• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Gotham Racing 4 is gold ! (screens inside)

snoopers

I am multitalented
Microsoft Game Studios and Bizarre Creations today announced that “Project Gotham Racing 4” (“PGR 4”), the latest installment of the best-selling and award-winning racing franchise, has been released to manufacturing. The team also confirmed that the game’s new web site is up and running. Fans can now visit http://www.pgrnations.com for all the latest news, features and updates from the “PGR” universe and the team at Bizarre.

Set to redefine the experience “PGR” fans have come to know and love, “PGR 4” is set to race onto store shelves on Oct. 2. Featuring a unique, exciting racing experience where dramatic racing action is captured in breathtaking cinematic style, “PGR 4” is sure to capture the attention of racing fans everywhere. The all new addition of motorcycles adds a new dimension to the “PGR” driving experience by allowing gamers to compete and pull off amazing driving maneuvers not possible on four wheels.

The official “PGR 4” web site at http://www.pgrnations.com contains the most recent news and updates in the Project Gotham universe. Currently, the web site is the home to the game’s full robust vehicles list, including models from the world’s top car and motorcycle manufacturers, as well as the official Achievements list. The site will be continually updated to give fans a true home base with all the “PGR 4” information and content they’re looking for.

From the inspired minds at Bizarre Creations, “PGR 4” offers franchise fans and new players alike exciting new ways to race over Xbox LIVE. “PGR 4” allows drivers to build a global racing community through team-oriented gameplay while making it easy to find their favorite races, friends, ghosts, replays or photos. Additional improvements to the unique Kudos rewards system provides gamers with more incentives to show off their distinctive driving styles including the ability to purchase new vehicles, game modes, gamerpics and more at the “PGR” Shop. “PGR 4” will be available at retailers nationwide on Oct. 2 for an estimated retail price of $59.99.

For more information, check out the “PGR 4” game page at:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/p/projectgothamracing4/

16 screenshots: http://www.gamersyde.com/news_5038_en.html

1163_0001.jpg

1163_0002.jpg

1163_0003.jpg

1163_0004.jpg

1163_0005.jpg

1163_0016.jpg

From PGRNations:

Community and competition form a large part of the success of the Project Gotham Racing® series, and PGR 4 is no exception. One of the challenges of creating PGR 4 was determining how we could really tap into the passion and energy our fans bring to the game. To foster that competitive spirit, we’re introducing the PGR Nations website.

Here on the PGR Nations website, we track that information so that you have timely updates on your nation’s standings. The main page holds the primary international standings. National leaderboards show you how individuals rank within a nation, while the My Stats page will show your individual standings. Regular story updates bring you news and information from the PGR 4 world—some of it written by your fellow PGR racers! All this information and more will be available here at the PGR Nations website, so stay tuned!

Chromehounds THE RACING GAME??

Fucking. Awesome. Sauce.

Bit disappointed I have to wait a month but I can't wait ^_^

Loved 3, and my copy doesn't work now, but totally looking forward to this, will be an amazing few weeks with Halo 3 then PGR4 :D

These photomode screens look absolutely incredible.
I wonder if gameplay graphics will match this level of quality within this gen. Here's hoping.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Even if the actual gameplay only looks half as good this will be the best looking game ever.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
*fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap*

PGR2 was the game that made me buy an Xbox, PGr4 may be the game to make me buy a 360, but this time I want to see more than just the Welsh playing on XBL.

antiloop

Is any of these pics ingame or is photomode becoming the new ingame?

If they are not ingame, do we have any 720p direct-feed ingame footage anywhere out there? I just want to know what I can expect playing it.

f@luS

More than a member.
this looks good but WHY NO INGAME SCREENSHOTS bizzard? why? even polyphony , teh king of replay shots released ingame shots of GT..... i want direct feed of PGR4 please blim/snoopy !

FrankT

f@luS said:
this looks good but WHY NO INGAME SCREENSHOTS bizzard? why? even polyphony , teh king of replay shots released ingame shots of GT..... i want direct feed of PGR4 please blim/snoopy !

Late

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Code:
Class A

* Aston Martin DBR9
    * Caparo T1
    * Ducati 999R Xerox
    * Ferrari FXX
    * Ferrari F50 GT
    * Gumpert Apollo
    * Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14
    * Koenigsegg CCX
    * Lamborghini Murcielago R-GT
    * Mclaren F1 LM
    * Mercedes CLK-GTR SuperSport
    * MV Augusta F4 Senna
    * Panoz GTR-1 Coupe
    * Radical SR9 LMP2
    * RUF Supercar Concept
    * Saleen S7 Twin Turbo
    * SSC Ultimate Aero TT
    * Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa Ltd
    * Suzuki GSX-R1000
    * Toyota GT-One

Class B

* Ariel Atom 300 Supercharged
    * BMW K1200R
    * Dodge Viper Competition Coupe
    * Ducati 998
    * Ducati Monster S4RS Testastretta
    * Ferrari GTO Evoluzione
    * Ferrari Enzo Ferrari
    * Harley Davidson VR-1000
    * Honda CBR600RR
    * Jaguar XJ220S
    * Joss Supercar
    * Lamborghini LP640
    * Maserati MC12
    * MV Augusta Brutale 910 R
    * Pagani Zonda F
    * Palmer-Jaguar JP1
    * Radical SR3 Turbo
    * RUF RT12
    * Suzuki GSX-R600
    * Ultima GTR
    * Yamaha YZF-R6

Class C

* Aston Martin DBS
    * BMW M1 Procar
    * Callaway Sledgehammer
    * Caterham R500
    * Chevrolet Corvette Z06
    * Dodge Viper GT-2
    * Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano
    * Ferrari F430
    * Ferrari F40
    * Ford GT
    * Honda NR750
    * Lamborghini Concept M
    * Lamborghini Gallardo
    * Lotus Exige GT3
    * Mclaren-Mercedes SLR
    * MTT Turbine Superbike
    * Rossion Q1
    * RUF CTR Yellowbird
    * RUF RGT
    * Triumph Speed Triple
    * TVR Typhon

Class D

* Aston Martin V8 Vantage
    * Aston Martin Vanquish S
    * Audi R8
    * BMW F 800 S
    * BMW M5 E60
    * Chevrolet ZR1
    * Ducati Paul Smart 1000 LE
    * Ferrari 355 F1 GTS
    * Ford GT40 MKI
    * Honda NSX-R
    * Lamborghini Diablo VT 6.0 SE
    * Light Car Company Rocket
    * Mercedes CLK DTM AMG
    * Mitsubishi FQ400
    * RUF RK Coupe
    * Shelby Cobra 427 S/C
    * Spyker C8 Laviolette LWB
    * TVR Sagaris

Class E

* Audi RS 4
    * Bentley Continental GT
    * Cadillac Sixteen Concept
    * Dodge Challenger Concept
    * Ferrari Testarossa
    * Ferrari 250 GTO
    * Ferrari 365 GTB/4 ("Daytona")
    * Honda RC161
    * Lamborghini Countach LP400
    * Maserati 250F
    * Mazda RX-7
    * Norton 500 Manx
    * Saleen S281E
    * Shelby GT500E
    * Subaru Impreza 22B STi
    * Tesla Roadster
    * Toyota Supra Turbo
    * Triumph Trident
    * Vanwall GPR V12

Class F

* Alfa Romeo SZ
    * Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato
    * BSA Gold Star DBD34
    * Buell RR 1200
    * Buick Regal GNX
    * Chevrolet Stingray
    * Chevrolet Camaro Z28
    * Ford Mustang GT 2+2 Fastback
    * Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500
    * GMC Syclone
    * Jaguar D Type
    * Lamborghini Miura P400 SV
    * Lancia Stratos
    * Lancia Delta Integrale Evo
    * Lotus Esprit Essex Turbo
    * Plymouth Hemi Cuda

Class G

* Austin Mini Cooper S
    * Delorean DMC-12
    * Lotus Cortina
    * Lotus Europa
    * Mazda MX-5
    * Pontiac Firebird
    * Toyota 2000GT

f@luS

More than a member.
segarr said:
There's a demo coming before or near release so you can calm down Sony fans.
I know its not allowed but i really wish there were some sanctions or anything for the 1st post on any thread about fanboy/fan/anything like that. This is SO annoying , cant u keep this clean?

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
No Porsches, no sale. Sorry, but not having the 959 and Carrera GT in this game, when they were both in Forza 2, is unacceptable. :-(

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
BenjaminBirdie said:
Uh, yeah, try having NO Scion xB in EITHER.
Oh, that's a good thing, trust me. But with a game that celebrates automotive performance, surely, putting a Porsche or two in there can't be that tough if THE GAME'S PUBLISHER HAS THE GODDAMN PORSCHE LICENSE.

Sometimes, I just don't understand people...

EDIT: If the Carrera GT can't be in the game, at least put in the Gemballa Mirage GT. Same car, just pimped out with some engine tuning, an aerokit, and a sweet-ass interior...
Porsche_carrera-GT_415_1024x768.jpg

Orodreth

BenjaminBirdie said:
That will not help battles that are fought in the Valley Of Screenshots.

snoop_gaf.jpg

Believe in a hero

Q: How did you manage to keep it together?
A: We knew Snoopers was still in the fight. He gave us direct-feed

TTG

cjelly said:
List
QUOTE]

As far as I can tell, the ONLY thing missing is Porsche and the new M3. other than that, it's any car enthusiasts wet dream. :lol

I wonder if the Coparo is the fastest car in the game this time around. I also thought the 599 would be a class above the z06 and f430.

TTG

twinturbo2 said:
Oh, that's a good thing, trust me. But with a game that celebrates automotive performance, surely, putting a Porsche or two in there can't be that tough if THE GAME'S PUBLISHER HAS THE GODDAMN PORSCHE LICENSE.

Sometimes, I just don't understand people...

EDIT: If the Carrera GT can't be in the game, at least put in the Gemballa Mirage GT. Same car, just pimped out with some engine tuning, an aerokit, and a sweet-ass interior...
http://s2.desktopmachine.com/pics/Porsche_carrera-GT_415_1024x768.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

They don't have my LS3 C6 Corvette. But I can take the Z06 and pretend that's it. ;)

I suggest any porsche fan take RUF and do the same.

PS: I don't think the Gemballa is officially it's own brand, it's just a tuning company. Officially, RUF is a totally separate car from Porsche.

rostocker

twinturbo2 said:
No Porsches, no sale. Sorry, but not having the 959 and Carrera GT in this game, when they were both in Forza 2, is unacceptable. :-(
There are 5 Porsches in the game. RUF ftw!

dankir

Awesome, gonna pick it up release day.

EA owns the license among 3rd parties, so you won't see Porsches in anything but 1st party a la Forza 2.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
TTG said:
They don't have my LS3 C6 Corvette. But I can take the Z06 and pretend that's it. ;)

I suggest any porsche fan take RUF and do the same.

PS: I don't think the Gemballa is officially it's own brand, it's just a tuning company. Officially, RUF is a totally separate car from Porsche.
Gemballa cars are in Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition and the Japanese versions of Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune, so I don't think that's the problem.

Still, the lack of Porsches in the game when MS has the license is mind-boggling. I couldn't understand it in PGR3, and I don't understand it now...

I have a feeling that the national leaderboards is a brilliant idea. Next to being the best among your friends you will have additional goals of being the best in your country. Sounds good to me.

TTG

Can someone make a "official Project Gotham" thread? The game is gold already, I think that qualifies.

With a demo and a bunch of media coming out soon, it would help...

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Wow, looks insane.

If this game manages to avoid the awful loading screens of PGR3, I may pick it up.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
dankir said:
Awesome, gonna pick it up release day.

EA owns the license among 3rd parties, so you won't see Porsches in anything but 1st party a la Forza 2.
It's being published by Microsoft, and Microsoft is a first-party publisher, so how doesn't that count?

Top Bottom