• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RE4 , MGS Mobile screens

king zell

RE4

080201_bio4_s1.jpg
080201_bio4_s2.jpg
080201_bio4_s4.jpg

MGS

mode_img01.jpg
intro_img02.jpg
intro_img01.jpg

ac_img01.jpg
ac_img03.jpg
ac_img02.jpg

mode_img03.jpg
opr_img03.jpg
opr_img01.jpg

Pharmacy

Banned
dr3upmushroom said:
Wow, is that the MGS game that they were talking about on the KPR? Can American phones run that?

i doubt it, japanese phones are ridiculously better than anything in the west

Prime crotch said:
Purple Snake and blue Ganados? uh
Gaf at it's finest.

Well I recall that in this week's Kojima Pro Report they were talking about this game and how it's Verizon exclusive and you could take pictures with your phone to make different camo.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
MrNyarlathotep said:
Huh?

The two biggest names in mobile phones are both European (Nokia and Sony-Ericsson).

The Japanese mobile phone network is way ahead of ours, they even switched off the old GSM network years ago. 3G only now. And they've always been way ahead of the game with things like iMode when Nokia were inflicting WAP on the rest of the world.

Basically the functionality of Japanese phones was always a step beyond what we saw on this side of the world.

gimmmick

Would it be considered trolling if someone were to say that looked better than most 3d games on the ds? That is pretty damn impressive for a cell phone title.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
i know about RE4 but Metal Gear ..?

:lol :lol

oh japan ..

and now it look like there is huge game for Mobile every freaking week , VF2 yesterday , FF IV-2 before that , Parasite Eve 3 last dec , KH..ect , damn even DS don't got that amount of love.

ok i know japane and SE , Capcom , Sega are Mobile's sluts now but this is stupid , is Mobile sales that huge for a big project like RE4 and MGS mobiles ? they both look like damn high budget PSP game ( i understand if the game is crap but this thing i don't understand ) .

Romeo said:
Could you post pictures of some of those cellphones? Or model names, so I can google them myself.

FOMA series

d904i_off.jpg

p904i_on.jpg

more
http://www.nttdocomo.com/features/index.html

SpokkX

what the.. why not convert these games to DS?

Bet my Sony Ericsson P1i can run then though.. but do not want to play on a mobile

Top of the line Jpn mobiles out now have the same CPU/GPU hardware as our ones but RE4 is being made for a new line of phones that aren't out yet IIRC so it might not run on our phones (Though the framerate was pretty shitty in that video I saw before, still amazing though!)

RE4 mobile looks like a PSP game, MGS Mobile could be done on the DS though.

Nuclear Muffin said:
Top of the line Jpn mobiles out now have the same CPU/GPU hardware as our ones but RE4 is being made for a new line of phones that aren't out yet IIRC so it might not run on our phones (Though the framerate was pretty shitty in that video I saw before, still amazing though!)

RE4 mobile looks like a PSP game, MGS Mobile could be done on the DS though.

Most of these major mobile games could be done on the DS, that's why it's pissing me off that they... well, aren't on the DS, or even the PSP. Fuck just don't put them on mobile phones. :(

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
solid2snake said:
http://www.ferra.ru/images/152/152305.jpg[/////IMG]

i don't think, that my crappy SE mobile will even show the menues of these games :lol[/QUOTE]

well at last CES , SE announced their fist Gaming mobile ( for NA/EU )

[IMG]http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2008/01/sony-keynote-img_0467.jpg

it's not for these funky japanese games tho , i guess Sony should make Playstation Phone fro mobile gaming in japan ( since japan is in love with mobiles games right now )

EctoPrime

Chris Michael said:
Most of these major mobile games could be done on the DS, that's why it's pissing me off that they... well, aren't on the DS, or even the PSP. Fuck just don't put them on mobile phones. :(

If japan has contracts for downloaded games like over here then $5 signup and $5 weekly fee to play the game makes them real money spinners, and I presume devs get kickbacks aswell.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Borys said:
Damn, that's really IMPRESSIVE 3D for a phone. Somewhat beyond DS 3D.

Those RE4 shots are beyond DS 3D by quite a lot IMHO (look at the character models, look at the textures, etc...).

Totobeni said:
well at last CES , SE announced their fist Gaming mobile ( for NA/EU )

sony-keynote-img_0467.jpg

it's not for these funky japanese games tho , i guess Sony should make Playstation Phone fro mobile gaming in japan ( since japan is in love with mobiles games right now )

nice, but i want full japan support!

Nash said:
The Japanese mobile phone network is way ahead of ours, they even switched off the old GSM network years ago. 3G only now. And they've always been way ahead of the game with things like iMode when Nokia were inflicting WAP on the rest of the world.

Basically the functionality of Japanese phones was always a step beyond what we saw on this side of the world.

Right, but that's an infrastructure comparison, not a handset comparison.

Saying Japan has way more advanced mobile phones than 'the west' because of infrastructure, is like saying Thailand has 'way more advanced computers' than the west due to broadband availability.

I reckon that the next PSP might just be a mobile phone after all, Playstation Phone (PSP)

Makes sense when you think about it (Digital Distribution, connection with PS3)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
so

Metal Gear Solid
Resident Evil 4
Final Fantasy Agito XIII
Final Fantasy IV the After
Parasite Eve 3
Kingdom Hearts Coded
Virtua Fighter 2
Rockman DASH 5

any other big japanese Mobile/Cellphones titles for 2008 ?

MidiSurf

Banned
Pharmacy said:

Is there any site where you can compare specs of European and Japanese mobile phones ? Cos' i really don't belive there is much of difference with Japanese and European mobile phones.

Oh and i didn't mention US phones because they are crap.
Nah just kidding, i'm actually starting to warm up for Iphone.

nofi

MidiSurf said:
Is there any site where you can compare specs of European and Japanese mobile phones ? Cos' i really don't belive there is much of difference with Japanese and European mobile phones.

European mobiles are up there (the N95 is a beast ;) ) and would easily run the two games in the OP. You only need to look at stuff like PGR, Tomb Raider etc to see that.

Jocchan said:

:lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What the hell?

MidiSurf

Banned
nofi said:
European mobiles are up there (the N95 is a beast ;) ) and would easily run the two games in the OP. You only need to look at stuff like PGR, Tomb Raider etc to see that.

N95 is indeed a beast.

Oh and also new ngage games are looking fucking amazing (mobile standards). Just watched Star Wars: The Force Unleashed trailer and i really don't see how Japanese phones are ridiculously better.

Trailer

MidiSurf

Banned
ram said:
so - mobile phone games dont look like crap now - but ey - does they still play like crap?

Probably plays like shit. Althought controls in force unleashed looked pretty fluent.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
cvxfreak said:
Capcom, please port RE4 to PSP. You can call it Resident Evil 4 Portable Edition. <3

They'll end up putting it on DS, or worse, Resi 5 Mobil....sorry Portable.

Don't get any fucking ideas from that Capcom *scowls*

RavenFox

Banned
dr3upmushroom said:
Gaf at it's finest.

Well I recall that in this week's Kojima Pro Report they were talking about this game and how it's Verizon exclusive and you could take pictures with your phone to make different camo.

1.noooo Im ATT
2.Holy Shit 0_0

gimmmick said:
Would it be considered trolling if someone were to say that looked better than most 3d games on the ds? That is pretty damn impressive for a cell phone title.
Nah the truth isnt trolling.

JaCy

Wow those look pretty good for cellphone games. They look like early PS1 games.

I'm impressed,especially with the MGS game.
Snake even has a nice ass on the cellphone game! :p

kinn

Man that looks amazing for mobile phones.

Just saw pics of VF2 and a video of Ridge Racer on mobile as well in another thread here. And now this!

My phone struggles and lags with its own menu screen!

Top Bottom