• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ace Combat 6 images (with HUD)

Phife Dawg said:
This looks pretty good (despite blurry textures from up close-not that it makes a big difference or anything). The landscape and detail is up there.

Is this coming to 360 and PS3?
right now only for 360......but like all next gen games you never kenw. I put my bet on it coming out for the PS3 after the exclusive wears off for the 360 Ace combay 360.

disc

Banned
And you've probably never played Ace Combat before?

It looks like the PS2 version with more polys on the planes and more polys on the ground. It doesn't look radically different but then how could it?

Also I'm a bit surprised there is no selfshadowing with that being so cheap on 360/ps3

sonic4ever said:
right now only for 360......but like all next gen games you never kenw. I put my bet on it coming out for the PS3 after the exclusive wears off for the 360 Ace combay 360.
Thx. Hm if this stays on 360 I might have to consider buying one. I hope for a timed exclusive then.

Deepblue

Banned
disc said:

It looks like the PS2 version with more polys on the planes and more polys on the ground. It doesn't look radically different but then how could it?

Also I'm a bit surprised there is no selfshadowing with that being so cheap on 360/ps3

There is self shadowing on the main plane. I'm assuming the AWACS is an unfinished model.

EGM92

sonic4ever said:

IIRC Namco announced that it would be a timed exclusive a while back when the intranetz blew up with "ZOMG SONY LOST ANYOTHER EXCLUSIVE"

Odd question perhaps but since I don't own a 360 yet: Are the regular buttons analog (pressure sensitive)? I'd assume so but I'm actually not sure since I can't remember if it was on my original Xbox (I only ever played Burnout 3 and Fable).

AC 04 made awesome use of the analog buttons to zoom in/out the hud in a few areas, or at least just the map (what primarly comes to mind).

kassatsu

Banned
Maggot9 said:
it has exactly the same amount of info as AC5 or Zero. Blue= friendly. Red = target
I wasn't talking about that, more so the video feed at the top, the wing man ai settings, even the radar. For a landing sequence all I want to see is the runaway and an on screen attitude indicator.

DCharlie

Banned
I'd buy this game if i didn't know it was a timed exclusive.... damn those pics, must resist temptation and impulse buy.....>_<

wow - you OWN an X360 , why wait?

PS3 fanboys : paying more and waiting longer since 2006. Thanks Ken!

Sho Nuff

Banned
disc said:

Um

Dude it looks uhm, significantly better

Ginko

neojubei said:
I'd buy this game if i didn't know it was a timed exclusive.... damn those pics, must resist temptation and impulse buy.....>_<

You have a 360? And you love the game? But you'll wait just to play it on a different system? Weird.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Sho Nuff said:
STUNNING.

Anyone who says differently's never played a flight simulator.

yeah, looks gorgeous.

Gave me fond memories of testing/player SU27 Flanker on the PC. I'd love to be able to have a mission editor like that did. I used to spend ages just setting up SAM sites, attack aircraft etc then just watching them all in replay mode blowing the shit out of each other.

eso76

disc said:

It looks like the PS2 version with more polys on the planes and more polys on the ground.

Yeah, well, it looks like the ps2 version except much better.

camineet

Banned
honestly, with Ace Combat 6 having full online modes and if it runs at 60fps 98-99% of the time as AC4, AC5, ACZ did then I don't care about the textures. the effects sound like they're gonna make up for that anyway.

camineet

Banned
more! ^__^

ace6_dm_image10.jpg

ace6_dm_image07.jpg

this next one may or may not be new - there was a recent pic with two Tornado's but it might've been different from this:

ace6_dm_image08.jpg

edit: seems I was right, there's the older one
http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360...t-6-fires-of-liberation-20070517051802410.jpg

JCBossman

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
Better graphics (not counting the 1080p60 support), Slipstream feature, and better online.

That due to the power of the Cell...Right? I mean please, as far as online goes,well I am not going to beat a dead horse, but considering that working together REQUIRES voice and 95+% of 360 Live players use their mikes and PS3 not nearly as much, the choice is clear.You must be REAL happy to get the "DEFINITIVE" version of Ninja Gadiaun.....3 years later...

JCBossman said:
That due to the power of the Cell...Right? I mean please, as far as online goes,well I am not going to beat a dead horse, but considering that working together REQUIRES voice and 95+% of 360 Live players use their mikes and PS3 not nearly as much, the choice is clear.You must be REAL happy to get the "DEFINITIVE" version of Ninja Gadiaun.....3 years later...

Yeah, you must be really sad for completely missing the point of the conversation you decided to barge into :lol :lol

fail.gif

How the f**k am i a "total sony fan"? You guys should start reading the whole conversation instead of barging in into a single post and start accusing people of something. You fail too.

1228_0001.jpg

Sweet explosions! and motion blur!

ace6_dm_image08.jpg

lots going on in the screen!

This is looking sweet now! I bet when we get to see it in motion it will be chaotic and fun! Good job Namco

JCBossman said:
That due to the power of the Cell...Right? I mean please, as far as online goes,well I am not going to beat a dead horse, but considering that working together REQUIRES voice and 95+% of 360 Live players use their mikes and PS3 not nearly as much

Even if you have a mic, RR7 doesn't include voice chat. :( We're still seeing this crap on both PSN (Rampart, Rampage, etc.) and retail (F.E.A.R.) titles.

Top Bottom