• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 scan: Dante Got something in the Box...

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
4119620080109_141444_0_big.jpg

mintylurb said:
Say herro to ma rittle box! Anyway, can't wait to play this game ;>

Now thats a big friend our hero got there. I like those razor blades at the bottom of page 2 like some1 said.

THhs is going to be an epic arcade game.

Darkpen

Banned
oo Kosma oo said:
Gatling Gun ok.

But wtf is that other thing? Some vehicle with guns?
the gun vehicle thing was first shown in the recent trailers (forget if its in "final" or the second TGS one), but this is the first time we've learned its name.

Zenith

Banned
Darkpen said:
the gun vehicle thing was first shown in the recent trailers (forget if its in "final" or the second TGS one), but this is the first time we've learned its name.

no it isn't, we've known about Pandora's Box for ages. the gunship is its final form. you have to fully charge the weapon before you can use it.

edit: for the hopelessly outdated:

IGN said:
Of course, the best was kept for last, which was Pandora's Box. At first, it appeared to be a simple briefcase that Dante carried, and when it was kicked open, it would stun monsters. However, there was more than met the eye, and as Kobayashi entered button combos, we were shown the full power of this awesome weapon. Pandora's Box literally transforms into numerous weapons that Dante can use to put some serious pain on demons. One form turned the box into a chaingun, while another created a bow that launched explosive darts. A third brought out a cannon, while a fourth created a gigantic laser. Dante was also able to throw the Box like a bladed boomerang to harm distant enemies, which set up the coup de grace: Pandora's Box can actually turn into a floating mobile missile platform, complete with cannons that fire in 360 degrees. When asked by a journalist how the game would balance such an awesome weapon, Kobayashi laughed and remarked that the weapon would have a gauge attached to it, and that you would have to power up the gauge to be able to achieve any of these forms with the weapon. Obviously, he said, the missile platform would be the most complex one to acquire because it was so powerful.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Man, holy shit! The thing has like 3-4 modes to use. O_O That weapon is insane.

Oh, and, all of the pictures and trailers featuring that statue leads me to believe that he ain't the final boss.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Dant sure love his big guns ( and have a lot of them already ) , poor Nero need more guns ,kobayashi should give his something , also is the Legendary Dark Knight confirmed for this game ?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
badcrumble said:
Can we get a translation of the stuff said about the gigantic goddamn statue?

isn't that Sparda ? i don't know about the scans but isn't that Sparda ? Nero's people worship Sparda and that mystry organization (Order of the Sword) want to resurrect him by using his sword - the Yamato ( he gave his sword to his son vergil ) , and from the trailer we saw the fat dude actually using the sword then this huge thing appeared after , so my guess it's Sparda ( also in DMC2 there is statue of Sparda look just like this Colossi )

Totobeni said:
isn't that Sparda ? i don't know about the scans but isn't that Sparda ? Nero's people worship Sparda and that mystry organization (Order of the Sword) want to resurrect him by using his sword - the Yamato ( he gave his sword to his son vergil ) , and from the trailer we saw the fat dude actually using the sword then this huge thing appeared after , so my guess it's Sparda ( also in DMC2 there is statue of Sparda look just like this Colossi )
The Rebellion and Yamato were his two gifts to Dante and Vergil, but the Force Edge/Sparda is his actual sword. I'm pretty sure the statue is Vergil or something, I'm just wondering what the text says.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
badcrumble said:
The Rebellion and Yamato were his two gifts to Dante and Vergil, but the Force Edge/Sparda is his actual sword. I'm pretty sure the statue is Vergil or something, I'm just wondering what the text says.

but Vergil is inside Nero's hand ( the yamato and blue devil with nero was Vergil's Devil Trigger/form i guess ? no ? , and we saw Nero walk on the street when they summoned this statue (with the blue devil thingy ) so if Vergil with nero he can't be the big action figure , also why they need to summon Vergil when they worship Sparda ? , well maybe the text can solve thais ,or the actual game .

jett said:
That colossus couldn't be more of a GOW2 ripoff even if they tried. Looks awesome though. :p

well Cory barlog himself in his blog said he inspired that from shadow of the colossus , so this is SOTC ripoff

: Has Shadow of the Colossus inspired you in any way?

Very much so. I mean the opening of God of War II was partially inspired by what I saw in Shadow. We knew we were not going to be able to do the full on climb on the Colossus thing, but the sense of scale, the whole David vs. Goliath thing they captured so well in Shadow, was something I wanted to achieve in the opening of the game. But I wanted to do it with our own sensibility, our own style.
http://corybarlog.blogspot.com/2007/08/god-of-colossus.html

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
The statues looks more like Sparda, than anything else.

UncleJaysus said:
Some new in-game review code shots here:

http://www.gamer.tm/gallery.php?id=228&bid=487

:lol @ the "sweet" picture, with dante looking at the pink things ass.

edit: And, I didn't know you got to fight dante, more than once. o_O Nice. Also, that ugly ice creature seems to be a normal enemy too. I thought it was a boss? Maybe you fight smaller versions of it, later on.

Whatever creature that is with the lightning, is probably badass.

and, the frozen shade creatures from SoTN look like they found their way here. lolz

Top Bottom