• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Gotham Racing 4 is gold ! (screens inside)

Blimblim

The Inside Track
michaeld said:
The roofline looked like it impared vision pretty bad.
Yeah, it's one of the few cars where the in-car camera is unusable.
It's a shame since from what I saw the HDR is ok now using this view on the sunlight.

Knight77

cjelly said:
0425.jpg

O_O

Well is great but...you know that the cars aren't reflecting each other, right? :-( the green car is reflecting whats over the black one :-(

By the way...the graphic is stunning.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Knight77 said:
Well is great but...you know that the cars aren't reflecting each other, right? :-( the green car is reflecting whats over the black one :-(

By the way...the graphic is stunning.
Yeah, I'm certain that if you show this to a man on the street, they would probably assume that it's real and not a video game. Very realistic images almost am here. :D
Oh, and at least Bizarre gets a big thumbs up for including the Ferrari FXX. Too bad the in-car cam is even more useless than it already is...

_Angelus_

Banned
Seriously-why doesn't Microsoft just flat out buy Bizarre already? They obviously know the racing genre quite well. This game is so freaking insane,dayuuuuum.

Don't let these guys get away Microsoft.:(

Angelus said:
Seriously-why doesn't Microsoft just flat out buy Bizarre already? They obviously know the racing genre quite well. This game is so freaking insane,dayuuuuum.

Don't let these guys get away Microsoft.:(

They need to watch out for EA.

camineet

Banned
while I'm not a huge fan of Project Gotham Racing series, PGR4 seems good enough for me buy. maybe.

I passed up on PGR3.

For PGR5 on the 3rd-gen Xbox (360's successor) I hope that Bizzare can reach,
in realtime, the level of graphical complexity & quality in the prerendered CG 'cinema' teaser for PGR3.

@ 1080p - 60fps plus motion blur and maybe 16x anti-aliasing or at least 8x AA.

I mean this teaser
HD
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/6580.html

SD
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/6579.html

and yes that's better than the photomode of PGR3.

DuckRacer

camineet said:
in realtime, the level of graphical complexity & quality in the prerendered CG 'cinema' teaser for PGR3.

Since Bizarre gets a PGR out every two years, it's likely PGR5 is going to be a 360 title.

AMUSIX

OK, first of all, gorgeous footage, thank you very much...

Unfortunately, looking at that car list/class separation PGR4 just took a massive nosedive for me. I was so hoping that the messed up classification of the cars in PGR3 was purely due to a rushed development schedule, and that PGR4 would have the tighter class lists of PGR2. Guess not.

PGR4's classes look so slapped together, I'd be surprised if there was any balance in them at all. A Speed Triple in the same class as an F40? An RX-7, Countach and the Cadillac Sixteen all matched together? Either Bizarre has greatly misrepresented the comparable performance of a lot of cars, or Online racing will be nothing more than the same two models in every class.

It's really too bad...would have much rather seen 10 classes of a dozen vehicles each instead of these 7 mixed up lists.

camineet

Banned
Duck said:
Since Bizarre gets a PGR out every two years, it's likely PGR5 is going to be a 360 title.

yeah, that very well could happen.

so what I mean is, the first PGR game for the next Xbox, be it PGR5, PGR6 or PGR7 :)

_Angelus_

Banned
vspectra06 said:
They need to watch out for EA.

Thats what came to my mind. They lost the RallySport development team to EA,right?
Not only them though,the franchise carries abit of prestige and for sure critical acclaim for the 360 platform. if I were Microsoft I would guard that franchise with an iron first,they're crazy if they don't think somebody isn't gonna grab Bizarre eventually.

J-Rzez

AMUSIX said:
OK, first of all, gorgeous footage, thank you very much...

Unfortunately, looking at that car list/class separation PGR4 just took a massive nosedive for me. I was so hoping that the messed up classification of the cars in PGR3 was purely due to a rushed development schedule, and that PGR4 would have the tighter class lists of PGR2. Guess not.

PGR4's classes look so slapped together, I'd be surprised if there was any balance in them at all. A Speed Triple in the same class as an F40? An RX-7, Countach and the Cadillac Sixteen all matched together? Either Bizarre has greatly misrepresented the comparable performance of a lot of cars, or Online racing will be nothing more than the same two models in every class.

It's really too bad...would have much rather seen 10 classes of a dozen vehicles each instead of these 7 mixed up lists.

Finally, someone else that is pissed at this too... Seriously, wtf were they thinking? It's not performance based that's for damn sure...

MaX_PL

Banned
i really wish those monopolistic dicks that are Electronic Arts didnt buy the Porsche license. the 911 GT1 was my favorite car to drive in PGR2 and I'd just love to experience the sensation of driving it in PGR4.

ourumov

I am really happy there is at least one Alfa in the game! That's cool!
Can't wait how they model the inside of the SZ. One of the nicest cars ever. I enjoyed a lot with it on Enthusia.

MaX_PL

Banned
omfg dickens, that quebec video is unfuckinbelievable. i hope to god that guys driving is affected by the snow and not his inability to drive though. amazing visuals and effects and more importantly, i love that track. remind be a bit of edinburgh with the way theres these small straights which lead to tight turns, and this and that. i dunno but it gave me that PGR2 feeling.

MaX_PL

Banned
i hope to god the menu transitions are as quick and easy as with PGR2. PGR3 was a joke when it came to finding, loading, and joining lobbies.

Something interesting I noticed. It doesn't look like things outside the left window get any motion blur when using the driver cam. Probably couldn't do it without blurring the window itself. Kindof a bummer.

MaX_PL

Banned
SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

So crazy that we are getting Halo 3 and then a week later PGR4. WOWOW!

kinda annoying really. its gonna be hard to find a balance between the two and school.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
camineet said:
while I'm not a huge fan of Project Gotham Racing series, PGR4 seems good enough for me buy. maybe.

I passed up on PGR3.

I mean this teaser
HD
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/6580.html

SD
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/6579.html

and yes that's better than the photomode of PGR3.

Knowing Bizzare Creations, expect a 30fps, sub 720p & no true AA game. Instead you'll get triple the motion blur & HDR because those combined look better that the above upgrades!

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Fusebox said:
Seemed to me he was entering most corners going way too fast.
It was Ben from Bizarre driving, but since we did not have time to completely install the direct feed capture system he had to play directly on my laptop screen and he had a quite big delay between his input on the pad and what he was seeing on the screen. He did very well considering that.

bill0527

Will the lighting be better than PGR 3?

The shadows in PGR 3 were terrible, especially going under overpasses or through long tunnels. I couldn't see a damn thing and usually ended up eating a guardrail or a wall.

ari said:
racing game of the year, was not expecting this game so fast. 360 have a killer library this year.
A) You should really have an Ari Gold avatar

B) Hell yeah it does. I wish it wasn't so back-loaded though. Games like Blue Dragon are suffering because they released against too much competition.

Top Bottom