's just to see how well it works. And the more FE sales the better.

Elios83

duckroll said:

- The hype begins in an ad, just like for Musou Orochi... does this mean an announcement will be made within a month?

First trailer at TGS confirmed :lol :lol :D :D

Anyway that's really good news, actual development has started so Ueda and the team have already set a vision of what they want to make which is probably the most difficult part with their games.

Muppet345

Kid Marin said:
You've got to be kidding me. It's a totally new game. What's wrong with you people? Is pointing at the screen, something that isn't going to be all that much faster than using the d-pad in a game like this, really going to hold you back from purchasing? If that's the case, you were never interested in the game to begin with.

Yes, it should have been in, but this is a total overreaction.

Team Ico is probably my second favourite dev...I enjoy the fact that I dont have an ounce of a clue what theyll do next...a fully fledged epic is what I want though...to me they have the talent to surpass the zelda games

peace

Jenga

Banned
duckroll said:

PS3 system seller confirmed

geox

The original scanner added all the text. You will have to wait for someone else to scan the pages again...

MoxManiac

Musou Orochi (PS2)

- Generals are seperated into 3 different types: Power, Speed and Technique
- The 3 characters in your party can be swapped in and out in realtime
- There is a button to call your horse

What I still don't understand, are all three characters on the map in different places and AI controlled when you aren't controlling them? Please tell me that switching characters isn't basically swapping characters in and out of existence...

To those questioning people getting excited about the Team Ico announcement:

Before this we didn't know for sure they were working on the PS3, it could've very well been for another platform. Not to mention we haven't heard anything from the team in a long time now, they very well could've disbanded since SotC without anyone knowing.

typhonsentra said:
To those questioning people getting excited about the Team Ico announcement:

Before this we didn't know for sure they were working on the PS3, it could've very well been for another platform. Not to mention we haven't heard anything from the team in a long time now, they very well could've disbanded since SotC without anyone knowing.

Um... you mean like the PSP? Or... the PS2?

...Yeah, not happening.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Can someone translate what does that Ico team ad exactly says, and what does the added red text say?

Jonnyram said:
Oh, they're recruiting for Trico now?
So at this rate, we'll have a promo movie at TGS2008 and the game might be out late 2009?
As the scanner said, what will be the state of the PS3 market then?
The recruitment ad (that is a recruitment ad, correct?) does not mean that the project just started a week ago. They probably just need more people from the specific field of expertise. Remember that both Ico and SotC were shown abruptly and released a year or less than a year after.

Even if it's 2009, what does your comment really mean? If it's anything like Ico/SotC it's not like the game would help PS3 sales in Japan. What I'm trying to say is, regardless of what the state of the PS3 market is in Japan right now, I don't see any other machine I'd like more to have their game made for.

Pureauthor said:
Um... you mean like the PSP? Or... the PS2?

...Yeah, not happening.
His point is valid. Ueda mentioned long time ago that he's not sure if his next game would be for PSP or PS3. It's also assurance that the team is actually active and not disbanded.

Top Bottom