• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ASH Archaic Sealed Heat [DS] new screens

king zell

20070806_05_ash_00.jpg

Game screens

19011_n20070806_05_ash_05.jpg
19011_n20070806_05_ash_06.jpg

19011_20070806_05_ash_07.jpg
19011_20070806_05_ash_08.jpg

19011_20070806_05_ash_09.jpg
19011_20070806_05_ash_10.jpg

Art work

19011_n20070806_05_ash_01.jpg

19011_n20070806_05_ash_02.jpg

19011_n20070806_05_ash_03.jpg

19011_n20070806_05_ash_04.jpg

rakka

Smiles and Cries said:
what is the history of this game? who is making it? when does it come out?

Mistwalker/Gooch is developing, Nintendo publishing, 2007 (hopefully) in Japan...

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
I don't know... if the main character didn't have such an awesome and quirky look... I think the rest of the characters would be a little dopey looking...

rakka said:
Mistwalker/Gooch is developing, Nintendo publishing, 2007 (hopefully) in Japan...

thanks... I'm sure Mistwalker still owes MS some more games good to see this one is finally coming to light I completely forgot about this one.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Ginko said:
Are those side characters at the bottom of the characters page? Seems like it.
Those are the classes you can choose to make ASH warriors.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
She looks like a barbie doll.

jj984jj

Ginko said:
Yeah I stealth edited it with "classes" as a possibility. Thanks though.
That's okay, I also made a stealth edit to my post so that it made sense. :lol

I'm totally expecting ASH to get a 10/9/9/9 or something in Famitsu. A deserved one as well, not one of those high scores they give to games for ad revenue or has awesome potential but is flawed (Trusty Bell, FFXII).

The move from CG to in-game was less disappointing than that wonderful thread for Nights Wii.

I don't know much about this, is it a SRPG? Turn based?

jj984jj

TheGreatDave said:
The move from CG to in-game was less disappointing than that wonderful thread for Nights Wii.

I don't know much about this, is it a SRPG? Turn based?
:lol @ Nights. It's mix of a SRPG and turn-based combat, when you engage an enemy you get into a turn based battle instead of the computer battling for you.

As for DQ, all signs are pointing to a delay so I guess we'll find out at TGS.

jj984jj said:
It's mix of a SRPG and turn-based combat, when you engage an enemy you get into a turn based battles instead of the computer battling for you.

That could be fun. Consider me interested.

jj984jj said:
:lol @ Nights. It's mix of a SRPG and turn-based combat, when you engage an enemy you get into a turn based battles instead of the computer battling for you.

As for DQ, all signs are pointing to a delay so I guess we'll find out at TGS.
So it's like Disciples then?

jj984jj

Prime crotch said:
So it's like Disciples then?
I'm not sure, I've never played a Disciples game. I think the idea is team tactics, I found duckroll's old post with the details:
duckroll said:
Okay, gave the long interview a good read. I'll translate some interesting details.

- The game is supposed to be more realistic and serious, hence the requirement for pre-rendered movies, sprites, and voice.

- The game's theme and tone are very different from Blue Dragon.

- It's a mix of RPG commands and Simulation RPG strategy maps. You form teams of up to 3 characters with a leader, and it's represented as a single unit on the map. You can have up to 5 teams at the same time later.

- When you engage enemies on the battlefield, instead of a one-to-one attack like in a normal strategy game, it switches to a team battle encounter like a RPG, menu driven.

- As it is a strategy RPG, everything is governed by Action Points. AP is shared between an entire team, not individual characters.

- There are two types of characters - main characters and ash warriors. Only main characters who are actual living beings and story characters can be team leaders.

- Ash warriors are considered as troops in your army which can level up and gain skills. When you're satisfied with their development you can then absorb them into a main character to transfer the powers. Absorbed ash warriors are lost forever.

- First 2 Gigabit DS rom. They really need the space.

- Like any other strategy RPG, there will be field skills that you can use on the battlefield itself, as well as support magic that allows one team to boost the stats of another team, etc.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170988

So its SRPG map with turn-based battles between units....mmm I hope they can pull it with small loading times and so, I don't like long or tedious battle systems. Artwork is very good, I hope the first piece is the final boxart.

Top Bottom