• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Content 5/31/07 (Folklore Demo - JPN, Resistance Maps & WW servers)

tanod

when is my burrito
NA content and Folklore Demo is up! Go! Puzzle is out in Europe.

This is for North America unless specified otherwise and updated as we get more information. Official PR at the bottom of this post. Is there anything I'm missing with confirmed dates?

Also, I'm sorry about the thread title. This news hit Wed. night. http://www.myresistance.net/smf/index.php?topic=32341.0
Insomniac & Sony now say that Resistance patches are not coming until next week, June 7th.

Mod power abuse request on thread title??

Aside from what's below, a bunch of PS1 titles were added to the Japan Store today. However, unless you have a Japanese credit card, you won't be able to get any of them. Japan Playstation cards are also scheduled for release now on June 6th. Importers, start your engines! Downloadable PS1 games are region-free.

Last week in case you missed it:
Joust - $4.99
"Folklore" Trailer in Japan Store from Gamers' Day
"Uncharted" Trailer from Gamers' Day
WarHawk Beta - aka WarLOCK
Firmware 1.8 - upscaling, media server, and Euro backwards compatibility update

This week:
Folklore - Demo in Japan Store
Championship Sprint - $4.99 (another Midway/SOE title)
RR7 - Additional content, some for $$$

Scheduled for June:
June 7th:
Resistance - update - WW servers, in-game cheater reporting added, XMB support expanded (you can see friends list in-game on a seperate tab, not an XMB overlay) - free
Resistance - Map Pack - the maps will support all multiplayer modes and there will be 8p, 16p, 32p, and 40p versions of the maps. 800 yen (Japan price confirmed; the US price will replace this when confirmed but expect $8).
Resistance - Japan will most likely finally get the balance, gametype and other updates for Resistance that America already has due to WW servers.

June 14th:
Go! Puzzle

Other June (Unconfirmed Dates):
MotorStorm - Japan players getting online play - free
MotorStorm - increased friend list limit to 50 - fixes glitch where it will not display any friends in the list if you have more than 30, time attack mode, see game status and more game details in lobby
MotorStorm - new track Coyote Revenge, new unlockable vehicles - for $$$
Lair - Demo
Super Stardust HD

PSP Updates (this week):
PSP Firmware 3.5 - global remote play added
Killzone: Liberations - New SP chapter, infrastructure online MP mode

Also, take the MotorStorm dates with a grain of salt. The developers have given out numerous dates for when content is coming out and in what region in a variety of different interviews. Don't shoot the messenger if I'm wrong.

For help on creating a Japan Store account, go here:
http://blogs.ign.com/xheavenxsentx/2006/12/09/39684/

Other things of significance to American/Euro GAFfers on the JPN store:
Hot Shots 5 Demo
DMC4 trailers
Folklore trailer
Virtua Fighter 5 trailers
Ridge Racer 7 trailers
Gundam Musuo trailer

For help with the Media server stuff, go here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158357

PR said:
PLAYSTATION Store Additions

Below are the details of the exciting new offerings:

Championship Sprint Game ($4.99): Put your pedal to the metal and race to the finish line in this nostalgic racing game. Choose from a multitude of different tracks and be the first to make it to the finish line while avoiding oil slicks, water spots and more!

Ridge Racer 7 Add-on Content (prices vary): Download new special events, decals and beats as you experience drift racing in all of its 1080p glory in this legendary racing series.

MLB 07 The Show (PS3) Tutorial Videos (free): Check out some of the gameplay features that make MLB 07 The Show for PS3 a home run, including Road To The Show, the new Pitching System, and Umpire Personalities.

Movie Trailers (free): Download the latest theatrical trailers for Hot Rod and Ratatouille.

Oni Jazar

It's a damn shame that Sony isn't going the XBL route with all arcade games requiring free demos. I'd love to play a little bit of Championship Racing but not for $5.

Also I'd like to bitch some more about the lack of PS1 titles. They're dropping the ball big time.

Anzu

Banned
I can't wait for the WW servers on Resistance and getting to play FolkSoul. Finally a next-gen RPG for me to eat up.

Brofist

The Japanese date for the Motorstorm content is June 20, so I would imagine the US content will be out no later than that.

edit: actually the Japanese Motorstorm downloads will be broken up with the map packs showing up in July, so take that as you will.

Download sizes (Japanese ones)
Folklore demo: 1014MB
Resistance map pack: 312MB
Motorstorm online update (for those unlucky bastards owning the JPN version): 542MB.

20GB is starting to look smaller and smaller :(

dakiparu

This is PSN updates for EUROPE:

This week:
Sorry you got screwed!

Last Week (In case you missed it):
Fw 1.80 and...ooopppps, sorry we screwed you again!

(Aegis Wing free for US people on XBLA, nothing for us euro guys, Forza M2 out yesterday in US, June 8th in Europe and so on and on and on....)

Thank you Sony and MS to think to us in a very lovely way all the time! Appreciated! :lol :lol :lol

tanod

when is my burrito
dakiparu said:

At least they put out a huge Euro-BC update with 1.8. What is up to now, almost 90%?

Thanks for the reminder.

Steroyd

dakiparu said:
This is PSN updates for EUROPE:

This week:
Sorry you got screwed!

(Aegis Wing free for US people on XBLA, nothing for us euro guys, Forza M2 out yesterday in US, June 8th in Europe and so on and on and on....)

Thank you Sony and MS to think to us in a very lovely way all the time! Appreciated! :lol :lol :lol

:lol :/ :(

Bebpo

Banned
Oni Jazar said:
Also I'd like to bitch some more about the lack of PS1 titles. They're dropping the ball big time.

The PS1 titles just aren't listed yet. There's a good chance the US store will get some new ones since the JPN store will definitely get new ones this Friday.

Not that you're wrong about them dropping the ball, though. They've dropped it through their foot at this point.

JB1981

tanod said:
--Resistance - update - WW servers, in-game cheater reporting added, XMB support expanded (you can see friends list in-game on a seperate tab, not an XMB overlay) - free

I guess this means friends list access/friend requests isn't coming in FW 2.0.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
i am so happy i have a US and JPN account too, or else i would barely turn on my ps3, luckily june gets the darkness and NG Sigma <3.

tanod

when is my burrito
Firewire said:
Can you delete the account afterwards?

Why would you need or want to?

I'm gonna guess the answer is no though since when you create a Master account for another region, all the content downloaded in that region will be "licensed/owned" by that master account just like all the other content on the Store.

womfalcs3

Banned
I want the Folklore demo.... I have a second account on which I have access to the Hong Kong account.

1.) Can I change the location of that account (so I don't have to make a third account)?
2.) Will this be like when they said the NGS demo would be coming to Japan, but then it also came to the US at the same release time frame?

Brofist

womfalcs3 said:
I want the Folklore demo.... I have a second account on which I have access to the Hong Kong account.

1.) Can I change the location of that account (so I don't have to make a third account)?
2.) Will this be like when they said the NGS demo would be coming to Japan, but then it also came to the US at the same release time frame?

We'll know in a little over a day I guess.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
womfalcs3 said:

1) No. You gotta make a new one.
2) Might be.

Championship Sprint is not a game I can see working without a real, free-spinning wheel. Anyone who's played the orgiinal will know what I mean.

Odd choice for PSN, unless they just plan to do all the Atari/Williams/Midway eventually, and this one was up.

Anzu

Banned
tanod said:
Why would you need or want to?

I'm gonna guess the answer is no though since when you create a Master account for another region, all the content downloaded in that region will be "licensed/owned" by that master account just like all the other content on the Store.

Not sure I understand what you just posted. You can delete any account you want. Not sure why you'd want to though.

tanod

when is my burrito
Anzu said:
Not sure I understand what you just posted. You can delete any account you want. Not sure why you'd want to though.

Of course.

I'm sorry. I meant to say in my original post that if you want to play the content you downloaded with the account, you can't delete it.

Anzu

Banned
tanod said:
Of course.

I'm sorry. I meant to say in my original post that if you want to play the content you downloaded with the account, you can't delete it.

Oh okay. That makes more sense, but is it true? Doesn't explain how you can game share, and any download works on any account, so why can't you delete an account and still use the content?

tanod

when is my burrito
Anzu said:
Oh okay. That makes more sense, but is it true? Doesn't explain how you can game share, and any download works on any account, so why can't you delete an account and still use the content?

You can't play gameshared games unless you have that person's account on your PS3. If you delete the original purchaser's account, the file will no longer be playable, since the original purchaser's account holds the license.

Although this has been proven to be true with for-pay content, I'm only guessing on free content being unplayable and maybe it only applies to games. *shrugs*

kuYuri

Championship Sprint is supposed to be the last of the six announced games from Midway/SOE, so now we can get back to some more compelling PSN titles and hopefully PS1 titles.

Please Sony, put Resident Evil: Director's Cut on the US Store. =(

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
tanod said:
You can't play gameshared games unless you have that person's account on your PS3. If you delete the original purchaser's account, the file will no longer be playable, since the original purchaser's account holds the license.

Although this has been proven to be true with for-pay content, I'm only guessing on free content being unplayable and maybe it only applies to games. *shrugs*

The Owner rule applies only to *purchased* stuff. Demos and other free stuff will always work whatever you do with the account.

tanod

when is my burrito
TTP said:
The Owner rule applies only to *purchased* stuff. Demo and other free stuff will always work whatever you do with the account.

I was waiting for the expert to show up. Thanks for the clarification, TTP. :D

Do the HOME and WarHawk betas work the same way since they're free?

So is teh Resistance update up yet, if so how do I DL it (I don't see it in the PS store, do I have to put the game in or something)? Also does anyone have any idea why my computer gets kicked off the internet every time I sign in to the PSN? They're both wifi...

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
tanod said:
I was waiting for the expert to show up. Thanks for the clarification, TTP. :D

Do the HOME and WarHawk betas work the same way since they're free?

That's a very delicate question you are asking! :lol

I'm gonna answer this way:

- every content that, upon hitting Triangle on it, shows the "Owner" field in the Information listing is linked to the PSN account of that Owner (your system has to be activated under that Account PSN for that content to work). Hence can be shared with up to 4 people at a time. If the Owner field is there but shows something like this "Owner: -" that means that you don't have the system activated under the PSN account you used to download that content.

- every content that, upon hitting Triangle on it, doesn't show any "Owner" field (just Name, Parental Level, Creation Date and File Size) doesn't require a system to be activated under any specific account to work...

On a side note, Home beta asks to be logged in with the beta tester PSN account to work. As for Warhawk...
not really, and it doesn't show any Owner field either

PS: A PS3 system doesn't get automatically activated under a specific PSN account if the user downloads free content. ie: I give you my JPN account, you download Hot Shot Golf 5 demo, I still have that activation available.

nofi

peacemountain said:
What will we get in Europe? Next video of CAC? Come on Sony, bring the content, we will purchase it... as usual.

I'm hoping for Go Puzzle, but yeah, we'll probably get a video of someone scratching their arse or something.

tanod

when is my burrito
SlaughterX said:
So is teh Resistance update up yet, if so how do I DL it (I don't see it in the PS store, do I have to put the game in or something)? Also does anyone have any idea why my computer gets kicked off the internet every time I sign in to the PSN? They're both wifi...

thread title said:
PSN Content 5/31/07 (Folklore Demo - JPN, Resistance Maps & WW servers)
and today is?

About your router: It sounds as if your router only supports one wireless connection at a time. That seems to make the most sense.

EDIT: Just thought of this, if you don't have wireless security enabled on your router, you may have a bunch of people leeching your Internet leaving only one available wireless connection for you to use.

I don't think that's the case as I don't have a problem with my laptop or either of my handheld systems, it just seems to be when the PS3 signs on to the PSN or when I search for media servers on the PS3 it breifly knocks my computer offline. Also when the PS3 has a purple background does that mean that there's an update or is that because it's the morning or what?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
SlaughterX said:
Also when the PS3 has a purple background does that mean that there's an update or is that because it's the morning or what?

It reflects the time of the day.

Top Bottom