• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Content 5/31/07 (Folklore Demo - JPN, Resistance Maps & WW servers)

tanod

when is my burrito
SlaughterX said:
I don't think that's the case as I don't have a problem with my laptop or either of my handheld systems, it just seems to be when the PS3 signs on to the PSN or when I search for media servers on the PS3 it breifly knocks my computer offline. Also when the PS3 has a purple background does that mean that there's an update or is that because it's the morning or what?

Try turning Media server off underneath Network Settings. See if that works. Also, there is a lot of discussion about this in the "FW 1.8" thread and the DLNA thread.

GeoramA

Souther said:
oh PS1 games ....where art thou
Seriously. I expected great things when I first heard about downloadable PS1 titles, but we aren't getting shit. I wonder what the hold-up is...

JdFoX187

Banned
Lair demo for June *dances*

I don't know if I'm behind in the times or not, but that's the one thing I'm looking forward to right now on the PSN.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
GeoramA said:
Seriously. I expected great things when I first heard about downloadable PS1 titles, but we aren't getting shit. I wonder what the hold-up is...

Not only that. Sony should release some kind of "from CD to PS3" converter that allows you to turn YOUR ALREADY PURCHASED PSONE GAMES in PS3/PSP compatible ones. That would rock.

Souther

Banned
TTP said:
Not only that. Sony should release some kind of "from CD to PS3" converter that allows you to turn YOUR ALREADY PURCHASED PSONE GAMES in PS3/PSP compatible ones. That would rock.

Actually i was thinking about this like 5 mins ago aswell!

I personally dont see why it could'nt work. Its not like places really rent PS1 games anymore. They could just ask you to enter in specific info like barcode number or something like that.

Maybe it would do something like allowing it to be fully downloaded to the HD but it would need you to insert the disc for a quick scan just to make sure you still actually own the game and then it would play from the HD as usual

JdFoX187 said:
Lair demo for June *dances*

I don't know if I'm behind in the times or not, but that's the one thing I'm looking forward to right now on the PSN.

I have this... itching feeling that it won't come in June. :lol

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Souther said:
Actually i was thinking about this like 5 mins ago aswell!

I personally dont see why it could'nt work. Its not like places really rent PS1 games anymore. They could just ask you to enter in specific info like barcode number or something..

They wouldnt need that either since that info is in the game (I mean the anti-piracy stuff). What hurts me is that PSP homebrewers have been doing this for a long time...

FightyF

Banned
--Resistance - update - WW servers, in-game cheater reporting added, XMB support expanded (you can see friends list in-game on a seperate tab, not an XMB overlay) - free

Awesome! I never ever considered an in-game cheater reporting feature...very, very cool!

Souther

Banned
~Devil Trigger~ said:
Hong kong = PSN Asia account right?

cuz i heard its in English

i believe so...

they did end up fixing the lil trick where you could add funds from a US based CC and use them on the HK store..thats how alot of people got Tekken 5:DR early.

it would have been nice to be able to still do this so it would be possible to get some of the PS1 games the HK and JP store have. But then again they are probably region protected so it wouldnt work regardless of your Account settings.

Aeon712

Fight for Freeform said:
Awesome! I never ever considered an in-game cheater reporting feature...very, very cool!
Not like it will do anything, I put the people that we report on my ignore list to never play with them again and they are on everytime I'm on :(.

tanod

when is my burrito
~Devil Trigger~ said:
Hong kong = PSN Asia account right?

cuz i heard its in English

The content isn't exactly the same, the last I heard. Can you download Hot Shots 5 from that store?

Aeon712 said:
Not like it will do anything, I put the people that we report on my ignore list to never play with them again and they are on everytime I'm on :(.

Except now a moderator can jump into your game as the cheating is happening and kick them then and there. That's what the Gamespy article implied.

Fight for Freeform said:

This is indeed a great feature. Now we can rid Resistance of all the best players.

Zoe

Souther said:
Maybe it would do something like allowing it to be fully downloaded to the HD but it would need you to insert the disc for a quick scan just to make sure you still actually own the game and then it would play from the HD as usual

If anything, they'll probably allow Remote Play for PS1 games.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
tanod said:
The content isn't exactly the same, the last I heard. Can you download Hot Shots 5 from that store?
No, content isn't exactly the same but all the major JPN demos have shown up there simultaneously so far, I think. I downloaded HS5 demo from the HK store.

tanod

when is my burrito
FormulaOne said:
My list has been compiled. The snipers will go down first.

It's not like they are banned on report alone. They spectate in-game and watch them cheat after they get the report before they are banned. That being said:

Efertlisdotcom + 4000 sniper kills = banned:lol

Souther said:
oh PS1 games ....where art thou

i need to feel the awesomeness that is RE: DC again.

Sony has the right price line for PS1 games and the fact that they are PSP compatible is awesome. Now if they would just get some more titles up, they'd definitely get some of my money.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
TTP said:

Oh come on TTP, Sony is already fighting those harsh enemies of theirs that published games such as Wipeout, Jumping Flash, etc... to bring them to EU PSN store... have them tackle this challenge... well... we may hope :lol.

Seriously though, it would ROCK!

EternalGamer said:
Sony has the right price line for PS1 games and the fact that they are PSP compatible is awesome. Now if they would just get some more titles up, they'd definitely get some of my money.

The PSN should be flooded with PS1 games and yet it's not. So what could possibly be their reasoning for being so cautious and releasing only a few select PS1 games? You know you have some explaining to do when the functionality to rip and play PS1 games on a PSP already exists today, albeit without Sony's acknowledgment.

FormulaOne said:
This is indeed a great feature. Now we can rid Resistance of all the best players.

They're not going to ban people outright. It's going to be used to alert system administrators to observe accused players in games, and from there, they'll make the decision. This will get rid of people utilizing map glitches and lag cheats, not people who are actually good at the game.

distantmantra said:
They're not going to ban people outright. It's going to be used to alert system administrators to observe accused players in games, and from there, they'll make the decision. This will get rid of people utilizing map glitches and lag cheats, not people who are actually good at the game.

I wasn't serious.

Souther

Banned
vilmer_ said:
Parasite Eve confirmed for tomorrow.

I can dream, can't I?

the sad thing is...

i doubt you'll ever see any games from S-E up on the PSN. Unless sony somehow persuades them (ie: $$$) the only way is to have the PS1 discs themselves.
If S-E isn't supporting the Wii VC at this time then its safe to assume they aren't supporting the PSN either.

Now, if we could somehow manage to get the Lunar series up there somehow, that would be an awesome start. Even the Full Arc the Lad collection would kick

tanod

when is my burrito
My PS1 wishlist:

Legend of Kain: Blood Omen. If it was on the hard drive, the loads when pausing, sneezing,
taking a shit,
speaking a word of dialog, wouldn't be OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, terrible.

Einhander (I used to have a copy, I don't know what happened to it)

Parappa the Rapper

vilmer_

Souther said:
the sad thing is...

i doubt you'll ever see any games from S-E up on the PSN. Unless sony somehow persuades them (ie: $$$) the only way is to have the PS1 discs themselves.
If S-E isn't supporting the Wii VC at this time then its safe to assume they aren't supporting the PSN either.

I've searched yet again through my PS1 game vault in the basement and STILL cannot find my original Parasite Eve :( I would love to try e-bay, but most likely the pricing would be insane, as well as an influx of greatest hits versions. Between this and my missing Resident Evil 2 copy, I'm in shambles.

Mrbob

I hope the lack of PS1 releases is due to the fact Sony will be setting up an itunes like store for PS1 games.

Just put them all on there and let us download what we want.

tanod said:
I'm really sorry about this:

http://www.myresistance.net/smf/index.php?topic=32341.0
Insomniac & Sony now say that Resistance patches are not coming until next week, June 7th.

Mod thread title change please?

Sweet europe get the maps whenever not even a ****ing date, man scee are so shite, the store is shite the games released so far are shit its run like a two bit operation. Well done sony they cant even get a bloody map pack released doesnt bode well for big things in the future. I think i know why i pay for an online service now.

duckroll

Coming on 5/31 for both PSP and PS3 (PS1 emulation titles, 600 yen each):

Embrace of the Desert
Spectral Tower
Spectral Force 2
Guilty Gear
KoF 95
KoF 96
KoF 97
Samurai Spirits + Shin Samurai Spirits Pack
Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
Xi Demo (free)
Little Princess Marl Kingdom 2
Septentrion

The titles on the bottom list are all the games that are now playable on PS3 as well as PSP. These include R-Type Delta, Silent Bomber, and other goodies. You can click on the titles to see the box covers.

rc213

duckroll said:

Embrace of the Desert
Spectral Tower
Spectral Force 2
Guilty Gear
KoF 95
KoF 96
KoF 97
Xi Demo (free)
Septentrion

:O SCEA needs to get on this!

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
duckroll said:

Embrace of the Desert
Spectral Tower
Spectral Force 2
Guilty Gear
KoF 95
KoF 96
KoF 97
Xi Demo (free)
Septentrion

The titles on the bottom list are all the games that are now playable on PS3 as well as PSP. These include R-Type Delta, Silent Bomber, and other goodies. You can click on the titles to see the box covers.
nice. I wonder what NA will get. :x

do you add funds to a jpn account just as you do to others? i thought there was a transfer funds between profiles option or somethin'

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
TTP said:
I thought t PSOne games were already PS3 compatible ;) Anyway I imagine it'd be a non-issue for PS3 conversions(since it's just HDD install of a game that already works in the machine anyway), but I dunno what legal status is with PSP playing PS1 games that weren't released on PSstore.
So I wouldn't totally count out this happening for PS3 one day.

On a related topic - I never bothered to find out before, but are PSStore PS1 titles region free (either on PSP or PS3)?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Fafalada said:
On a related topic - I never bothered to find out before, but are PSStore PS1 titles region free (either on PSP or PS3)?

The ones I've had so far seem to be (US games on a Japanese PS3). Haven't tried them on my PSP yet.

Top Bottom