• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu thread of Persona 4 raditude

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
duckroll said:
Don't stay up for the trailer, whenever someone gets it it'll definitely be hosted. Don't worry about it.

More P4 details:

- Takes place in the countryside, a more nostalgic environment
- The theme is murder mystery/suspense, it's a mystery thriller with twists and turns
- Multiple endings
- 1.5x the size of P3
- 60-70 hours

- There is a weather forecast system, and whenever there is a fog, a murder occurs
:O

duckroll said:
But it's still turn based. It's only realtime within each turn, just like all the other VP games. I imagine it'll be more like VP2's battle system, I doubt it's really seamless. It really doesn't look that way to me.
Oh, S-E really needs to get a trailer of it out... I wanna see it in motion. I doubt we'll see one soon though, will we? :\

Vorador

Banned
FateBreaker said:
Awesome.
Awesome.
Ew.
Awesome.
Awesome.
Awesome.

So far so good.

Why "Ew"? The other Megaten games had multiple endings unlike P3, and it actually gives you a good reason for multiple playtroughs trough the game.

duckroll

Vorador said:
Why "Ew"? The other Megaten games had multiple endings unlike P3, and it actually gives you a good reason for multiple playtroughs trough the game.

P3 has 2 possible endings, the director said that P4 will have more.

zurra

dunno if FateBreaker's in the same position, but multiple endings is definitely "ew" for me because for a long RPG i'd rather have one awesome, complete story instead of possibly having to play it multiple times, which isn't really an option with the backlog that just keeps getting bigger. then again, if the multiple endings aren't drastically different and the overall narrative is pretty much the same, i'm down with that.

persona 3 handled it really well, which totally contradicts what i just said, but i mean more along the lines of chrono cross-type multiple endings.

Aeana

ItsInMyVeins said:
So, uh, any pics?

I'm a bit dissapointed it's not for the current gen, though.

Yes, but it's against the rules to post them.
Perhaps Famitsu.com will have direct-feed shots up in a few days.

Vorador

Banned
duckroll said:
P3 has 2 possible endings, the director said that P4 will have more.

Didn't know that, i only got one o_O well, more reason to make another playtrough when i get FES :D

PD: You're not counting
the bad ending when you decide to kill HIM, i suppose?

zurra said:
dunno if FateBreaker's in the same position, but multiple endings is definitely "ew" for me because for a long RPG i'd rather have one awesome, complete story instead of possibly having to play it multiple times, which isn't really an option with the backlog that just keeps getting bigger. then again, if the multiple endings aren't drastically different and the overall narrative is pretty much the same, i'm down with that.

spot-on, sir.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Aeana said:
Yes, but it's against the rules to post them.
Perhaps Famitsu.com will have direct-feed shots up in a few days.

You can't even link to some page where they are? :(

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
soul said:
someone posted some scans of the p4 trailer, I am guessing it will be uploaded soon enough.
Japan scanning DVDs and TVs now. Film at 11.

soul

evolution said:
Anyone have details on the airplane game for the wii?

Being developed by Ace Combat's team, being released in August 2008.

also, some mgs4 prices:

Normal version 8,800 yen
Special edition 9,800 yen
Premium pack 51,800 yen

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Hey, so P3 was a city and the soundtrack was hip-hopish.
P4 is the country side so... country music? :D

Vorador

Banned
RevenantKioku said:
Hey, so P3 was a city and the soundtrack was hip-hopish.
P4 is the country side so... country music? :D

It's a nostalgic environment so classic japanese music with a twist of suspense

:p :lol

king zell

Minna Atsumare! Quiz Party (NDS, Ertain): 5 / 6 / 6 / 5 - (22/40)
Sakana to Asobou! Aquazone DS - Kaisuigyo (NDS, GungHo): 6 / 6 / 6 / 6 - (24/40)
Lyra no Bouken: Ougon no Rashinban (NDS, Sega): 6 / 6 / 6 / 6 - (24/40)
Katekyoo Hitman Reborn! Bongole Shiki Taisen Battle Sugoroku (NDS, Takara Tomy): 5 / 5 / 4 / 5 - (19/40)
Simple DS Series Vol. 35: The Genshijin DS (NDS, D3): 7 / 7 / 7 / 7 - (28/40)
Kidou Senshi Gundam 00 (NDS, Bandai Namco): 7 / 8 / 7 / 8 - (30/40)
Lux-Pain (NDS, Marvelous): 7 / 8 / 7 / 7 - (29/40)
Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (PSP, Capcom): 9 / 9 / 9 / 9 - (36/40)
Tomb Raider: Anniversary (PSP, Spike): 9 / 8 / 8 / 7 - (32/40)
Dead Head Fred (PSP, D3): 7 / 8 / 7 / 7 - (29/40)
Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch - Lost Colors (PSP, Bandai Namco): 7 / 7 / 6 / 6 - (26/40)
Ninja Reflex (Wii, EA): 4 / 6 / 5 / 7 - (22/40)
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Wii/PS3, Activision): 8 / 8 / 8 / 7 - (31/40)
Nitrobike (Wii, Ubisoft): 4 / 5 / 5 / 4 - (18/40)
Lyra no Bouken: Ougon no Rashinban (Wii, Sega): 6 / 7 / 6 / 6 / - (25/40)
Tomb Raider: Anniversary (Wii/Xbox 360/PS2, Spike): 7 / 8 / 8 / 8 - (31/40)
Elminage: Yami no Fujo to Kamigami no Yubiwa (PS2, Starfish): 6 / 7 / 6 / 7 - (26/40)
Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch - Lost Colors (PS2, Bandai Namco): 7 / 6 / 6 / 6 - (25/40)

lol Gundam for the 360 looks really bad

u_neek

duckroll said:
Persona 4 (PS2)
- The theme is murder mystery/suspense, it's a mystery thriller with twists and turns
- There is a weather forecast system, and whenever there is a fog, a murder occurs
Nice, P4 just took the top spot on my most wanted list! This will be a nice change from the urban environment of P3!

RevenantKioku

Vorador said:
It's a nostalgic environment so classic japanese music with a twist of suspense

:p :lol
Do I hear Parappa The Rappa like enka karaoke? :O

Mugen

Banned
duckroll said:
Don't stay up for the trailer, whenever someone gets it it'll definitely be hosted. Don't worry about it.

More P4 details:

- Multiple endings
- 1.5x the size of P3
- 60-70 hours

What about the battle system? Is it gonna be craptastic ai controlled party members?

itsinmyveins

So, I'm waiting for a trailer here. Come on now guys.

By the way, it says 60-70 hours. How long was P3? I'm maybe 20-30 hours into it so far, so I haven't finished yet.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
ItsInMyVeins said:
So, I'm waiting for a trailer here. Come on now guys.

By the way, it says 60-70 hours. How long was P3? I'm maybe 20-30 hours into it so far, so I haven't finished yet.
their time estimate for P3 was 50 hours and it took me over 100 to finish it. so with P4 they said 60-70 hours which translates to... 140 hours!?

itsinmyveins

Error said:
their time estimate for P3 was 50 hours and it took me over 100 to finish it. so with P4 they said 60-70 hours which translates to... 140 hours!?

Yeah, but how much did you do in the game then? Like maxed out everything and all that stuff? I usually play through games at a pretty normal, somtimes slightly slower, pace.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
ItsInMyVeins said:
Yeah, but how much did you do in the game then? Like maxed out everything and all that stuff? I usually play through games at a pretty normal, somtimes slightly slower, pace.
I played it normally so I didnt max out everything. I did all of elizabeth's quests tho.

Vorador

Banned
Error said:

That's true, it took 80-90 hours to finish the game for me. And i didn't searched for the ultimate weapons in
Monad
so it will be a fucking loooong game.

kiryogi

Banned
On the Seiyuu side of things... We have Yui Horie, Showtaro Morikubo, Maeda Ai, Paku Romi, Oohara Sayaka, Kugimiya Rie, Kanda Akemi, Koshimizu Ami for P4. <3

eXistor

duckroll said:
Persona 4 (PS2)

-- Takes place in the countryside, a more nostalgic environment

This I like. A lot.

Durante

I'll probably get lynched for this, but these days I'd actually prefer around 0.8 times the size of P3. Everything else sounds great though.

Top Bottom