• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The TRUE Xbox 360 megaton wasn't even shown!!!

mollipen

PINK XBOX 360 CONTROLLER BITCHES!!!

E3hero_beyondthebox.jpg

I tried to check to see that this hadn't already been posted, but, you know... it's a bit tough right now.

TJ Spyke

distrbnce said:
oh wow, that's hot.

Seriously though. What was the megaton at the MS conference? Did I miss something?

The megaton is tha there was no megaton. The general consensus seems to be that it was boring and terrible. No big games, no surprises. Their biggest announcment seems to be the Halo 3 limited edition Xbox 360 (which is a ugly puke-green color).

A pink controller? Meh.

spwolf

distrbnce said:
oh wow, that's hot.

Seriously though. What was the megaton at the MS conference? Did I miss something?

megaton was "best 3rd party multiplatform lineup", EVER.

Ploid 3.0

That futuristic green xbox looks pretty cool. They should have had a cold steel color though. Maybe a new faceplate will do the trick. I like the orange parts.

mollipen

Aaron said:
I wouldn't say it's pink. More of a... lightish red.

What? You're crazy. That's clearly pink... and totally hot. (If only it had white analog sticks and d-pad instead of the standard grey.)

seat

Ploid 3.0 said:
That futuristic green xbox looks pretty cool. They should have had a cold steel color though. Maybe a new faceplate will do the trick. I like the orange parts.
Well, I knew there was someone out there who liked it. Big Halo fan, I'm guessing?

Hell, my own personal megaton of the night is me finding out that HERCULES IN NY is on the video marketplace.

360 owners need to go and download one of the best movies of all time. Now.

My megaton was the announcement of an international Video Marketplace push for later this year. That was genuinely unexpected.

Apart from that, I went into the conference with no expectations of surprises. Came away slightly pleased there wasn't a price drop yet (saves that weapon for when it's needed) and slightly pissed that there's another blasted console SKU to provide me with future service center headaches.

Oh yeah... and G4 coverage sucked ass. But then, we should have expected it.

They really should stick to the off whitish color trademark of the original 360. The design factor and color choice blends together to a pretty attractive piece of electronics.

The other color, including black just look really cheap.

Haunted

The grey sticks, pads and coloured buttons totally ruin those controllers, imo. And that military green (don't know what the colour's really called in english) is extremely ugly as well.

The original white 360 and its accessories is still the best looking of all the different 360 SKU's I've seen.

shinsnake

Banned
Was this the true megaton not shown? I posted it in the conference thread, but it's kind of dead.

http://news.briefing.com/GeneralCon...p.aspx?ArticleId=NS20070711082220HeadlineHits

They say:

Microsoft plans to lower the Xbox to $299 from $479 to increase sales and lure in non-traditional customers not interested in the pure gaming aspect of the machine. Comparatively, a Wii costs $249. The price cut will give Xbox an advantage in the North American market, where consumers have a choice of consoles to play the same game. The September launches of Halo 3 and Grand Theft Auto IV are expected to be key events for the Xbox.

MSFT declined to say when the price cut will take effect, but it won't be at this week's E3 games conference. Just this week, Sony (SNE, 52.13) announced it had lowered the price of the Playstation 3 console, which has lagged behind both the Wii and Xbox, by 17% to $499 from $599 in the US.

Elite for $299 am confirmed? Seriously, is this just some kook making this up?

If true, Day 1 indeed.

hadareud

The Translator
shinsnake said:
MSFT declined to say when the price cut will take effect, but it won't be at this week's E3 games conference. Just this week, Sony (SNE, 52.13) announced it had lowered the price of the Playstation 3 console, which has lagged behind both the Wii and Xbox, by 17% to $499 from $599 in the US.
well, that should drive sales through the roof until they actually announce it a few months down the road.

what a smart move to talk about a potential pricedrop. no one will hold out.

dejay

Banned
Dimmuxx said:

What

the

f*ck

?

By the way, when are those little keyboards coming out? Or are they out already? (I'm in Australia - where everyone's late to the consumer electronics party)

Wraith

shinsnake said:
Was this the true megaton not shown? I posted it in the conference thread, but it's kind of dead.

http://news.briefing.com/GeneralCon...p.aspx?ArticleId=NS20070711082220HeadlineHits

They say:

Microsoft plans to lower the Xbox to $299 from $479 to increase sales and lure in non-traditional customers not interested in the pure gaming aspect of the machine. Comparatively, a Wii costs $249. The price cut will give Xbox an advantage in the North American market, where consumers have a choice of consoles to play the same game. The September launches of Halo 3 and Grand Theft Auto IV are expected to be key events for the Xbox.

Elite for $299 am confirmed? Seriously, is this just some kook making this up?

If true, Day 1 indeed.

Smells like bullshit, but I hope it isn't.

wasting

Banned
dejay said:
By the way, when are those little keyboards coming out? Or are they out already? (I'm in Australia - where everyone's late to the consumer electronics party)

We havent gotten a date, just price $30.. Im guessing September though

**** the naysayers, I think this will work in Microsoft's favour. By painting controllers pink they are broadening the market and introducing new people to games.

besada

Banned
My wife would kill for that controller, but she also wants a pink 360 to replace her existing white box. Get on it, Microsofties!

Top Bottom