• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's LOL game magazine news from JAPAN

Gattsu25

Banned
TheJollyCorner said:
so you compare someone like Miyamoto, who has his fingers in about 20 pies at a time generally, to a team that puts a game out once every 4 years?
You're right, the comparison doesn't hold. They made games last gen

Pud

Banned
GreenGlowingGoo said:
I was hoping the ICO/SOTC team had been working for a while... Just starting recently means it'll be a while. Late 2008, early 2009. :(

According to GAF, that's about the same time the PS3 will take off
and rise to heaven
, which is also approximately when FF13's out too!

They made games in the past last gen

If you're going to attempt to troll, at least make sense doing so.

duckroll

Okay real news now:

Professor Layton and Pandora's Box

- Takes place on a train
- Features connectivity with the first game via passwords

Hoshitgami DS

- Based on the PS1 game
- Brand new character designs, more anime than before

Ecolis

- Developed by Lightweight
- Real time strategy game where you defend the natural rainforests

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
TheJollyCorner said:
so you compare someone like Miyamoto, who has his fingers in about 20 pies at a time generally, to a team that puts a game out once every 4 years?

again, why are some of you so goddamn offended that people are getting excited that Team ICO's next project is already underway? :lol

LOLZ TEAM ICO MAKES GAME NEWS AT 11 SONY AM DOMMED AMIRITE REREREWII~~~~

I'm not offended at all! But you certainly seem defensive. I was simply pointing out from my initial post that this isn't news, it's confirmation. We all knew it, and you know that. Hell, I'm excited too. I'm glad they're focusing on the PS3 and not the PS2 (or the PSP for that matter).

Still, it's no time to get your panties in a twist because others (not myself) are calling people out on fanboy fappery.

*And for the record I was (correcting) comparing somebody that we all know is working on new Nintendo products to a team that we all know is working on a Sony product. The correction was because the person quoted was entirely too specific, when -again- this isn't even news, it's confirmation.*

And woohoo, I'm excited too. The question is whether or not it's in the same universe as Ico and SotC (would it be a prequel to a prequel, a sequel to a prequel, or a sequel to a sequel?), or something else entirely? His games and other games that creep into the realm of "Are videogames art?" definitely need more exposure. Hopefully this game will be in the same vein.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Ecolis can either be something good or something like Pokemon Ranger. My guess is that it's more like Pokemon Ranger.

Wait, so is the first Layton already out in Japan and we're just waiting for it here? Or did they announce the sequel before the first game even shipped o_O?

Also, I'd say there is no freaking way that "Baby Shiva" is real, except Square Enix seems to specialize in making awful decisions these days. Why don't they just throw in Baby Bananagrabber while they're at it?

...actually, a Bananagrabber summon spell would be pretty sweet ;)

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Greenpanda said:
Wait, so is the first Layton already out in Japan and we're just waiting for it here? Or did they announce the sequel before the first game even shipped o_O?

Also, I'd say there is no freaking way that "Baby Shiva" is real, except Square Enix seems to specialize in making awful decisions these days. Why don't they just throw in Baby Bananagrabber while they're at it?

...actually, a Bananagrabber summon spell would be pretty sweet ;)
Shiva has 3 forms in RW, only the first is a baby. Layton comes out this week in Japan.

aeolist

Banned
Why the **** should Nintendo put FE on the Cube? They want to give people reasons to buy a Wii and never promised the game to Cube owners.

Branduil

Putting FE on the GC would make no sense. Of course, no pointer control also makes no sense, but I don't see why you'd want to compound mistakes.

icecream said:
*Waits for Bebpo to come in and yell about how much better the PC art is compared to PS2 version*

What.

underfooter said:
No remote control in Fire Emblem?

What the hell?

Why not?

retarded....

While motion controls for menus and stuff might work okay, having it for movement is completely unnecessary. For choosing squares like you do in FE dpads have very good accuracy... they should give you the option for motion controls, but I'd expect the standard dpad controls to work better -- just like how in FE POR, the analog stick was pretty much worthless and you just used the dpad...

Brak

jj984jj said:
Ecolis can either be something good or something like Pokemon Ranger. My guess is that it's more like Pokemon Ranger.
Well Lightweight hasn't made anything good since Bushido Blade, but Bushido Blade is one of my favourite games so I have to give them the benefit of the doubt.

jj984jj said:
I say the exact same thing in 3 page Nintendo non-news threads, for whatever reason Nintendo fans think that I'm just making fun of DS games or something.

That happen to me on the SSBB thread over at the nsider. :lol Some idiot fanboy was hating on me because I didn't care about the game and hoped it would get delayed.

Kittonwy

Banned
imkoma said:
batdance.gif

Ditto.
Indifferent2.gif

TheJollyCorner said:
again, why are some of you so goddamn offended that people are getting excited that Team ICO's next project is already underway? :lol

lol, the only one getting offended here is you.

toypop

- SotC/ICO team has began development on a new PS3 game

Actually its only that they just begin recruiting staffs for new PS3 project.
I bet its release will be on 2010! :lol

duckroll

Manachemia ~School of Alchemists~

- Gust's new PS2 game
- Similar to Atelier series games
- Item combination
- Set in a school

Musou Orochi

- Generals are seperated into 3 different types: Power, Speed and Technique
- The 3 characters in your party can be swapped in and out in realtime
- There is a button to call your horse

duckroll said:
Manachemia ~School of Alchemists~

- Gust's new PS2 game
- Similar to Atelier series games
- Item combination
- Set in a school

Musou Orochi

- Generals are seperated into 3 different types: Power, Speed and Technique
- The 3 characters in your party can be swapped in and out in realtime
- There is a button to call your horse
:lol We already know it takes place at a school.

duckroll

jj984jj said:
The developer behind Guilty Gear DS is bringing Hoshigami to DS, I wonder what wonders will that bring? :lol 1/1/1/0 confirmed.

Wow you were more spot on than you thought! Arc System Works is also doing planning on Hoshigami DS! :lol

Oh and the official title for the Gust game is Mana-Khemia

aeolist

Banned
vectorman06 said:
That happen to me on the SSBB thread over at the nsider. :lol Some idiot fanboy was hating on me because I didn't care about the game and hoped it would get delayed.
Not caring about Smash Bros doesn't concern me but hoping it gets delayed... that's an asshole thing to do for no reason whatsoever

duckroll

In March there will be 6 new items in a DLC for Blue Dragon, then later in the Spring there will be a Shuffle Dungeon which seems to be a randomly generated dungeon that changes layout each time you go in. And that wraps up all the DLC for Blue Dragon.

duckroll

It's sad that Arc System Works would rather touch up and port a shitty game to the DS than work on a new Guilty Gear... but oh well. :lol

toypop said:
- SotC/ICO team has began development on a new PS3 game

Noooooo.
Ico and SOTC took 4 years each.
I hope theyre further along that theyre are saying..otherwise I think the game will come out late 2009 at the earliest.

Terrell

What's with the hate for a Hoshigami remake? I mean, wouldn't a remake entail that they might, just maybe, UN-bork the gameplay? Y'know, just throwing out the possibility that if the gameplay was such a big problem that maybe they fixed it.

Oh, news! I like!

Gust game with better artwork! Nice! (can't see more thx to vandalism)
Layton 2, well, they said it was a trilogy so it isn't like it surprises me. Connection with the first yay! (passwords nay). I'd like to know the release date...
Hoshigami, well, looks good, hopefully more srpg come to DS...do you hear me Square-Enix?
Ecolis....er what is this? :lol
Musou festival as usual...

Nice scores for MHP2, Armodyne, FE Wii....really bad decision to put Dream Factory in the next Naruto :/

Ichirou

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Hoshigami, well, looks good,
The PSX version was a terrible, terrible game.

Gundam Musou is looking better and better all the time. If only they had Char's Counterattack mecha, this would be enough for me to buy a PS3.

Top Bottom