• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PixelJunk Monsters (PSN)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Kinan said:
nope, no screenshots supports. Not that it really needed in this game, youtube upload feature is all you need. Maybe it will now upload in better quality, but I havent found any new options for that so far.

You sure the video upload feature was already in there? I recall it being in Eden but not in Monsters.

edit: nvm, fuck you wollan.

abrasion

Banned
Good morning all,

I really, really love this game, quite a bit.
Over the past 6 months I've emailed Dylan fom Q-Games several times and he responds each time, he's been very helpful and forthcoming with information (about encore or patches etc)

I've begged and pleaded with the man about adding online co-op and or a new island for the game.
Now since the guy I primarily play with is back in Melbourne for a while, I don't need online co-op so much but I would love new maps.
I'm not even that good at the game and we've rainbowed almost all of them now in co-op with only 5 or 6 remaining (PAKU PAKU, die!)
Furthermore the trophy challenge is for single player only :(

What can I, we, or anyone really do? I don't want to keep badgering him but I'm dying for more islands and I'm willing to pay.
Maybe I'm the only one.

abrasion

Banned
Ok I tried the map generator again, it's not the same as having unlocks on the map itself with the rainbows.

I enjoy actually seeing that achievement personally.
Also the trophies being for SP only was a huge shame

abrasion

Banned
From Dylans twitter:
"# the new music for the stage select screen for the new island in PSP Monsters is beauty in the form of sound9:14 PM Mar 19th from web "

That all but confirms PJM for the PSP.
ARGH :( I don't have a PSP, is there an emulator for it on the PS3? :)

Zoc

abrasion said:
From Dylans twitter:
"# the new music for the stage select screen for the new island in PSP Monsters is beauty in the form of sound9:14 PM Mar 19th from web "

That all but confirms PJM for the PSP.
ARGH :( I don't have a PSP, is there an emulator for it on the PS3? :)

It was already confirmed. We're just waiting for a date.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
levious said:
what ever happened to trophies in PSP games? Could this be the first?

VERY unlikely. That would be announced as a firmware related thing. Total PSN integration. Think remote play without remote play.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
levious said:
beyond what they have now then?

Well, what they have now is "insert your PSN ID data to access the PlayStation Store" and that's it. You don't show up online while playing. You don't have access to friends list. You can't send/read messages. Etc.

abrasion

Banned
Philanthropist said:
New island confirmed though, which anyone would expect as well. Too bad it won't make it to PS3 as DLC.

I know, don't own a PSP - don't intend to :(
Same with Chains of Olympus - I'll just have to miss out.

Gbeav

Banned
Could use a little help. I'm looking for the trophy icon next to any stage but I don't see any. Is there anything special I need to do like complete all stages before I they show up?

Thanks.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Gbeav said:
Could use a little help. I'm looking for the trophy icon next to any stage but I don't see any. Is there anything special I need to do like complete all stages before I they show up?

Thanks.

There are specific Trophy levels in a dedicated "Trophy Challenge mode". Don't recall the details, but check the menu. It's there.

abrasion

Banned
What do you mean trophy icon next to a stage?
You access the trophy stuff from the main page, it shows a bronze trophy if you did it or not and a rainbow if you perfect'd it.

I wish trophy mode was available in co-op.

abrasion

Banned
Has anyone clocked this game on hard with full rainbows?
I've done every single map on island #1, except one (and it's one of the mid-difficulty ones) - I'll then move on to island 2.

I don't know what to do, once I've clocked both islands in hardest with rainbows, that's kind of it I suppose. :/

Kinan

abrasion said:
Has anyone clocked this game on hard with full rainbows?
I've done every single map on island #1, except one (and it's one of the mid-difficulty ones) - I'll then move on to island 2.

I don't know what to do, once I've clocked both islands in hardest with rainbows, that's kind of it I suppose. :/

Bonus island can keep you occupied forever. I played through some crazy hard levels there, good challenge. I went alphabetically, but you can just choose some words as stage names for added fun .)

jax (old)

Banned
Heyo... finally got back into PJM (with encore) - and I struggled for a while before realising I was playing Encore to start. So back to PJM normal and it was aokay. still tough as nails though.

Question:

I seem to have lost my running ability - restarting from scratch of course. Do I need a rainbow to get the power?

:S

Not bad not bad at all. I am again really enjoying it.

DigiMish

Jax said:
I seem to have lost my running ability - restarting from scratch of course. Do I need a rainbow to get the power?

No, you need to clear a "special" stage for it. Forgot which one - I think it's the one with only spiders and you should just build all arrow towers.

jax (old)

Banned
DigiMish said:
No, you need to clear a "special" stage for it. Forgot which one - I think it's the one with only spiders and you should just build all arrow towers.

thanks. any advice for the little bugger with the green shield? They wiped me out during the phase 19 (right before the boss came).

fatty

I picked this game up a while back when PSN had the $5 sale and played it a bit but nothing real stood out.

After getting into Desktop Tower Defense 1.5 I decided to give this game another shot and I'm hooked. But boy is it tough. I still haven't beat Medium-1 and after about 3 hours of playtime I finally got a rainbow on Easy-3. I rarely ever care about getting a "perfect" when gaming but this is the exception.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
It's such an addicting game. I thought it was challenging and wouldn't beat a level unless it was with a perfect.

In all that time, I never once used the Tesla (electric ground) tower. It wasn't until the psp-version that I actually used it and realized how powerful it is. I feel stupid now. =/

IPoopStandingUp said:
In all that time, I never once used the Tesla (electric ground) tower. It wasn't until the psp-version that I actually used it and realized how powerful it is. I feel stupid now. =/

I rarely ever used it and I have beaten both PJM and Encore. But it's true that whenever you get stuck you must try a different strategy (different towers and/or different placement) rather than thinking you'll be fine doing the same thing until it works. I don't know if I would have done better with Teslas, but I did fine.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Philanthropist said:
I rarely ever used it and I have beaten both PJM and Encore. But it's true that whenever you get stuck you must try a different strategy (different towers and/or different placement) rather than thinking you'll be fine doing the same thing until it works. I don't know if I would have done better with Teslas, but I did fine.
Assuming it's the same in the PSP-version, an upgraded Tesla makes the game extremely easy.

<3 Flamethrower

hayguyz

Banned
On the world map, some stages are circled in white dots. Are these the levels that have a corresponding trophy challenge? or does it mean something else?

thcsquad

IPoopStandingUp said:
Assuming it's the same in the PSP-version, an upgraded Tesla makes the game extremely easy.

<3 Flamethrower

They're pretty good - I think they might have made them more powerful in Encore, along with other 'rebalancing' things. I remember before the Encore update, Fire was much more useful then Tesla. They might have beefed up Tesla in Encore so people would use something besides Fire.

Edgeward

hayguyz said:
On the world map, some stages are circled in white dots. Are these the levels that have a corresponding trophy challenge? or does it mean something else?

IIRC, it means there is a special situation associated with that stage, whether it be no coin drops or all enemies are of a single type.

fatty

So I picked up Pixeljunk Monsters Deluxe for the PSP and I'm replaying it again (I only had the original and not Encore on the PS3, are there any differences between the Encore and Deluxe?)

I just beat the Special 1 stage where I received the dash ability, but with the PSP version is your upgrade automatically applied? On the PS3, you had to press 'O' if you wanted to dash. Well, I'm trying to rainbow each stage before going on and I'm still stuck on Special-1 where there is only spiders. I tried incorporating some Tesla towers and then the Ice towers but a couple of spiders still snuck through. Next go will be a combination of the two along with mainly Cannon and Arrow towers. I get so close!! I love this game. I never care about 'perfecting' a stage on games but this game is the exception, I must have that rainbow!!

Stink

Yes, it auto-dashes. Makes sense really, who would ever want to just walk after receiving it.

I still play it every day, but mostly just my favourite maps.

klegnug

Neo Member
Corran Horn said:
Id kill for a new expansion pack :/

I agree - had a blast playing this local co-op more levels would be great or even a new game with some more towers etc, I would eat that right up.

Got Comet Crash but just isnt as fun co-op - I guess I should get PJ shooter.

DaFish

fatty said:
So I picked up Pixeljunk Monsters Deluxe for the PSP and I'm replaying it again (I only had the original and not Encore on the PS3, are there any differences between the Encore and Deluxe?)

I just beat the Special 1 stage where I received the dash ability, but with the PSP version is your upgrade automatically applied? On the PS3, you had to press 'O' if you wanted to dash. Well, I'm trying to rainbow each stage before going on and I'm still stuck on Special-1 where there is only spiders. I tried incorporating some Tesla towers and then the Ice towers but a couple of spiders still snuck through. Next go will be a combination of the two along with mainly Cannon and Arrow towers. I get so close!! I love this game. I never care about 'perfecting' a stage on games but this game is the exception, I must have that rainbow!!
Only use arrows for that level, and start building from the center of the stage where the hut is... also try and gold the arrow towers when you build them on the four trees directly above the hut.

Top Bottom