• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Gotham Racing 4 is gold ! (screens inside)

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Opus Angelorum said:
The environments are really quite incredible looking, and the car models aren't too shabby either, I'd like to see some sunlight gameplay.
I have quite a bit of sunny gameplay, but it's cam footage.

Crayon Shinchan said:
Back from your ban? Surprised it wasn't permanent given or even after that pathetic whine you had on Team Xbox.

The only reason you'd think Forza's gameplay is >>>>>>> over GT is because you have no intention of ever owning a PS3.
Do you want me to take a picture of myself holding my PS3 and post it here?

There are a lot of Sony franchises I like. Most anything by Naughty Dog or Insomniac for one. God of War for two. However, I'm not a huge Gran Turismo fan. Forza's handling just feels way better to me. I played the first two GT games on PS1, and they were great. After playing Forza 2, I went back and played the GT4HD demo on PS3, and it just didn't feel as good. It was still fun, but I just didn't like it as much.

But yeah, if you need proof of my PS3 ownership, let me know.

twinturbo2 said:
Microtransactions, beeotch. :D

Oh balls....you might be onto something there. And I promised myself I would never indulge in micro-transactions. Oh well, I guess I might soon find out how closely I hold my convictions! :lol

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
sionyboy said:
Oh balls....you might be onto something there. And I promised myself I would never indulge in micro-transactions. Oh well, I guess I might soon find out how closely I hold my convictions! :lol
That was the first thing I thought, too, regarding the lack of the F50 street car on the list. I think, though, with PGR3, that the cars can be bought a-la-carte, unlike Test Drive Unlimited, where you had to buy a pack of cars to get the one you really wanted. Hopefully, that's the case in PGR4.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Opus Angelorum said:
Will you be posting it, or do you have strict 'only high quality footage' on Gamersyde?

I'd love to see it.
I'll be posting some of it, don't know how yet since a least some parts have the devs talking about the game too and it's quite interesting.
I know I'll put the video with the guy who modeled Macau online, it's awesome :)

twinturbo2 said:
That was the first thing I thought, too, regarding the lack of the F50 street car on the list. I think, though, with PGR3, that the cars can be bought a-la-carte, unlike Test Drive Unlimited, where you had to buy a pack of cars to get the one you really wanted. Hopefully, that's the case in PGR4.

Yeah, I think the cars were like 80 points each on PGR3, or they were available in bundle packs for small savings with your MS Made-Up Moon Money. A few were released free of charge, but I think these were mainly sponsored downloads (except the Aston Martins, they were made free)

I love my new phone, watching the PRG4 intro video at 320x240. Now I have the remixed version of Shadow wherever I go. Top stuff indeed.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
sionyboy said:
Yeah, I think the cars were like 80 points each on PGR3, or they were available in bundle packs for small savings with your MS Made-Up Moon Money. A few were released free of charge, but I think these were mainly sponsored downloads (except the Aston Martins, they were made free)

I love my new phone, watching the PRG4 intro video at 320x240. Now I have the remixed version of Shadow wherever I go. Top stuff indeed.

is there a direct capture of that intro? all i saw a while back was blim's cam footage. god that shit is HOT

jet1911

op_ivy said:
is there a direct capture of that intro? all i saw a while back was blim's cam footage. god that shit is HOT
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_5044_en.html

67z4ymr.gif

Blimblim

The Inside Track
sionyboy said:
You are going to loooove the menus in PGR4. You'll see (and hear) why in the sound design video sometimes this week-end.

Blimblim said:
You are going to loooove the menus in PGR4. You'll see (and hear) why in the sound design video sometimes this week-end.

Oh, I can't wait to see all this stuff. Up until very recently, it was kind of easy to imagine that this game would end up just slight upgrade from 3 but the last week, all that has done a complete...180!

:lol

Kudos!

Blimblim

The Inside Track
michaeld said:
Hey Blim sorry if already covered, but are the weather effects ingame on par with this?
67z4ymr.gif
They are really good, but the intro video still does look a notch better than the game.

op_ivy

wow, vegas looks quite a bit improved over the pgr3 version. nice!

i'm torn about the cone challenges though... on the one hand, i REALLY like how it seems like they have returned to the pgr1/2 style where you have to link chains yourself. the cones are seperated enough where it'll be up to you to link them with slides and what not. however, it also looks like ONE GIANT STEP BACK as well being that now instead of having to be lined up and passing through them, you just have to hit them. there is no skill in that. boo.

op_ivy said:
wow, vegas looks quite a bit improved over the pgr3 version. nice!

i'm torn about the cone challenges though... on the one hand, i REALLY like how it seems like they have returned to the pgr1/2 style where you have to link chains yourself. the cones are seperated enough where it'll be up to you to link them with slides and what not. however, it also looks like ONE GIANT STEP BACK as well being that now instead of having to be lined up and passing through them, you just have to hit them. there is no skill in that. boo.

They don't have both types?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
twinturbo2 said:
Blim, are the loading times any better?
Difficult to say since it was running off hard drives. But it was quite fast, and the restarts were almost instant except on the ring.

op_ivy

BenjaminBirdie said:
They don't have both types?

do they?

i just noticed that was called a "cone attack", so maybe the cone challenges are still in.

BlinkGT

Agent Ironside said:
Hows the soundtrack this time around? PGR3's was brilliant, loved Squarepusher.

PGR4 tracks list :

* 120 Days - Come Out Come Down Fade Out Be Gone
* Auto Aggression - The Sky Is Not Yours
* Beethoven - Symphony No. 5
* Bloc Party - Prayer
* Blue Scholars - Sagaba (Remix)
* Chick Corea Elektric Band - Check Blast
* !!! - Heart of Hearts
* Covenant - The Men
* Crystal Method - Keep Hope Alive (There Is Hope Mix)
* Disturbed - Stricken
* E Da Boss - Go Left
* Edge of Dawn - Elegance
* Flesh Field - Forgotten Trauma
* Goldfrapp - Lovely 2 C U (T. Raumschmiere Remix)
* Goose - Black Gloves
* Grieg - In the Hall of the Mountain King
* Grits - Bobbin' Bouncin'
* Hot Chip - Over And Over
* Hummel - Rondo in E Flat
* Incubus - Light Grenades
* Insekt - Isolated
* Kaiser Chiefs - Ruby
* Karl Denson's Tiny Universe - The Bridge
* Kittie - Funeral for Yesterday
* Lady Sovereign - Blah Blah
* LCD Soundsystem - Watch the Tapes
* Lily Allen - Take What You Take
* Liszt - Hungarian Waltz No. 2
* Lupe Fiasco - The Instrumental
* Maximo Park - Our Velocity
* Mendelssohn - Violin Concerto in E Minor
* Metro - Mr Fruity
* Mind.In.A.Box. - Identity
* Mozart - Eine Kleine Nachtmusic
* Mozart - Sonata - alla Turca
* My Chemical Romance - House of Wolves
* Natacha Atlas - Bathaddak
* Ojos De Brujo - Color
* Ojos De Brujo - Todo Tiende
* Pride and Fall - Border (Club Edit)
* Priestess - Everything That You Are
* Prophet Omega - Hit the Deck
* RImsky Korsakov - Flight of the Bumblebee
* Rotersand - DTL
* Russell Gunn - East St. Louis
* Saliva - King of the Stereo
* Seabound - Scorch the Ground (Rotersand Mix)
* Soma Rasa - One Hand High
* Squarepusher - Exciton
* The Pinker Tones - In Pea We Nuts
* The Roots - Here I Come
* The Shins - Australia
* TV On the Radio - Wolf Like Me
* Wagner - The Ride of the Valkyries
* Wolfmother - Dimension
* Zeke - Ride to Live
* Zuco103 - Garganteiro

Blimblim said:

Oh yeah I've heard something about that, apparently the Bizarre sound guys synched up lots of parts from the track, so going from one menu to another will also move you forwards/backwards through the song. Not a big feature, but sometimes its the attention to detail that is the most impressive thing.

adelante

Is it just me or are the reflections on the side view mirrors for the bikes not parallel to the horizon as you make a turn =p

adelante said:
Is it just me or are the reflections on the side view mirrors for the bikes not parallel to the horizon as you make a turn =p

You're right, but that's not all. If you pause it, you'll notice that the view in the left mirror is the the same image as the right, but flipped from left to right, which makes no sense.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
BlinkGT said:
PGR4 tracks list :
They have Ride of the Valkyries? Awesome, wish that they had William Tell Overture, though. I had that song on in Test Drive Unlimited all the time, and I would time jumps to the music. :D

Will look and sound great, no surprise. More importantly, looking forward to experiencing how the driving dynamics and scoring nuances have evolved for this latest PGR.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I'm putting the finishing touch on a 10 minutes video presentation with PGR4's audio lead. He's really enthusiastic about his work and it's very interesting. Some stuff about Prodigy, and the rest about the environmental sound design. Image quality is very bad since it was in a dark room, so it will be a SD video only.
Next one will be with the modeler of Macau, and it will be in HD :) He shows his city, but also Quebec (both in sunlight, yay) and Shangai (night with rain, great lighting).

Blimblim said:
I'm putting the finishing touch on a 10 minutes video presentation with PGR4's audio lead. He's really enthusiastic about his work and it's very interesting. Some stuff about Prodigy, and the rest about the environmental sound design. Image quality is very bad since it was in a dark room, so it will be a SD video only.
Next one will be with the modeler of Macau, and it will be in HD :) He shows his city, but also Quebec (both in sunlight, yay) and Shangai (night with rain, great lighting).

Can't wait :D

Blimblim said:
CAN'T WAIT!

Wasn't even really interested in another PGR, but damn this looks great. I really want the next Geometry Wars game too. Count me in! :)

acm2000

Blimblim said:

*dribbles*

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
evanswolves said:
I love the way Shadow is used in the menus :D So nice to see my fav band involed in ths game!
Have the band actually remixed the song for the different videos in the game, or have Bizarre been tinkering with it?
Actually, I want to know if that song is going to be available on iTunes. I want to download it. :D

derder

Anyone know how well this plays with the wheel? I'm especially curious as to how the motorcycles handle with it.

derder said:
Anyone know how well this plays with the wheel? I'm especially curious as to how the motorcycles handle with it.

The motorcycle isn't the easiest to control with the wheel. It felt a bit loose when I played it, but I didn't change any settings. I'm sure that had a lot to do with it.

Top Bottom