• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mt. Rushmore of Bad Ass Game Protagonists

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Who are your most bad ass mother fuckers going up on the mountain face?

For me:
Solid Snake

solidsnake.png

Leon S. Kennedy

LeonSknenedy.png

Dante

152-1524904_dmc2-dante-devil-may-cry-2-dante-outfit.png

Kratos

kratos__render__by_yessing_dfmag4u-fullview.png

The industry has lacked a giga bad ass protagonist from a new franchise in forever. We really don’t get them like we used to.

Honorable mentions to Doom Guy and Ryu Hyabusa. I’d put them in there over Kratos if they make him anymore of a sissy moving forward.

Last edited:

Madflavor

4 most badass video game characters? For me it’s:

Doomguy
Wolf(Sekiro)
Arthur Morgan
Classic Lara Croft

Honorable mentions for me are Solid Snake and John Marston.

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
Locke from Final Fantasy VI. Quit disrespecting my boy!!!! He needs a remake.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Kratos has been pussified. I think he’s one game away from his Coronation Street skit:

vacuuming freddie mercury GIF

No man with emo Justin Bieber hair can be a Chad. So that rules out Leon as well.

Mine would be Doom Guy & Chief as certs. Keep the helmets on and no gay talking.

Nate Drake. Go on and laugh but the man has a chiseled jaw, firm buttocks, fit blonde hoe and massacres hordes of enemies without even giving a fuck. How Sony produced this character, I’m not even sure.

4th is more up in the air.

CosmicComet

Kratos has been pussified. I think he’s one game away from his Coronation Street skit:

vacuuming freddie mercury GIF

No man with emo Justin Bieber hair can be a Chad. So that rules out Leon as well.

Mine would be Doom Guy & Chief as certs. Keep the helmets on and no gay talking.

Nate Drake. Go on and laugh but the man has a chiseled jaw, firm buttocks, fit blonde hoe and massacres hordes of enemies without even giving a fuck. How Sony produced this character, I’m not even sure.

4th is more up in the air.
Lmao Nathan Drake is an absolute bitch who lost to skinny 130 lb woman even when it was 2 on 1 with his older brother helping him.

In his final game ever. In the final boss fight of said game.

Imagine if Kratos was such a bitch that he needed help to fight Freya in his last ever boss fight, with Thor as his back up...and loses the damn fight even with Thor's help. And instead of being victorious, Freya just chides him and walks away after beating him and Thor at the same time.

Lol that's Nathan Drake. At least after the negative testosterone having Neil Druckmann got done directing the character.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Lmao Nathan Drake is an absolute bitch who lost to skinny 130 lb woman even when it was 2 on 1 with his older brother helping him.

In his final game ever. In the final boss fight of said game.

Imagine if Kratos was such a bitch that he needed help to fight Freya in his last ever boss fight, with Thor as his back up...and loses the damn fight even with Thor's help. And instead of being victorious, Freya just chides him and walks away after beating him and Thor at the same time.

Lol that's Nathan Drake. At least after the negative testosterone having Neil Druckmann got done directing the character.
Man Nadine was just Cuckmann’s wet dream injected in to my otherwise good game. That shouldn’t even count. Kratos hasn’t had just 1 or 2 scenes of being a moist little soyboy, he’s had an entire 50 hour game of it. Kratos can’t even win against the voices in his head, never mind against a character as strong and manly as Nadine.

Crayon

This is a very important question.

Snake has to be on there. That one's easy.

Maybe heihachi mishima. Is he the most recognizable mean old man? Rio is obviously the most recognizable fighting character. Actually maybe chun li... But they are not really what I call badass, at least as I understand, here

I think Master Chief is a pretty safe one to put up there. The games did a good job of making it feel like he was unstoppable.

Actually, maybe chun li is in a bad choice. She was the first girl character you could really beat someone else up with. That's got might count for some kind of badass.

Oh, f***. Akuma. I don't know if you'd want three fighting game characters up there. That's over-representation. I choose between akuma and Chun-Li

I my brain's not working very well right now. I can't think of anything else. But I'm glad we have our best minds on it.

CosmicComet

Man Nadine was just Cuckmann’s wet dream injected in to my otherwise good game. That shouldn’t even count. Kratos hasn’t had just 1 or 2 scenes of being a moist little soyboy, he’s had an entire 50 hour game of it. Kratos can’t even win against the voices in his head, never mind against a character as strong and manly as Nadine.
Lmao what.

Kratos didn't have a single embarrassing moment. Unlike Drake.

He's a tortured man in need of centuries of mental healing but remains bad ass when it counts.

Heck he just beat Tyr in the Valhalla dlc. The real Tyr, who the valkyrie queen Sigrun said had no equal, who was apparently so bad ass that Odin and Thor had to subdue him at the same time.

Of course he is going to be more introspective now because he is lugging his son around and he has to worry about him. Nothing new there, Kratos has always been a doting father afterall.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
1. Solid Snake

2. Duke Nukem

3. Lara Croft (classic version)

4. Samus Aran

Doomguy is a little too tryhard for me (the modern version at least, og is cool). Nate Drake is kinda annoying. Dante is more playful than badass and his power level is too high since nothing in those games outside Vergil and maybe Mundus seems to actually cause him any trouble. If you make a character too strong then they can’t be badass because there’s not enough adversity to showcase their feats. Master Chief is just a boring blank slate (which is fine, it was an intentional choice from the devs and works well in older Halo games).

Top Bottom