• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PixelJunk Monsters (PSN)

This is the second entry in the PixelJunk series after PixelJunk Racers from Dylan Cuthbert's Q-Games.

pjm01.jpg

pjm03.jpg

pjm04.jpg

pjm08.jpg

pjm07.jpg

pjm14.jpg

M3wThr33

Banned
Hopefully it's not as hard as Racers is.

Kinda makes it tough to unlock things quickly for a party.

*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•TCBlau

Enk

makes good threads.
fistfulofmetal said:
Haha, it's Tower Defense HD
That's the first thing I thought of when I saw the pics. I played the hell out of that a while back. Very addicitve stuff. If this is anything like that, consider this bought.

Enk

makes good threads.
purnoman3000 said:
These PSN games really need demos. Looks very interesting but without a trial, it's hard for me to lay down the cash.

Try the flashgame link in the post above. This will give you a general idea of what to expect. Be forewarned though, it could consume your day.

Stealth

Finally, the Tower defense joy I've had in Warcraft III for six years is being remade as a PSN game! This game will fail without co-op or online.

davepoobond said:
why are they named PixelJunk, anyway?

Apparently Cuthbert used it as a screen name on some Japanese gaming forum.

That dude is right, we need friggin demos of these games. We had one of that shitstorm about diseases or whatever, give us demos of everything.

Ferrio

Banned
Amazing how Warcaft 3 mods has spawned these things.

I've been playing a lot of Tower Defense mods on Bnet lately. Mafa still my favorite. Though gem TD is really awesome and requires a lot more thought.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
nofi said:
I bet you've been thinking that up for hours, eh?
It was probably a tough call between underlining JUNK or putting it in bold. I would have highlighted the text in red too, personally.

An isometric tower defense game? Cool.

Hope it's friendlier than Pixeljunk Racers. Whoever decided that the player should be forced to restart the entire grand prix after a loss should be shot out of the slingshot in Pain.

calder

Tower defense in HD? Sold.

I appreciated PJ Racers even if I didn't enjoy it enough to buy it, this looks much more interesting to me. And it's nice to see more interesting PSN games coming out that aren't 2 stick shooters.

Anyone else think one of the best things about these original PSN/XBLA games is the way you often first hear about them just a few weeks before they are released?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Speevy said:
Guys, they announced a game. This is TWO games in a row for the PSN.

Don't discourage them.
They had already announced this awhile back, along with Racers and a third game still to be released.

Hopefully there is a demo. The demo of PixelJunk Racers saved me from spending money on it. I was told it was like RC Pro-Am. I was lied to.

Cruzader

Banned
this game looks sick just like that flash game.

Also not sure if anyone read about this but a new PSN game titled "Flower" is coming out in 2008. Apparently, its a sequel to flOw so ppls might be interested.

Santiago described the project, which is the spiritual follow up to the popular PlayStation Network game flOw, as thatgamecompany's "first game outside the safety net of academia."

The full title is expected to be released on the PlayStation Network in 2008.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=16414

I cant post a new thread and im not sure if it has been posted but if someone could move this info to its right place in the forums, that would be great.

MoxManiac

If this really is Tower Defense in PSN game form, consider me interested. I'm a bit concerned how intuitive it will be without mouse control, though.

G-Bus

Banned
Awesome. Didn't care much for pixel junk racers but this definitely has my interest.

Does anyone know what the fuck is going on with the pre paid PSN cards?

Chris_C

They really ought to do this more often, in-depth previews of the PSN games going up the day before.

EDIT: OK, this looks really awesome. I hope there's a demo, but if it's under $9.99 I'll get it.

Shearie

This might be the first RTS game that I actually get into. I hope it won't be too intimidating for my feeble little mind.

Chris_C

Are we sure it comes out tomorrow.

At the bottom of the blog post:

PixelJunk Monsters will be available on PlayStation Network globally in January.

Of course, there's the word "globally" which means it might hit the US store (or Japanese store) tomorrow. Why does he keep going on about Japanese developers, audiences and development?

Chris_C

Shearie said:
Because he's a British guy who works for a Japanese company in Japan.

Gotcha, I thought Cuthbert and Q Games were set up in the UK. PixelJunk is also a distinctly British sounding name.

Top Bottom