• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RE 4 Wii gameplay video

Sharp

Nice controls. Also, as someone who's never played RE4, WTF at the graphics. Wii developers clearly aren't trying even a little bit.

Matchew

Sharp said:
Nice controls. Also, as someone who's never played RE4, WTF at the graphics. Wii developers clearly aren't trying even a little bit.

Righttttttt.....

anyways it looks nice, and the controls look really good.

Brak

Sharp said:
I assume you mean that those graphics are pretty impressive for a Gamecube game, so why do most Wii games look so terrible. Otherwise your comment is a head-scratcher.

Also: Headshots for all!

Sharp said:

I know. RE4 clearly shows nearly all other wii developers aren't trying. It looks so much better than nearly all Wii titles.

Mrbob

This has all the extras of the PS2 edition, correct?

The targetting reticle also looks like it has some sort of slight lock on mechanic. Hopefully you can turn this off.

I must be going through a retro phase right now. Playing Brood War (after finishing starcraft), buying Tomb Raider Anniversary, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, and RE4 Wii Edition in June.

BTW, why is WII EDITION plastered in big letters on the title screen? Does Capcom think we'll get confused somehow?? :lol

Threi

notag
Sharp said:

QUE?

*thinks*

oh i think i saw what you did there.

1-D_FTW

Brak said:
I assume you mean that those graphics are pretty impressive for a Gamecube game, so why do most Wii games look so terrible. Otherwise your comment is a head-scratcher.

Also: Headshots for all!

That's exactly what I read him to mean.

And how can anyone dispute this? Watching that video (and remembering RE4), it is a disgrace to see what's being published on Wii.

Brak

Mrbob said:
This has all the extras of the PS2 edition, correct?

The targetting reticle also looks like it has some sort of slight lock on mechanic. Hopefully you can turn this off.

I must be going through a retro phase right now. Playing Brood War (after finishing starcraft), buying Tomb Raider Anniversary, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, and RE4 Wii Edition in June.

BTW, why is WII EDITION plastered in big letters on the title screen? Does Capcom think we'll get confused somehow?? :lol
Ninja Gaiden Sigma & RE4 are retro now?

Deku

Banned
So cvx has his RE4 Wii yet? :)

As for Sharp, he's been trolling for weeks. Always the same low intensity passive agressive stuff. Even tried to drag StarCraft 2 into his act :(

cvxfreak

Deku said:
So cvx has his RE4 Wii yet? :)

As for Sharp, he's been trolling for weeks. Always the same low intensity passive agressive stuff. Even tried to drag StarCraft 2 into his act :(

Monday. :)

Are you picking this one up?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I love the freaking buzzing noise in the background. :X

Nice video though! Lots of headshots, good thing RE4 has a way around that :D

rubso

Banned
good video, the controls were great, I think I must pick up the Wii just to play RE4 again!
Y2Kev said:
I love the freaking buzzing noise in the background. :X
Psyduck.jpg

my ears hurts me !

Sharp

I didn't realize what I said was so confusing but yeah, I meant that developers need to get crackin' because I want better-looking games for my Wii. And the aiming does look much better than I expected.

Proven

Quick aiming is hot!

I'm definitely replaying this to kill more crows.

Oh, bottlecaps should be easier now too!

Aiming seems great. Though, i'm a little bummed that the aiming reticule is still visible when you're not shooting. I hope that can be turned off otherwise that's gonna annoy me.

EternalDarko said:
Aiming seems great. Though, i'm a little bummed that the aiming reticule is still visible when you're not shooting. I hope that can be turned off otherwise that's gonna annoy me.

It's there for a reason. With a game like RE:4 you don't want to switch to aiming mode and realise you're pointing away from the TV, then try and find the range your sensor bar will allow. It keeps you pointed at the TV and in control when you need to shoot.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Did anyone ever get a definitive answer as to what engine this is running on? Is it the original GC code? Some mix between the PS2 and GC engines? What's this game running on exactly?

Threi

notag
TheGreatDave said:
It's there for a reason. With a game like RE:4 you don't want to switch to aiming mode and realise you're pointing away from the TV, then try and find the range your sensor bar will allow. It keeps you pointed at the TV and in control when you need to shoot.

Well they should make it more transparent then. Its kind of annoying.

140.85 said:
Did anyone ever get a definitive answer as to what engine this is running on? Is it the original GC code? Some mix between the PS2 and GC engines? What's this game running on exactly?

100% GCN. No PS2.

TheGreatDave said:
You're right, I didn't think about that. But it's still going to be annoying and they should have thought of a way around that, like making the opacity very low when not in use.

To the other guy's question, I believe it was mentioned in an interview that the PS2 extra's were ported over to the GC engine and their textures/poly counts were slightly upgraded to flow with the rest of the GC version.

EternalDarko said:
You're right, I didn't think about that. But it's still going to be annoying and they should have thought of a way around that, like making the opacity very low when not in use.

To the other guy's question, I believe it was mentioned in an interview that the PS2 extra's were ported over to the GC engine and their textures/poly counts were slightly upgraded to flow with the rest of the GC version.

I can see how it'd be annoying. I'm all for options, so let people take it away or make it low opacity, but I can live with it.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
EternalDarko said:
there is, its called not pointing at the screen :lol

Phobophile

A scientist and gentleman in the manner of Batman.
Man, I really wished the franchise was called Biohazard in the US. Makes so much more sense than "Resident Evil."

Definitely looking forward to picking this one up soon.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
So since the game was originally designed with a regular controller in mind, does the wiimote aiming make the game too easy? Or have they adjusted the Wii edition accordingly?

Mockingbird said:
Yes. Nintendo didn't allow it for Zelda.

Why do you want poor controls? And why do you want to pay for full price for a title that is already available with the old controls for next to nothing?

Kiriku said:
So since the game was originally designed with a regular controller in mind, does the wiimote aiming make the game too easy? Or have they adjusted the Wii edition accordingly?
I'm a little worried about that too. Maybe there's a hard mode?

I don't like the cursor. RE4 is so atmospheric that a big red/green cursor is a little annoying. I really hope it can be transparent. But hey, the control is better and you can use the GC controller if you want. Can't really complain.

Also, what exactly is a hitbox? Is it like the collision detection of the bullets?

Top Bottom