• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Odyssey - new scans from Famitsu #970

Thoren

Banned
GOD BLESS YOU

edit: Oh god yess that looks sexy. Someone translate the hell out of it, please! JGAFFERS ASSEMBLE!

soco

its hard to tell for sure from those scans, but some of the look pretty impressive in there. here's hoping the few things Sakaguchi still hadn't added will put this game a ton beyond the demo.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
michaeld said:
I wonder if people in Japan are hyped for this, and if this will be a system seller.

Same here. Whenever a new game is announced, I wonder first how well it sells instead of wondering how well the gameplay will be

What does it say about Xbox Live on the bottom of the 3rd scan? Something about E3? New trailer downloadable? Playable demo?

Thoren

Banned
michaeld said:
I wonder if people in Japan are hyped for this, and if this will be a system seller.

Probably! The character designer for Lost Odyssey is probably just as popular if not moreso than Akira Toriyama in Japan.

It's been hanging in the top 10 of Famitsu for a while now!

edit:

Vyse The Legend said:
In before the duckroll hate train, :lol.

Looks pretty good.

:lol :lol

Salazar

Gold armour looks outrageously sexy. If it's mine - awesome. If it's an enemy's, I want to be able to steal it after I've killed them.

Jonnyram

Brief skimming of article reveals:
- new movie at E3, downloadable on marketplace mid july
- currently doing full scale rebalance of gameplay... events are heavy so they want to reduce the number of battles
- definitely out this year, don't worry

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Looks solid. I'm more excited for this game than Blue Dragon. I think whats making me feel down about Nextgen is the complete lack of full blown RPGs (takes time to develop, I understand).

But that aside, this game should be realling kicking off the JRPG nextgen influx! Yay!

Wario64 said:
Same here. Whenever a new game is announced, I wonder first how well it sells instead of wondering how well the gameplay will be

:lol :lol :lol

Looks fantastic. I really, really hope it delivers.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
I think it looks good if not great. I don't know what they are yet to reveal but so far I get the impression that like Blue Dragon this is going to be a very traditional RPG.

Thunderbear said:
I think it looks good if not great. I don't know what they are yet to reveal but so far I get the impression that like Blue Dragon this is going to be a very traditional RPG.

yeah, they've been saying it will be for a while now...and the demo showed that...

Embrace turn-base damnit. It's good, when it's done well.

USD

Wario64 said:
What does it say about Xbox Live on the bottom of the 3rd scan? Something about E3? New trailer downloadable? Playable demo?
Says they're going to put the newest footage on Xbox Live for E3. I think.

jet1911

FateBreaker said:
yeah, they've been saying it will be for a while now...and the demo showed that...

Embrace turn-base damnit. It's good, when it's done well.

I have no problems with turn-based battles. Random encounters on the other hand...

michaeld

Banned
Wario64 said:

I don't care how it plays because I don't like JRPG's, I am curious about how it will affect MS HORRID Japan performance.

Jonnyram said:
- currently doing full scale rebalance of gameplay... events are heavy so they want to reduce the number of battles

innntteeerreesstttiiinnngggg. maybe this means they're killing the random battle thing and putting enemies on the map, and stuff?

Thoren

Banned
Thunderbear said:

Ah, but I doubt that they'll disappoint with this game combat-wise. Its turn based, but has some real-time elements to it apparently, as well as twitch based commands and an evolution of the front/back system that FF parties have used forever.

BlueTsunami said:
Sakaguchi no comprende Cell Processor

He doesn't like Kutaragi's architecture!

Jonnyram said:

Fans of 80 hour RPGs and grinding probably won't like this, but I'm all for fewer battles if it means they are unique and fit into a story.

BlueTsunami

Random Encounters = Dated

I really dislike playing Russian Roulette when it comes to encounters. Sometimes I want to avoid a fight, sometimes I don't. Random Encounters shouldn't exist anymore! Spectre from the past!

Xenon

I hope they do more with the exploration portion of the game. I'd hate it if it had simplistic areas to explore dressed up with pretty graphics like enchanted arms. I'm not expecting Oblivion level of open areas, but it would be nice ;)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
a Master Ninja said:
Fans of 80 hour RPGs and grinding probably won't like this, but I'm all for fewer battles if it means they are unique and fit into a story.

Same. Grinding or excessive battles are usually the main reason why I hardly ever complete RPGs

lo1a.jpg

NICE!!! :D

Thoren

Banned
Does anyone else think December is a PERFECT time to sell this game? Unless by some freakish accident Mass Effect comes out the same month, I can't see any RPGs at all on the horizon to even be competition. If this game really is as good as it sounds and looks, and they release it during the Christmas console rush, it could very well open the gates of the 360 to the niche but dedicated JRPG gamers.

BlueTsunami

DCharlie said:
+ obligatory slippage, lets call it March 2009.

Dreamcast 2 release confirmed. Sony loses, Sega returns

They should just delay it to 2012. Before the Mayan Armageddon and they could call it Final Fantasy: FOREVER

Top Bottom