• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cuphead coming to GOG.com

Coreda

GOG.com has announced Cuphead will be coming to their DRM-free store. Store page. Trailer. Great news.

bo1jpDW.jpg

Careful, there's a beverage here.

Cuphead is coming soon to GOG.com.

A quirky and colorful run & gun sidescroller drawing from the wonderfully twisted cartoons of the 1930s. Go solo as the titular Cuphead or team up with the equally trigger-happy Mugman to take on devilishly gleeful bosses with your ever-growing powers.

Apparently the dev posted about this detail in the middle one of the previous threads but if you're like me you may have missed it. It's also not obvious given the official site lacks the GOG store logo.

Tizoc

Oh I'd noticed this on their site but didn't make a thread because I thought it was known heh.
I may get it off GOG at this rate buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, Steam tends to update much earlier than GOG in some cases :X

poodaddy

Whoa now that is totally unexpected and completely awesome! Looks like Ill be buying it on both GOG and Xbox. I'm ridiculously stoked for this game.

Shy

That's really good news......... The really bad news is, after looking forward to this game for years. I don't have the fucking money to buy it. 😭

D3VI0US

Good for them, I really want this game to do well and be amazing, it was solid from what I played at PAX a couple years ago and I'm looking forward to checking it out this year.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I thought this was a Microsoft published game similar to Ori? If it is, that's promising news for future titles like these that are published by Microsoft. I may be totally wrong on that though. Still, this is great news regardless!

Teeth

I thought this was a Microsoft published game similar to Ori? If it is, that's promising news for future titles like these that are published by Microsoft. I may be totally wrong on that though. Still, this is great news regardless!

Cuphead is published by us (StudioMDHR) on PC!

wish i could PO it on steam tbh

Very soon!

Veeerrrrrrrrryyyyyyy sooooooooooonnnnnn

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I have a lot of Microsoft spacebucks to cash in (thanks, Bing) so I'll be getting Cuphead on the Win10 Store. Free is better than not free, after all.

But I'd prefer it on GOG and I'm sure I'll double-dip there eventually.

Cuphead is published by us (StudioMDHR) on PC!

Very soon!

Veeerrrrrrrrryyyyyyy sooooooooooonnnnnn

So you'll take a bigger cut if I buy it on Steam or GoG I presume? Was unsure of whether to buy it on PC or Xbox but that might make it an easier decision.

Coreda

This is great news, but did GOG fix its launcher/game-management-software situation, or does it still sneak the download in?

On the site they offer the option to download the non-Galaxy installer, called now 'Classic Installers' in the drop-down menu. From what I understand though the Galaxy installer still has an option to opt-out of the Galaxy install but it's hidden within the install options menu.

Teeth

So you'll take a bigger cut if I buy it on Steam or GoG I presume? Was unsure of whether to buy it on PC or Xbox but that might make it an easier decision.

However you want to play Cuphead is fine with us. Go with whatever your preferred platform is.

On the site they offer the option to download the non-Galaxy installer, called now 'Classic Installers' in the drop-down menu. From what I understand though the Galaxy installer still has an option to opt-out of the Galaxy install but it's hidden within the install options menu.

Right on, that sounds pretty straightforward.

VandalD

Oh wow, I didn't even know this was coming to PC. Last I heard, I thought it was Xbox exclusive, but I feel like that was years ago. Will have to pick it up on GOG at some point.

Genuinely thought from how MS have been talking about it that the game was Windows store exclusive on PC.

Well then hurray! I will buy it then, that's a nice bit of news!

Gunstar Heroes: Vintage Beverage Edition

Glad to see this available from several different places. Easier for me to get it from Steam, but I know tons of people will dig it from GOG too.

Top Bottom