• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ace Combat 6 images (with HUD)

Blimblim

The Inside Track
1228_0001.jpg

1228_0002.jpg

1228_0003.jpg

1228_0004.jpg

1228_0005.jpg

1228_0006.jpg

1228_0007.jpg

1228_0008.jpg

1228_0009.jpg

1228_0010.jpg

1228_0011.jpg

1228_0012.jpg

1228_0013.jpg

1228_0014.jpg

1228_0015.jpg

No more bullshots, still looks great!

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
There's a party goin on in my pants!!!!

What's the release date on this again?

llTll

Banned
i love ace combat.

but for some reason i was expecting more from next gen Ace combat in terms of graphics.

its 1 of 3 things

1- the Devs are not really putting any effort on Xbox 360
2- Devs dont know how to put effort
3- i have high expectations :/

either way. i am buying this day one for xbox live play and because i am ace combat whore

Awesome. The only and last Ace Combat game I played is AC2 on the PS1 :\
I loved it and can only imagine how the series turned out from there onwards.

Dali

llTll said:
i love ace combat.

but for some reason i was expecting more from next gen Ace combat in terms of graphics.

its 1 of 3 things

either way. i am buying this day one for xbox live play and because i am ace combat whore

I'm gonna guess the answer is c. The game isn't done yet, but it looks pretty good. Maybe motion blur will be added to take emphasis off some of the rough spots and increase the feeling of speed. Also hopefully we'll see soldiers scurrying around the bases when we buzz them like in the screenshots.

andthebeatgoeson

llTll said:
i love ace combat.

its 1 of 3 things

You are the reason I hope the 360 and PS3 fail. Why? What about these screens look bad or ok? And is there any other game doing the same thing that looks better? All this stuff has to be rendered at fast speeds, from a mile up and what not. I think the graphic whores have taken over too much. Seriously, I'm not expecting everybody to jerk off to it but you really think something is bad about it and someone else is doing better?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I think I'm going to have a heart attack.

I swear to god MS better get their hardware issues sorted out before this comes out, nothing will stand in the way of me playing this game Day 1.

SonnyBoy

Im buying this on day 1 but I too am underwhelmed...

Maybe it's just that the series seems to have grown a bit stale for me. I think I'm looking for more variables in the environment, varied weather (aside from rain)... I'm not down on the game, it just seems to be missing something for me.

Anzu

Banned
Not sure why you people are underwhelmed. Looks pretty sweet to me.

AC5 left a bad taste in my mouth though.

And will this be as fun as controlling a warhawk in...Warhawk?

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
So pretty!

Yes, this will have massive online co-op, throughout the story. It'll also have team online play. But co-op is what matters, I'm trying to sell gowans on this game so I have a mate who knows what real flying is supposed to be, and these images should help. Can't wait to see gameplay.

Is the IGN release date announced somewhere? Its November something.

llTll

Banned
skinnyrattler said:
You are the reason I hope the 360 and PS3 fail. Why? What about these screens look bad or ok? And is there any other game doing the same thing that looks better? All this stuff has to be rendered at fast speeds, from a mile up and what not. I think the graphic whores have taken over too much. Seriously, I'm not expecting everybody to jerk off to it but you really think something is bad about it and someone else is doing better?

i didnt say in my post that there is a better flying game around. but also. this game is clearly not taking advantage of the xbox 360 power either. Ace Combat team did amazing things with the PS2 hardware. why they dont show their amazing things on the xbox 360???

maybe on PS3 it willl look the same thing if it ever come out on PS3 [ hell, maybe worst ]. and i will say the same thing. PS3 and Xbox 360 can do alot more than this. and considering how Ace Combat Team is an A team. then yes i expect more. they should push the console to the limits just how like they did that with PS2 and PS1.

yeah i admit i am graphics whore. but i am also gamer who bought next gen consoles to get next gen graphics/game play. PS3/360 can do way much better than that. thats why i am expecting more.

Alx

The mountains look good.
The city looks OK.
The trees look ugly if you're too close, OK otherwise (maybe they should have blurred them a little, they stand out too much from the background).

This looks pretty good (despite blurry textures from up close-not that it makes a big difference or anything). The landscape and detail is up there.

Is this coming to 360 and PS3?

andthebeatgoeson

llTll said:
i didnt say in my post that there is a better flying game around. but also. this game is clearly not taking advantage of the xbox 360 power either. Ace Combat team did amazing things with the PS2 hardware. why they dont show their amazing things on the xbox 360???
I suggested that there is hopefully another flying game to compare to since you think they can do better. If anything, maybe this is the best they can do. The ground textures leave a little to be desired, but at 500 mph, I'm not gonna notice a blurry ground texture. The aircraft look great, the entire scene from a good altitude looks great, so I think it looks good.

Not necessarily attacking you but when stuff like this is released and people complain it can be better, we end up with consoles that are too expensive.

SonnyBoy

As mid flight refueling in the game?

I'd like to see that and....

1. More damage to planes (area specific damage), gas leaking out due to gun fire, etc.
2. The ability to eject, as a fun mini game.
3. 2 players coop/online in one plane (F-15)
4. Realistic aircraft carrier landings.

Just some things off the top of my head.

Gowans

QVT said:
So pretty!

Yes, this will have massive online co-op, throughout the story. It'll also have team online play. But co-op is what matters, I'm trying to sell gowans on this game so I have a mate who knows what real flying is supposed to be, and these images should help. Can't wait to see gameplay.

Is the IGN release date announced somewhere? Its November something.

SOLD! :lol

Goldrusher

Looks pretty awesome to me. Especially in-motion, concentrating on dog fights and targets, it'll be a real stunner.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Flanker! (or is it a mig-29, they look similar)

seriously, first an A-10, and then what looks like an SU-27. Are they directly marketing just to me?

EGM92

Looks sweet, but it's not exactly what I expected out of a next gen Ace Combat game. I don't know whether it's the compression of the screens or not but it needs some serious AA as theres jaggies everywhere.

The lighting in some screens is just awesome.

mrklaw said:
Flanker! (or is it a mig-29, they look similar)

seriously, first an A-10, and then what looks like an SU-27. Are they directly marketing just to me?

It looks like an SU-37 to me. Don't think Flankers have those little canard wings up front.

Lo-Volt

A mix of good and awesome screenshots. Why won't Namco Bandai consider putting some more detail into those cityscapes if they want us flying through them? But the mountainscape and the big explosion in the first shot make me :)

I'm pretty sure someone posted some Ace Combat screenshots here a couple of months ago and it looked a whole lot better than these. Actually, it looked amazing. I should've known they were bullshots.

Still, it looks ok, but some of those shots look like ass.

RavenFox

Banned
Okay Xdrive05 Im not sure but are you posting google earth images? Am I wrong fellas?

The game looks good though just some rough ground textures here and there as always.

Crypto

Banned
RiskyChris said:
Why do the shots vary so wildly?

Two reasons alone.

1. How close the camera is to the ground.
2. Is there any planes in the shot?

The ground detail is finite, from high in the air it looks perfect, as you get closer you see texels.

Is this game entirely to scale? I hated how buildings were always so small whenever I was flying over a city in the previous games.

KillJade

Banned
Not the next-gen jump I was expecting but shiiiiiiiiiiiiit, it's ACE COMBAT!!! It's going to rock pure monkey ass and it's online!!

M3d10n

Most (if not all) of the ground textures comes from actual satellite photos, and there is a limit to the resolution available for civilian usage.

To get any more detailed grounds, they'd need to do it themselves. Ace Combat doesn't get that kind of budget, unfortunately.

Top Bottom