• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Game of the Year Edition - April

Endless

Activision reveals new COD4 SKU

New release to feature Xbox Live token and updated packaging

Activision has announced Call of Duty 4: Game of the Year Edition, which will be released in April.

The new game will feature the full COD4 game, as well as a token for use on Xbox Live, which will allow gamers to download the upcoming map pack.

Call of Duty 4: Game of the Year edition will also feature new packaging, that will detail the various awards the game has won.

The map pack will be available to download in April, and will cost 800 Live points.
mcvuk.com

Call of Duty 4 Map Pack Hands-on
Direct-feed gameplay included. - IGN

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
after the Guitar Hero IP activision will milk anything outta cod4 like it seems...

Tru Talon

Banned
Almost everybody going to get it. I want to know if it dropping on PS3? Shit, I don't even have on that system fucks with the 3shitty anyways:D

Z_Y

Tru Talon said:
Almost everybody going to get it. I want to know if it dropping on PS3? Shit, I don't even have on that system fucks with the 3shitty anyways:D

2nrpzig.jpg

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Damn they could at least waited a few more months to add more content than just a few maps shit. How about some behind the scenes stuff and more gameplay modes.

Tomcat said:
800p for 4 maps?
Too much...

True, but they have undercut their main rival for Xbox Live dollars by one. whole. map.

Pretty early for a GOTY edition isn't it? Surely this should be bundled up for the Summer time lull with a minor price cut?

chapel

Banned
I wonder if there is going to be a double standard this time around about this map pack when compared to the Halo 3 map pack.

They are the same cost, though the cod4 pack has 1 more map (though you could argue it was thrown in heh). How will the cod4 map pack be worth buying that the halo 3 map pack wont be? Maybe because the cod4 map pack will never be free?

Did you guys notice that the map pack will most likely not ever become free, why I think this is because they are giving a voucher for it in the GOTY edition they are releasing at the same time.

I have nothing against cod4, I love it, it is more fun than halo 3 most of the time. I just think people have a double standard of hate when it comes to things related to halo 3.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
They've done this exact same thing with every Call of Duty. Anyone that's surprised hasn't been paying attention.

cw_sasuke said:
after the Guitar Hero IP activision will milk anything outta cod4 like it seems...

They've done this with all the COD games. If the game doesn't get any game of the year awards, they just call it Gold Edition instead of Game of the Year Edition.

Dabanton

Tru Talon said:

Before you posted this bilge, did you even read over the sentence?

h3ro said:
$10 is the standard for maps now??? shit... :(

GRAW 2 released a free pack, a $10 pack and a $5 pack so there doesn't seem to be a standard. $10 is on the higher end but they know it will sell.

I'm sure I'll buy the maps but I bought $80 worth of MS points for $40 a while ago during a sale at Circuit City and I still haven't used most of them. I also love COD4 and I have no problem spending a little more for a game that has brought me so much enjoyment.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Tru Talon said:

I find your ideas intriguing and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

acm2000

Tru Talon said:

see, this is what happens if the sony ninjas get to you

manzo

Tru Talon said:

Where the fuck do these come from? Did someone forget to flush?

Top Bottom