• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES comeback on Amazon?

WTF? The snes is current #16 on the amazon top 100 videogame products!?!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=sv_vg_1/002-6573940-4163206

screenshot:
snes.jpg

Grayman

Casuals don't buy systems until they are 54.99 impulse buys with libraries of hundreds and have more attractive graphics than the ps1 :lol

must be glitch.

shuri

Banned
A SNES CLONE?!?!?!!? *orders*

he FC Twin Video Game System has separate circuitry and card slots for both hardware NES and Super Nintendo Entertainment System, allowing it to play games for both consoles. It features a single-pole, double-throw power switch with open position; the switch can be thrown to 8-Bit (NES) or 16-Bit (SNES), or opened to Off.
SNES AND NES?!?!?!

Tobor

Ars Technica just did a blog post comparing the visuals on The NES,SNES clones you might want to see. The VC on WII looks incredible by comparison, but it should.

robot

I ordered an FC Twin a week ago, should have it very soon. I'll post impressions if anyone is interested, but from what i've read it's Snes hardware and NES on a chip - so the Snes games are the same as if they were running on a Super Nintendo.

You may not realize it, but there is a bit of a...classic gaming renaissance happening at the moment. Prices for old NES, SNES, N64, and in some cases Genesis and TG16 games are going for a lot more than they were a couple of months ago. If you look on Ebay, just about anything made by Nintendo is going for quite a bit. SNES systems are now reaching 50 bucks used, up from 15-20 dollars about a year ago.

Why is this? It may have something to do with the recent success of Nintendo, with their Wii and DS platforms. But who really knows for sure.

chriskzoo

Banned
It could be the fact that it's WAY cheaper to buy an old NES/SNES and get the carts than it is to buy the games off the VC in the Wii.

chriskzoo said:
It could be the fact that it's WAY cheaper to buy an old NES/SNES and get the carts than it is to buy the games off the VC in the Wii.

Not really. The games offered on the VC ususally go for a lot more than the asking price.

For instance, the Super Mario World cart goes for about 12 bucks.

Mario Kart 64 goes for about 20-25.

Gunstar Heroes goes for about 20-25 as well.

Toejam and Earl goes for 50-60.

Virtually any TG16 game goes for 15 bucks and up.

The only classic games that go for dirt cheap are the really really obscure and bad ones.

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that it is getting extremely hard to locate old used carts in stores. For many people, buying online is the only option(Thanks majorly to Gamestop and EB Games =P ).

Dave Long

Banned
SonicMegaDrive said:
You may not realize it, but there is a bit of a...classic gaming renaissance happening at the moment. Prices for old NES, SNES, N64, and in some cases Genesis and TG16 games are going for a lot more than they were a couple of months ago. If you look on Ebay, just about anything made by Nintendo is going for quite a bit. SNES systems are now reaching 50 bucks used, up from 15-20 dollars about a year ago.

Why is this? It may have something to do with the recent success of Nintendo, with their Wii and DS platforms. But who really knows for sure.

Yup, I noticed this too. The systems especially are really going for a lot. Certain games are increasing in value too.

What's even more interesting is that some of the Final Fantasy games that have been re-released on GBA are now going for less than they used to traditionally sell for. So while some things are up, the SNES FF cart prices seem to be down.

Baker

Banned
Tobor said:
Ars Technica just did a blog post comparing the visuals on The NES,SNES clones you might want to see. The VC on WII looks incredible by comparison, but it should.

Hey thanks Ars Technica! Next time you do a side-by-side comparison, how about you don't hook up one system with composite, the other with component, and then declare the latter system to be so much sharper?

teiresias

Baker said:
Hey thanks Ars Technica! Next time you do a side-by-side comparison, how about you don't hook up one system with composite, the other with component, and then declare the latter system to be so much sharper?

While I agree in theory, is there any way to hook any of the other systems up with component? In the case that they can't be, the component cable can be considered an actual 'pro' for the Wii VC.

Link316

Banned
Baker said:

QFT :p

teiresias said:
While I agree in theory, is there any way to hook any of the other systems up with component? In the case that they can't be, the component cable can be considered an actual 'pro' for the Wii VC.

You could buy an external line-doubler . . . but that is an expensive way of doing it.

teiresias

speculawyer said:
You could buy an external line-doubler . . . but that is an expensive way of doing it.

Resolution isn't the only detrimental side effect of using composite so just using a line doubler wouldn't really buy you much with the issues most people have with videogames over composite.

meltpotato said:
Dreamcast was like #13 the other night. i can't stand when people talk about amazon sell-lists.

Well someone figured out how to spam Amazon and create fake results with used products.

But in general, the Amazon charts do provide a pretty good real-time indicator of what is selling . . . I've used them for years.

tanod

when is my burrito
SonicMegaDrive said:
Not really. The games offered on the VC ususally go for a lot more than the asking price.

For instance, the Super Mario World cart goes for about 12 bucks.

Mario Kart 64 goes for about 20-25.

Gunstar Heroes goes for about 20-25 as well.

Toejam and Earl goes for 50-60.

Virtually any TG16 game goes for 15 bucks and up.

The only classic games that go for dirt cheap are the really really obscure and bad ones.

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that it is getting extremely hard to locate old used carts in stores. For many people, buying online is the only option(Thanks majorly to Gamestop and EB Games =P ).

How much is Pinball going for? :D

Top Bottom