• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NEW Phantom Hourglass pics! (Gets improving!)

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
First Post am fail ->
dumbestLinea.gif

Did a search and found nothing. Unban in two days if old!

It seems that the art team Nintendo put after finishing Twilight Princess is doing good work. The game art looks great for the Nintendo DS (but not that much compared to Dragon Quest IX :D)

Can't wait to hear more about the newer and fresher Zelda!

zeldads_01.jpg
zeldads_02.jpg
zeldads_03.jpg
zeldads_04.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
zeldads_05.jpg
zeldads_06.jpg
zeldads_07.jpg
zeldads_08.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
zeldads_09.jpg
zeldads_10.jpg
zeldads_11.jpg

Someone should edit the title and add: Featuring 3D chickens.

P.S: Sorry for the dumbness. THANKS A LOT DARUNIA! (You save my ban :lol )

tanasten

Shit. I see them. If you visit gamefront's site can you see them?

Ok, Looking for alternative pics...

daemonic

Banned
You can't post HTML code here.

Image code should be

Try changing the code first.

EDIT: nor can you hotlink :lol

I agree though, the pics look quite good.

hey, in one of these screens link is wearing red and there is a wifi strength picture on the map... our first look at multiplayer! i hope this has four swords esque stuff in it. this looks competitive, capture the force.

ME0000823283_2.jpg

tanasten

plagiarize said:
hey, in one of these screens link is wearing red and there is a wifi strength picture on the map... our first look at multiplayer! i hope this has four swords esque stuff in it. this looks competitive, capture the force.

ME0000823283_2.jpg

Yeah. We know that the game has multiplayer WIFI :D

BTW, What's the site? I prefer not watermarked shots :)

Magicpaint said:
This thread fails :/
Now it works! no? :$

It's a bit blocky and rough, and some textures (like those purple ones in the dungeons) aren't crash hot but overall the game is looking great.

I still don't like the look of the dungeons and I dunno, the graphics look a little rough and the art doesn't grab me. :/

I find it worrying that I'm not hyped for a new Zelda game (first time since I can remember).

These look the same as it has always looked. Just new areas. Maybe slightly better screen grabs.

I think it looks good but the same as it has looked. I am stoked for this game. Having a portable Wind Waker will be awesome. Plus the stylus control will be just like Animal Crossing which works great. You can make your character run or walk in any direction with good control. Plus just tap the enemy to attack. I think it is genius.

Yixian

Banned
It's gonna look very nice in person.

Jebus, how am I supposed to resist buying a DS with all of these insane titles :(

when are people going to stop learning that DS games look better running on the system than they do in screenshots?

this is a great looking DS game. no two ways about it.

can't wait to hook back up with the hero of winds and carry on with our adventure from a few years back.

Yup, the game looks good.

Too bad it's the spiritual successor to Wind Waker, meaning the game itself will require a lot of mind-numbing sailing and "stealth" exercises.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
it always looked that good...can`t w8 to get my copy...

but i agree with some posters above me - the dungeon "could" look a lil better :)

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
JzeroT1437 said:
Yup, the game looks good.

Too bad it's the spiritual successor to Wind Waker, meaning the game itself will require a lot of mind-numbing sailing and "stealth" exercises.

Well at least you're not gonna have to use an instrument every time you want to make a turn (when sailing) this time around, which means this game can only be an improvement gameplay-wise over Wind Waker.

E-phonk

Banned
The game looks great, but the screenshtos have JPG artifacts at places where you can be sure it's the JPG compression and not "teh bad textures".

Darunia said:
Well at least you're not gonna have to use an instrument every time you want to make a turn (when sailing) this time around, which means this game can only be an improvement gameplay-wise over Wind Waker.

Actually, I hadn't thought of that. This might be an entertaining game after all.

Emowii

Banned
I'm impressed with the cutscene shots. I've got high hopes for this game, but i'm a little worried about the touch screen controls.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
JzeroT1437 said:
Actually, I hadn't thought of that. This might be an entertaining game after all.

Yeah, I was incredibly happy when I first saw pics of the boat. Plus it'll probably be faster too. The whole sailing mechanic practically broke WW for me, hated it.

Ramenman

plagiarize said:

Sleeping during two months is baaad. Here you go :)

And yep nothing like Four Swords, which imo is a bit disapointing...

Anyway these are DS screenshots, you know what that means, you'll say wow in motion.
This one should keep me waiting til the next cell shaded Zelda.

I agree with most. The game looks really good, but the dungeons should've been designed differently (although I don't have any suggestions how :/) Because it just looks like a map with the walls cut off on top, It doesn't give the idea of a closed environment. It looks more like a outdoor maze. I know, there aren't a lot of options to change it, or the view would be so broken it'd suck ass to play it. Maybe the Mario 64 camera angle for dungeons? But then the stylus controls wouldn't work. :/

Top Bottom