• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TALES OF REBIRTH (PSP): New Scans

Matix

TALES OF REBIRTH (PSP): New Scans
http://gaforum.org/showpost.php?p=6527570&postcount=52

116143byGAF-1.jpg

116144byGAF.jpg

116145byGAF.jpg

116146byGAF.jpg

JaCy

I really wish more Tales games would be released outside of Japan. I would so buy this day one(and ToI).

Also did anyone notice the blonde chicks name is the same as the cheerleader from Heroes?

ToR IMO has by faaaar the best battle system in the series. Love it! I have it on PS2, but I think I fancy portable ToR.
JaCy said:
I really wish more Tales games would be released outside of Japan. I would so buy this day one(and ToI).
Sadly, I don't think this will be localised. There's a slight chance ToI might be localised, though.

JaCy said:
Also did anyone notice the blonde chicks name is the same as the cheerleader from Heroes?
Yep!

EDIT: I really like the new Inomata art.

Fady K

Damn you Namco! You havent released the PS2 version in English before at least release this!!! You could have done the same for Destiny 2! And the remake!

JaCy

Magicpaint said:
Sadly, I don't think this will be localised. There's a slight chance ToI might be localised, though.

Ya I know, I mean we haven't even gotten the ToDr!! And probably never will. :(

Anyway looking at the art and character designs for this game, I like it way better then any of the more recent ones. Does the guy/girl still do the art for the Tales of.. games?

reminder

I hope some publisher grabs this, translates it to english and brings it to europe. I don't even want a german translation, just release this game over here! :(

JaCy said:
Ya I know, I mean we haven't even gotten the ToDr!! And probably never will. :(
Well, I normally play Tales in Japanese first, anyway but yeah. :(

JaCy said:
Anyway looking at the art and character designs for this game, I like it way better then any of the more recent ones. Does the guy/girl still do the art for the Tales of.. games?
Yeah. It's Inomata, she's the same character designer for ToI, which just came out recently.

Sagitario

Magicpaint said:
EDIT: I really like the new Inomata art.

I'm digging it too... it's SO MUCH BETTER... I mean, the characters actually look good now [too bad the in-game art is the same]... still hate the furries though...

Any difference between this and the console version?

Firestorm

Magicpaint said:
ToR IMO has by faaaar the best battle system in the series. Love it! I have it on PS2, but I think I fancy portable ToR.

I thought Destiny Remake did?

I really want this game. Localize it. Ubisoft at least?

Jiggy

Like everyone else, I both totally want this and totally think it has next to no chance of being released in English. :(

Shouta

Firestorm said:

Remake does have the best battle system. Rebirth is probably the best if you haven't played Remake though although I think ToD2 has a far better system.

Sagitario

zoku88 said:
Firestorm said:

Maybe
In Europe...

Ubisfot only published/distributed Eternia/Radiant Mythology in Europe because they were already localized/translated to English...

I doubt they would spend money localizing a non-released-in-America Tales game [where are the PSP versions of ToP and ToD2?]... specially now that there's a Namco Bandai Europe branch...

Firestorm said:

Not to me, and I've played pretty much every tales. :p
I had issues with ToDr's battle system.

Too cheap. Too easy to combo, CC is a good idea, but linking every tech felt cheap IMO and you could easily spam and get your Blast Illusion Calibre guage filled up. The system is just too abusable for my liking. It's the oppposite of the issue I had with ToD2's which was too restrictive for liking.

ToR's is still by far the most polished and balanced LMBS IMO. 3 line system ftw!

Farore said:
I'm digging it too... it's SO MUCH BETTER... I mean, the characters actually look good now [too bad the in-game art is the same]... still hate the furries though...

Any difference between this and the console version?
I haven't heard of any major differences yet. I'd be fine with a 100% faithful port.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Why should I get excited about a game that has a 0% chance of getting released in the states?

They passed on the PS2 release, and they will definitely pass the PSP release.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Error said:
:eek: who's that?
Claire Bennet (Hayden Panettiere), from the TV series Heroes. Tales of Rebirth has a Claire Bennett, only a "t" of difference. :)

Hayden also was the voice of Kairi in Kingdom Hearts.

And she's hot.

Garcia

I Was so fucking excited before getting in this thread. Then I went from <3! to </3!!!!!!.

NAMCO ! WTF !

Tales of Rebirth along with Destiny 2 have the best battle system of all your Tales of games! Why do you keep torturing us?? Localize it :'( .

Thats certainly good looking artwork from Inomata. Still doesn't beat this though...

4790f67e592e4.png

Actually I don't know if its her, but it better be...Team Destiny next game needs good designs

Top Bottom