• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atari brings Ace Combat 6 and Eternal Sonata to Europe

Just received in my inbox:

ATARI TO BRING ‘ACE COMBAT™ 6: FIRES OF LIBERATION’ AND ‘ETERNAL SONATA™’ TO PAL TERRITORIES

- Atari Secures Deal with NAMCO BANDAI Games to Distribute Highly Anticipated Xbox 360 Titles in Europe and Other PAL Regions -

LYON, FRANCE – 21 June 2007 – Atari today announced the forthcoming release of two highly anticipated titles for the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. Published by NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe and distributed in the PAL territories by Atari, flight action title Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation and role-playing game Eternal Sonata are scheduled for release this coming autumn.

“The further expansion of our line up with Namco Bandai Games is the fruit of the excellent quality of their games and the performance of our European distribution network,” said Jean-Michel Perbet, President, Atari Europe. “These two titles are superb additions to our growing product portfolio as Atari pushes ahead with renewed confidence.”

The renowned Ace Combat series of video games is the undisputed king of the virtual skies. Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation brings new heights of intense aerial combat to players. With online play for the first time using Xbox Live®, players can now experience Ace Combat on a massive worldwide scale with a deep, action-packed multiplayer experience.

Bringing the long-awaited authentic Japanese role-playing experience to European gamers for the first time, Eternal Sonata takes full advantage of the Xbox 360 with its gorgeous graphics, 3D character models, and groundbreaking battle system. With a host of technically advanced and unique features alongside an enchanting and original storyline, Eternal Sonata will set new standards for RPG gaming.

Sweeeeeeet :D Now please Atari, bring us that fantastic controller too!

ATARI TO BRING ‘ACE COMBAT™ 6: FIRES OF LIBERATION’ AND ‘ETERNAL SONATA™’ TO PAL TERRITORIES
WTF

Atari Secures Deal with NAMCO BANDAI Games to Distribute Highly Anticipated Xbox 360 Titles in Europe and Other PAL Regions
SINCE WHEN DOES NAMCO BANDAI GIVE A SHIT ABOUT EUROPE TO BRING A RPG?

Published by NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe...
PUBLISHED BY WHO? SINCE WHEN DOES THAT ABOMINATION EXISTS? HOMETEK 2

“The further expansion of our line up with Namco Bandai Games is the fruit of the excellent quality of their games and the performance of our European distribution network,”
YEAH, SUCH A GREAT LINE UP, LETS DO LIKE HOMETEK AND IGNORE TALES. AWESOME.

Bringing the long-awaited authentic Japanese role-playing experience to European gamers for the first time
AHAHAHAHAHHA.........AAHAHHAAHHAHA

LONG-AWAITED THEY SAY. ASSHOLES.

Eternal Sonata will set new standards for RPG gaming.
I know one standard:

Another non-important Namco RPG getting better treatment than Namco RPG flagship series.

Yeah.

I'll kill them.

ram

so, no localitzation at all? like gundam: target in sight, which also came via atari. but in the end, its good to hear, that these good games will come to europe and not only the garbage.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Spider_Jerusalem said:
Are you talking about their support to (fan)sites? In my experience, they always send preview/review codes and promo versions of their games, so I can't complain :)
Atari France still think like 10 years in the past when they were actually relevant. I've never got any single thing from them, and worst of all they are preventing us from doing some interesting stuff with their devs when their devs are more than willing to do it.

Blimblim said:
Atari France still think like 10 years in the past when they were actually relevant. I've never got any single thing from them, and worst of all they are preventing us from doing some interesting stuff with their devs when their devs are more than willing to do it.
Whoa, it sucks hard :(

Well, at least ES is getting an EU release, that's good to hear. We'll probably never get any Tales of games released here in Europe ever here unless they're actually published by Nintendo and with the localisation paid for by them :(

ram said:
so, no localitzation at all? like gundam: target in sight, which also came via atari. but in the end, its good to hear, that these good games will come to europe and not only the garbage.
Atari distributes Bandai titles (DBZ and other anime games) and it was Bandai who published them and localized them (since they do have an european branch, unlike Namco). I guess Bandai didn't find it necessary to localize Gundam.

But now there is a Namco Bandai Games Europe and its publishing 2 Namco titles for the first time ever. (Atari again is just distributing it, like other companies like Proein do for Square-Enix in Spain for example).

So my question is....what the hell is Namco thinking NOW that they have an european branch and they will publish their own games for the FIRST time ever. BRING ME MY TALES NOW. I'll buy both AC6 and ES (when I have a console that plays them)

macksplack said:
Too bad there is no release date for europe in the announcement, end of the year is gonna get packed.
Yes, it only says Autumn. And I just asked our PR if they'll bring us the Ace Edge bundle too, but it seems they won't :(

Err...I spent last minutes trying to find NBGE website. They don't even have a website :/

So...I guess Bandai office has evolved into Namco Bandai Games Europe? Bandai Europe brought many Bandai games, like Dragon Ball and other anime games. They even brought old Hack games. Now they will bring Namco titles too, or so it seems.

They better bring most Namco stuff...and what they don't bring better not be one RPG series I know...

Spider_Jerusalem said:
Yes, it only says Autumn. And I just asked our PR if they'll bring us the Ace Edge bundle too, but it seems they won't :(

Really? that sucks why do we euro's getting screwed all the time, thanks for asking though.

Farore said:
But you've played all the games already and you don't want butchered versions anyway :p ...
For the future! I wonder if Namco will publish Tekken now? This thread is pretty big news...Namco doesn't have to rely on EA, Ubisoft, Sony, Nintendo or anyone else anymore to bring their titles. They can publish them, localize them probably (Bandai localized most of their games) and Atari will distribute them.

Aaron

Blimblim said:
Ouch. Atari US is pretty good when it comes to fan sites.

Blimblim said:
Mmm, but Blimblim, for a game like Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2, published by Bandai and just distributed by Atari, who would you ask for info/media and such?

Top Bottom