• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mt. Rushmore of Bad Ass Game Protagonists

Dante
devil may cry dante GIF

Geralt
witcher 3 empire GIF

Marcus Fenix
200.gif

Doom Slayer
nightmare begins GIF

Scotty W

It is not an accident that one or the few game characters not designed to be cool or kawaii, Mario, is essentially the embodiment of gaming.

poodaddy

Doomguy above absolutely anything else and this is by literally thousands of miles. I'm not saying he's my favorite, I'm saying he's the raddest and baddest and it's not up for discussion, all other protagonists wish they were half as sick.

Now for the rest.....

BJ from Wolfenstein
JC Denton
Adam Jensen
Master Chief
Joel from The Last of Us
Leon Kennedy

And Zero from Mega Man X! You fuckers know Zero is sick.... don't play.

Doomguy and Duke Nukem have already been mentioned in every other post, so I'll add...

Both War and Death (Darksiders)
Brick (Borderlands)
The other Kratos (Tales of Symphonia)
... and of course (although it almost feels like cheating) the entire crew from Broforce.

hyperbertha

Kratos has been pussified. I think he’s one game away from his Coronation Street skit:

vacuuming freddie mercury GIF

No man with emo Justin Bieber hair can be a Chad. So that rules out Leon as well.

Mine would be Doom Guy & Chief as certs. Keep the helmets on and no gay talking.

Nate Drake. Go on and laugh but the man has a chiseled jaw, firm buttocks, fit blonde hoe and massacres hordes of enemies without even giving a fuck. How Sony produced this character, I’m not even sure.

4th is more up in the air.
Nate is very beta. Even pussified kratos is superior.

hyperbertha

I'm assuming only male characters are allowed since mt rushmore.

Kratos
Snake
Master chief
Geralt

I don't think Duke Nukem, Doom guy, Sam fisher or Joel are important or gaming-defining enough to be on there.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I’m surprised more folks didn’t pick Travis Touchdown. He’s a pretty bad ass dude but he’s definitely not as iconic as some of the other mentions.

CashPrizes

Top 4 for me would be:
Alucard (Best 2d Platformer series)
Ryu (Street Fighter) (best fighting game series)
Gordon Freeman (Best 2 FPS games)
Frog from Chrono Trigger, fun to have a non-human in the mix, got to represent RPGs and CT is arguably the best. Also if you had Chrono it would be too many headbands, and he looks too much like a Goku.

I would not want to do Geralt as he originates from non-gaming media. Nathan Drake/Joel/Ellie just look too much like normal people. Commander Shepard can look like anyone. MGS Snake is so derivative of Snake Plisken that I would rule him out.

Top Bottom