• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man 3: Gleaming the Cube Edition coming to Blu-Ray in May

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/766/766675p1.html

Scheduled for a simultaneous release with the regular version of Spider-Man 3 in early May, Spider-Man 3 Collector's Edition will add a number of bonus features not available on other platforms. Webisodes from the Spidey 3 movie, an exclusive interview with producer Avi Arad, and behind the scenes talks with Tobey Maguire, Topher Grace, Thomas Haden Church, James Franco, JK Simmons, and Bruce Campbell are also included. Players will even be able to access special Spider-Man 3 trailers and a couple of other undisclosed goodies.

But that's not the best part.

No true believers, the best and most interesting addition to the PS3 Collector's Edition is the ability to play as a completely different character, the "New Goblin." Using a unique locomotion system that's entirely controllable with the Sixaxis gamepad, the New Goblin will be able to zip through the city streets and between skyscrapers and other buildings at super-high speeds.

Activision wouldn't elaborate much further than that, other than to say that New Goblin will have access to 10 exclusive race challenges and the ability to participate in every "Crime Event" in the city -- allowing him to use his pumpkin bombs against all three city gangs and a multitude of other plot-driven enemies.

spider-man-3-collectors-edition-20070222033323005.jpg

Unique locomotion system eh?

...yikes that screen I just posted looks horrible. But sounds like a fun rent.

I still can't get over how stupid the 'New Goblin' looks...

jesus christ.... bad art total, Raimi!

(but this package sounds cool if the game turns out good, poop graphics or not)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
For a second, I thought you meant the movie was coming on Blu-ray in May...that would be megaton

controls are all that matters. spider-man 2 movie style swinging = win. ultimate spider-man style swinging = lose hard.

hopefully graphics on the ps3 and 360 will be equal, so picking up the ps3 version will be a no brainer for me.

gosh it's been such a long time since i had to really put a lot of thought into which version of a game to buy. since they killed the xbox for the 360 and the cube kind of just died anyway, it's not been something i had to do much in the past year.

JB1981

Wario64 said:
For a second, I thought you meant the movie was coming on Blu-ray in May...that would be megaton

Well, of course it's coming to blu-ray. But before the theatrical release? Yes, that would be megaton, indeed.

Jeff-DSA

If I hadn't read the thread, I would have figured that was a Wii, Cube, Xbox, or PS2 screenshot. Why does Activision struggle so bad with next-gen graphics?

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
TheJollyCorner said:

jesus christ.... bad art total, Raimi!
hahaha... I'm just seeing this for the first time..... LOL

TheJollyCorner said:

Stupid design for a stupid character. Seriously Harry has been whacko since the end of the first movie. :lol

Graphics are nice if you ask me, especially if the entire city will be rendered like that.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I think the extra game mode sounds kinda lame but regardless of what it turns out to be I think it's cool that Activision is taking advantage of the technology that is there. Neat idea.

Truelize said:
I think the extra game mode sounds kinda lame but regardless of what it turns out to be I think it's cool that Activision is taking advantage of the technology that is there. Neat idea.

Actually sounds kinda fun to me, but yeah it depends on the execution obviously.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I think any version of the game that doesn't allow you to play as that eyesore is the winner here, personally.

Wario64 said:

I thought this was about the movie, too. That would win the format war--simultaneous Theater and Blu-Ray release!

plagiarize said:
controls are all that matters. spider-man 2 movie style swinging = win. ultimate spider-man style swinging = lose hard.

Exactly.

Firestorm

Wario64 said:

Me too. Was thinking "wtf, it hits theatres in May". That would be a PS3 sales booster...

Dunpeal

Banned
Dante said:
Sony should push this type of thing harder.

As long as its a Sony based movie they will. Aside from the gamemode, wich obviouslly doesn-t need blu ray for shit, the content is all from the movie, wich needs Sony permission...

Anyway, won't make a dent i suspect (overall sales), specially when we are talking about a more expensive version.

Scotch

That screenshot looks pretty bad (jaggies, retarded character design), but if the draw distance is a good as Crackdown's and the web-slinging feels good this could be a very fun game.

Dante said:
spider-man-3-collectors-edition-20070222035621287.jpg

This shot is nice :)
why yes... it is. wow. first screen of the game that looked pretty by itself.

still, you know, spiderman 2 the movie wasn't the best looking game and that didn't stop it kicking ass. the thing that made that game good wasn't the graphics.

sprocket

Banned
Of course the graphics are based off the ps2 version . Last gen consoles are still where the money is .

The videos look good though and the games have always been great .

Dante

Every company should hire someone to selectvly release media. If that above shot was released first, initial reactions might have been more postive.

Snaku

Banned
plagiarize said:

QFT, if they ditch the Ultimate dumbed down web slinging, and bring back (and improve on) the awesome Spidey 2 web slinging, then I'll buy.

Top Bottom