• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix: Final Fantasy XV's NA digital rate was 20%+, Nier's global rate was 30%+

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I thought people might be curious about how Japanese games were doing digitally given the market is a bit different than the one the Western publishers tackle, which are now average 30-40% in general.

Square Enix said:
The way game content is purchased is undergoing a significant change. Gamers are significantly moving away from purchasing packaged games and shifting toward digital downloads. In North America, more than 20% of purchases of ”FINAL FANTASY XV" have been via digital downloads. The global download rate for ”NieR:Automata" has been even higher at over 30%. Higher download rates help in a significant way to improve profitability on HD game sales. Mega publishers in the West have greatly improved their profitability via strong promotions of digital downloads. However, our own efforts in this area have not been sufficient, and we still have significant scope to improve our margins by bolstering our digital sales rates. It is extremely important to make the purchasing process as smooth as possible, such as by presenting or recommending products to customers based upon their purchase attributes. As such, we intend to undertake a variety of initiatives, including the overhaul of our sales sites.
Source: http://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/pdf/ar_2017en.pdf

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Perhaps they could encourage digital sales of their games by sometimes supporting their digital PC releases with patches.

"moving away from purchasing packaged games and shifting toward digital downloads"

Nah....Not until Consoles have 3000TB of space will this ever be true.

Freakin games are like 50GIG + now at days plus patches

Shizuka

Of course Nier's digital rate will be high, it was available in english a month prior to the western release in Asia.

Half joking.

Pilgrimzero

"moving away from purchasing packaged games and shifting toward digital downloads"

Nah....Not until Consoles have 3000TB of space will this ever be true.

Freakin games are like 50GIG + now at days plus patches

Yeah I love "Man, I got some free time and I think I'll play this game I haven't played in awhile..... just set it to download and a few hours later it will be ready to go!"

Top Bottom