• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NEW Phantom Hourglass pics! (Gets improving!)

dogonfire

Looks good overall, and I'm buying it.

My only problem is the dungeons.. I really dislike the perspective. It makes everything look like a fanmade Nethack mod, but I think that's probably just me.

Chris Michael said:
I don't want to draw the path of my boomerang.

I don't want an on-rails Zelda by drawing the path of my ship.

I don't want to control Link with my ****ing fairy.

I just want Zelda. The traditional Zelda formula, for me at least, will never get old. And Nintendo just wants to **** up all their franchises by adding "innovation". Well, innovation got us shit games like Starfox Command and Metroid Prime Hunters.

The only good that has come out of this new philosophy that Nintendo has had is Kirby Canvas Curse, and that came out nearly 2 years ago. Not to mention by HAL, whose games will always be awesome... because they GET IT.

...let's try again...

posting.jpg

BrandNew said:
Didn't you play it and not like it though? :(

At E3 2006. But at GDC 2007, it was much improved and I liked what I played. Then again, this is the multiplayer aspect. The single player aspect was troublesome at E3, but I'll see how good it is in about 60 days.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm looking forward to this.
I like the look of the dungeons. I'm assuming they're only showing generic dungeon rooms as not to reveal too much.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
The characters and environment seem to be 2 completely different styles. They tried to cram so much detail in the textures, they look cluttered, (then horrible when the DS zooms in). They forgot to make the environments cell shaded.

I do like the brick textures around this building though.

zeldads_05.jpg

GreenGlowingGoo said:
The characters and environment seem to be 2 completely different styles. They tried to cram so much detail in the textures, they look cluttered, (then horrible when the DS zooms in). They forgot to make the environments cell shaded.

I do like the brick textures around this building though.

zeldads_05.jpg

That's one nice chicken.

Edit: Holy crap, I just realized that this is the FIRST cel-shaded chicken in Zelda, IIRC.

If that's not noteworthy, I can't think of what is.

Top Bottom