• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PixelJunk Monsters (PSN)

HiVision

I've seen that bug reported elsewhere, apparently you just need to make sure you kill the first boss that appears a little later after the 2nd boss also appears.

HiVision said:
I've seen that bug reported elsewhere, apparently you just need to make sure you kill the first boss that appears a little later after the 2nd boss also appears.

I reported that bug here awhile back (before the expansion). Total bummer when it happened. Don't know if it was just a fluke or if you have to use that order trick, but second time through that level, no problems.

Tntnnbltn

WasabiKing said:
Is there a massive bug in this game? Did a search on infinite health in this thread, and I didn't see it. When trying to get a rainbow for the stage where there's a row of all sorts of enemies, the last boss becomes invincible, and you can't seem to upgrade your towers, build more, or pull up the pause menu the instant your grab the mask of the sub-boss. Is this a new issue with the new patch?
Ugh, I had that glitch once. It was the first time I'd played that map too -- I just thought the boss was mega hard. The next time I had massive amounts of upgraded cannons and he died by the first corner. :lol

It appears to be specific to the Monster Mishmash map, and doesn't happen every time. It was in the original game.

ugh, well there's my third rainbow for encore. 3 rainbows, 7 clears. Oh, those vids are nice but a couple of them I couldn't even replicate; seems there were some lucky arrows.

The struggle for mines is going to be a long one, I see...

hmm...well, it happened twice in a row.... I might have to not collect that sub boss mask until the main boss gets past it, or something. :|

Anybody still trying to eke any fun out of encore? Still a fine game, but at this point I just wish I could download a save or something, for the final extra.

It's just not so fun when even the youtube videos are reproduceable only a third of the time or less. -_-

Edit: Ugh, why am I trying again? :lol So close to Special 2.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
Finished Encore a few days ago with 10 rainbows. Don't think I'm going to bother getting the rest since I've already unlocked Tum Tum. In terms of practical balance, the only difference I noticed was that the Hive was useful this time; I didn't need Tesla, Ice, Lightning, or Interest. I rarely used Mortar. I wish they would've put some more work into making all of the towers useful and making the game more dynamic.

There's a lot of good stuff here, but the ideas need more polish and more ambition. As much as I've enjoyed the game, I'm not interested in another entry without meaningful evolution.

Kweh

How come when I purchase a new tower and complete that Stage, then go to do it again I don't have that tower already unlocked?

Kweh said:
How come when I purchase a new tower and complete that Stage, then go to do it again I don't have that tower already unlocked?

Because the levels are self contained. If you went back in and already had those towers unlocked, you could spam all of your gems on upgrades.

Tntnnbltn

With the recent increase in PSN friends list size, I'd love add some PJM players to my list. It would be nice to compare high scores and give myself targets to beat. I've been meaning to get back into the single player campaign for a while, but have been lacking the motivation.

Anyone up for it? (PSN: Tntnnbltn)

Tntnnbltn said:
With the recent increase in PSN friends list size, I'd love add some PJM players to my list. It would be nice to compare high scores and give myself targets to beat. I've been meaning to get back into the single player campaign for a while, but have been lacking the motivation.

Sure. PSN: crazymoogle

Wolffen

Tntnnbltn said:

I currently have no friends on my PS3 list (probably because PJM is one of the only PS3 games I own), so having some scores to compare to would be awesome.

PSN: Wolffen

Kinan

We've recently rainbowed last encore level, hard 2 proved to be a bitch, but after readjusting few tower placements we were able to do it finally. :p PSN id:Kinan.

Spy

I'm sure it's probably been said before but they need to put a PixelJunk Monsters outfit in LittleBigPlanet or even better the PixelJunk protagonist himself as a playable character.

Kinan

wait, do I need to beat whole old island again for my old island score to register? I've just beat a tutorial level again, but score still didnt register. :( Or do I need to beat some specific level?

Tntnnbltn

Kinan said:
wait, do I need to beat whole old island again for my old island score to register? I've just beat a tutorial level again, but score still didnt register. :( Or do I need to beat some specific level?
I think you just have to get a new high score on any of the original levels. It registers a new overall high score for the island using your old high scores for each level.

(Tutorial doesn't count because it doesn't have high scores)

Kinan

Tntnnbltn said:
I think you just have to get a new high score on any of the original levels. It registers a new overall high score for the island using your old high scores for each level.

(Tutorial doesn't count because it doesn't have high scores)

Ah, I see. Well, wife is asleep already, so gotta do it tomorrow, dont think I can improve any of our scores just playing alone with two controllers. :p

besada

Banned
Tntnnbltn said:
Special 1: Run potion
Special 2: Remote mines
Special 3: Lightning tower

You just have to beat them, not rainbow them.

So, I unlocked remote mines at some point, but I can't ever seem to deploy them. Am I missing something?

The run potion is fantastic.

Tntnnbltn

besada said:
So, I unlocked remote mines at some point, but I can't ever seem to deploy them. Am I missing something?

The run potion is fantastic.
It costs 5 gems to drop a remote mine. To do so, you press square and a little red/brown mine will appear. To detonate it, you have to press square again.

The first time I used them was in a high pressure situation. I thought they would self detonate like a proximity mine. They don't. :p

besada

Banned
Tntnnbltn said:
It costs 5 gems to drop a remote mine. To do so, you press square and a little red/brown mine will appear. To detonate it, you have to press square again.

The first time I used them was in a high pressure situation. I thought they would self detonate like a proximity mine. They don't. :p

Ah, the gem cost. I never think about deploying them until the last minute, when I've spent everything. Thank you, sir.

Kinan

Hmm, finally managed to register the old island score, but the registered score somehow 6780 points short of the score I see on my screen when I looking at the map with islands. Is it because tutorial level or some level has not registered properly for me? how is it for you guys?

Tntnnbltn

Kinan said:
Hmm, finally managed to register the old island score, but the registered score somehow 6780 points short of the score I see on my screen when I looking at the map with islands. Is it because tutorial level or some level has not registered properly for me? how is it for you guys?
I've got no idea why the scores are out of whack like that. It happens with mine too.

sourpk

Neo Member

Sounds good to me! Add me!

PSN: zoopp

lupin23rd

For those adding PJM players to friends list, mine's lupin23rd.

Still going through Encore (I was in Japan for 3 months so missed it when it came out), having more trouble than I did with the first one for sure, although I'm trying to get 100% rainbows.

Any word on trophies for this game? Really hoping they do it BUT I am not keen at all on trying to re-rainbow some of those levels again since they won't likely be retroactive :lol

Maybe they should do a third installment called Pixeljunk Competition or something... heh

Kinan

Tntnnbltn said:
I've got no idea why the scores are out of whack like that. It happens with mine too.

I've got the answer on that from Dylan:

The score discrepancy is because we are displaying the total score achieved with offline plays too (this includes the tutorial stage which doesn’t have a ranking table so is always offline) – if you push triangle you can see the total online score achieved which is what you are ranked with.

lupin23rd said:
Any word on trophies for this game? Really hoping they do it BUT I am not keen at all on trying to re-rainbow some of those levels again since they won't likely be retroactive

And on that too: :)

We are definitely considering adding a patch for Monsters for trophies, they seem a lot of fun and our next title PixelJunk Eden has them implemented!

btkadams

AmericanNinja said:
done. man i want trophies for this game. PS you guys im doubting theyll have anything to do with rainbows since a lot of people have gotten all them. theyll prob be random things like "beat level 10 medium with only arrows" or something.

Encore is kicking my ass. I've been trying to rainbow a few stages for quite some time now, and no luck. Did YYZ ever do Encore vids? I need SOME help. Pond Racers is seriously getting under my skin, but I refuse to give up.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Delriach said:
I've posted some videos here before I think, or in another topic maybe... anyway, I've had PJM videos up for quite some time. I actually started doing them before other videos surfaced, just never thought to really post them here (I don't post here often). Anyway, my videos are all complete. People in the PS Underground forums really liked the way I setup my thread, so I thought I could just make a post similar to that one.

The video players are a large youtube video page that allows you to select all the videos for either the original game or the expansion. I like that one better but some people just want to select individual levels... so I give links to those too.

PixelJunk Monsters Rainbows Video Player

Easy:

1| 2| 3| 4|

Medium:

1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7|

Hard:

1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6|

Special:

1| 2| 3|

PixelJunk Monsters Encore Rainbows Video Player

Easy:

1| 2| 3| 4|

Medium:

1| 2| 3| 4|

Hard:

1| 2| 3|

Special:

1| 2| 3|

Final Stage

In the final stage,
I made a mistake by not placing the Lighting Tower early enough to make it actually do something. So basically at wave 17 I spent 13 gems for nothing. I will be reuploading that video so I can not make that mistake again. I still perfected the level but I had to utilize 2 emergency bombs.
This should still work for anyone trying it. I get a ridiculous amount of messages on the PSN and on youtube, so I tried to upload this level as fast as I could.

Just thought I'd say you're my hero. I've been stuck on a few Encore stages, and viewing your vids is certain to help me. Thank you soooo much.

motherfucking pixeljunk logo burn in on a plasma......

they could have patched this by now.. just remove the logo or make it move..

now i'm not playing it again. shame, great game. but not very kind to plasma tv's.

how the hell am i going to remove that logo?

h3ro

Always-honest said:
motherfucking pixeljunk logo burn in on a plasma......

they could have patched this by now.. just remove the logo or make it move..

now i'm not playing it again. shame, great game. but not very kind to plasma tv's.

how the hell am i going to remove that logo?

Even with the burn-in option in the menu checked off? I haven't seen and IR with both PJM or Eden...

Anyone not getting DD5.1 anymore with the recent patch?

My receiver is no longer getting the DD signal with any of the PJ games. It's not my settings as all my other games are working find and picking up the proper signals...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I don't get 5.1 in Eden. Although I thought that was normal since Eden's soundtrack was made for stereo in mind

ram

there is a new patch 2.05 63MB at least for the european version of the game out. anyone know what does it change?

Cruzader

Banned
This game is brilliant!! Me and my best friend always play this game for like 4 hours straight!(2 player co-op) Its so addicting. Even when we mess up trying to get a rainbow(perfect), we just retry it again and again without getting tiresome. Worth the 10 bucks and expansion too.

snap0212

Does anyone else have problems with the Remote Play of PJM? Everytime I try to start the game via my PSP, I get some kind of "please connect your controller" thing. Does anyone know what I can do? I'd really like to play this game on my PSP. :/

HiVision

Thrakier said:
Man, this game is constantly freezing on me since the trophys patch. Any ideas?

People on Sony's EU boards were complaining that it crashes if played in German. Is that the problem you are having?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Kinan said:
another patch for pjm is up in EU. 2.20. 63MB

Cant find anything about it so far.

check if there is a screenshot feature via XMB. game already supported custom soundtracks right?

Danielsan

I've finally started to really play Pixeljunk Monsters. I bought it straight away when I got a PS3 but I guess I just never put any time into it. Which is ridiculous because this game is amazing. Amazing and amazingly hard. :lol
I still have a lot to do in the original but I'm definitely getting the encore expansion when I'm done.

Kinan

TTP said:
check if there is a screenshot feature via XMB. game already supported custom soundtracks right?

nope, no screenshots supports. Not that it really needed in this game, youtube upload feature is all you need. Maybe it will now upload in better quality, but I havent found any new options for that so far.

Top Bottom