• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Gotham Racing 4 is gold ! (screens inside)

Orodreth said:
snoop_gaf.jpg

Believe in a hero

Q: How did you manage to keep it together?
A: We knew Snoopers was still in the fight. He gave us direct-feed

You're disrespecting veterans.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
While I'm whining about the car list, where's the Bugatti Veyron? Is the licensing as expensive as one of those cars?

f@luS

More than a member.
BenjaminBirdie said:
That's it. You and me. October Whenever You Get PGR4. St. Petersburg. Bikes. Seriously.
Ok , but u will get owned dude. BUt no bikes, its for pussy

twinturbo2 said:
While I'm whining about the car list, where's the Bugatti Veyron? Is the licensing as expensive as one of those cars?

Harder to get the license than the actual car, Bugatti refuses to let it be in any game.

pr0cs

All the early videos I saw on GT looked pretty weak. No question the photo mode looks good but in-game I wasn't really impressed. Hope videos from Gamersyde will change my opinion.

twinturbo2 said:
No Porsches, no sale.
thats the dumbest thing i've ever heard. do the bulet points on the back of boxes work like this in your world?

-10/10 at IGN.com
-#1 racing franchise on 360
-Race online with 16 players!
-Has Porsches

:lol

dark10x said:
Is that realtime, though? If so, I'm really impressed as the lighting looks far better than I expected.

post processing effects added i'm sure but the stuff like the ground reflections is indeed real.

Orodreth

pooteeweet said:
You're disrespecting veterans.

iseewhatyoudidthere...

Actually i was respecting Snoopers :).

Btw, i ´m not sure about getting it at release. I really like pgr games but i still have to get and enjoy forza2 (even havent finished all achievements for pgr3 yet).

I think they are releasing pgr4 too soon.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
pooteeweet said:
Harder to get the license than the actual car, Bugatti refuses to let it be in any game.
Bugatti's being a bitch about this? I will never, in a million lifetimes, have the money to buy a real Veyron, so why not let me drive it in a video game? Are they worried about me going Burnout in it at 253 MPH? It's a video game, for christsakes! And PGR4 only has cosmetic damage, anyways...
MobiusPigeon said:
thats the dumbest thing i've ever heard. do the bulet points on the back of boxes work like this in your world?

-10/10 at IGN.com
-#1 racing franchise on 360
-Race online with 16 players!
-Has Porsches

:lol
Like I said, PGR4 is being marketed as a celebration of performance, so I would at least like to see the 959 and Carrera GT in there...

traveler

Not Wario
dark10x said:
Is that realtime, though? If so, I'm really impressed as the lighting looks far better than I expected.

Do you EVER post comments that DON'T try to grab attention like this? :lol

p3tran

Banned
Orodreth said:
I think they are releasing pgr4 too soon.
no they are not

pgr3 was a launch game.

if you havent played it enough in all this time that has passed, that is not everybody's fault but only yours.

p.s.
now where is that plane that carries blim?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
traveler said:
Do you EVER post comments that DON'T try to grab attention like this? :lol
Now think about what you've just said...

What other reason would anyone have for posting on a message board if not to, you know, discuss things? Grabbing someone's attention is one of the most effective ways to go about doing that.

Are you saying it is worthwhile posting in a thread if all you have to say is "Yup, looks good"?

Orodreth

p3tran said:
no they are not

pgr3 was a launch game.

if you havent played it enough in all this time that has passed, that is not everybody's fault but only yours.

Of course, you´re right on that (and it was just a anecdote on my side, i just need to finish the platinum ones) but i still think its a bit too soon.

Even if different in concept we have just had forza2 recently (and also colin mcrae dirt) and i think they could have give it some more time, untill maybe begining next year or previous to christmas.

twinturbo2 said:
Like I said, PGR4 is being marketed as a celebration of performance, so I would at least like to see the 959 and Carrera GT in there...

eh? since when? PGR has always been about the mix of cars. those minis sure do screaaaaam performance.

Aleman

Orodreth said:
Even if different in concept we have just had forza2 recently (and also colin mcrae dirt) and i think they could have give it some more time, untill maybe begining next year or previous to christmas.

More time is not always better. Scope creep can kill projects.

MakMan

Blimblim said:
Hey guys, I'm back from Liverpool with some nice footage :)

Post it please!
Those screens look way better than the footage earlier this week.
So any confirmation of the beauty in motion?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
vspectra06 said:
Did you manage to capture the intro video as well? :O
Yep.
Ok so tonight I won't have time to encode more than one video, so pick your poison:
Shangai on a bike
1.jpg

Quebec on a FXX:
2.jpg

Cone Attack (new mode) at Vegas:
3.jpg

Saint Petersburg on a bike:
4.jpg

Top Bottom