• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 4 images

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Kintaro said:
C. Viper will be the game's marquee fighter. Bet on it. Mainly because she does stand out so much.
I'm hoping that the Lucha will be the game's flashy, casual-gamer-friendly fighter (like Eddy Gordo/Lei Fei/Maxi). But C. Viper will probably get a lot of media exposure.

I find it amusing that some here are thinking that the developers have improved the models and / or the textures by quite a lot with these screenshots, even though this really isn't the case. The build from a few weeks ago hardly changed (as they've 'only' improved the colors, the lighting and some environmental details), BUT there's no denying that this is a noticeable step forward by itself.

Behold:

sfiv_comparison_i749.png

sfiv_comparison_ii582.png

sfiv_comparison_iii607.png

sfiv_comparison_iv341.png

Some have a slightly different camera angle though, but I think I can do more comparisons later on.

EDIT: comparison post #2 - comparison post #3 - comparison post #4

suzu

Nice. It definitely looks better now, though I still think Ken looks bad (that mullet will never look decent, lol).

camineet

Banned
It'll be interesting to see how SF4 continues to change between now and arcade-release, and then later, console release. It looks much better now, but as we all know games change significantly through out development (GAF just had a thread on that). Just think how great it'll look in motion when it's DONE :D

Dali

I kept saying I hoped they would fix some of the model issues (Ken's hair, Chun Li) when they started adding the extra graphical effects to "polish out the ugly". Well they've added some of the cool shading effects that I imagined I would see in a more complete build, but they haven't completely buffed out the ugly (change the models please!). Here's hoping this stuff will get fixed before the final build.

As it is now, I really hope these pics haven't been doctored too much because the shading effects are just fucking amazing. Some of the Abel screen shots remind me of the detail in the muscles and veins in the CVS2 art.

f054b5.jpg

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
alkaline black said:
Well, not quite like that :lol But yeah, that's the idea. I'm not looking for them to go overboard (See: SNK vs Capcom Chaos), but KingJ said it best: he looks like he got hit with a mallet.

I actually did tell Ono that I thought Guile's hair looked funky, so I'm sure its in his notes. Still, I don't expect him to change the character model because some jerk writer was nitpicking Guile's hair ;o

MAYBE I CARE TOO MUCH LAWL

I'm sure they tried different takes on it before settling on that one (pretty standard practice to try different looks) I'd personally would like to see him with a bit more hair myself but I think they went for the look he has now in order to make him look more subdued or "normal"

I am glad the game keeps looking better, a lot of the improvements seem to have been made on the technical side (shaders specially) Its funny how a 10% of extra polish can make something look so much better, proves that the base they had was the proper one

Perdew

Raging Spaniard said:
I'm sure they tried different takes on it before settling on that one (pretty standard practice to try different looks) I'd personally would like to see him with a bit more hair myself but I think they went for the look he has now in order to make him look more subdued or "normal"

I am glad the game keeps looking better, a lot of the improvements seem to have been made on the technical side (shaders specially) Its funny how a 10% of extra polish can make something look so much better, proves that the base they had was the proper one

Damn. I really hate to admit that you're right here. I guess those teaser trailers (Ken vs. Ryu) really were 'target trailers' in one form or another. I'm starting to really forgive them for not making this 2D and beautifully animated. Still, we'll have to see how it stacks up to KoFXII.

AND WILL CAPCOM VS SNK 3 BE 3D OR 2D?

(I kid, we all know the games starting with 'Capcom' will be 3D and 'SNK' will be 2D if they ever come back)

TwIsTeD

kudos to capcom for actually making (from what it seems) a worthy sequel to 3rd strike, gf might get pissed if i blow car money on an arcade cabinet :lol

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Sapiens said:
He's always had it.

Bunch of Street Fighter experts in this forum...[/sarcasm]
But they looked like rolls of fat. This looks like that time Mariah Carey painted a six pack on her stomach.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
SapientWolf said:
But they looked like rolls of fat. This looks like that time Mariah Carey painted a six pack on her stomach.

Thats up to interpretation really, in that image hes also pretty stretched so its normal that his muscles stretch accordingly. "So what" comes to mind

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
after seeing this about 5 times in the past page or two:

2q32hya.jpg

I wanna know where it's from =p sauce plz *cough* please.

hokahey

I dunno. Many of the facial expressions still look pretty cringe worthy, as do the body part proportions. Chun Li's hands = :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Zeenbor said:
What the fuck happened to this game? (in a good way)

Raging Spaniard

Seiken said:
What the fuck happened to this game? (in a good way)

They kept working on it, its not like the artists and graphics engineers just stop working after the first media is showed. Its no surprise that GAF rushed to conclusions though

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
MicVlaD, what're you trying to say?

5.jpg

Seiken said:
I'm saying that the developer still have their work cut out for them when it comes to their current character models. They don't look too good in 720p screenshots, which contain flaws that are easily hidden in smaller pictures.

That, and Capcom released too many of 'em. ;p Those 'frame by frame' shots with Abel should've been short movies instead.

lastendconductor

Put your snobby liquids into my mouth!
camineet said:
Hahahahaha @ the double tattoo on Guile :lol :lol :lol
Yeah I know it's because of the old 2d sprite had to flip, but damn, it looks retarded :lol I don't think anybody would've noticed if they removed one of them.

Top Bottom