• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu thread of Persona 4 raditude

Famitsu scores (from Gamefront)

Minna Atsumare! Quiz Party (NDS, Ertain): 5 / 6 / 6 / 5 - (22/40)
Sakana to Asobou! Aquazone DS - Kaisuigyo (NDS, GungHo): 6 / 6 / 6 / 6 - (24/40)
Lyra no Bouken: Ougon no Rashinban (NDS, Sega): 6 / 6 / 6 / 6 - (24/40)
Katekyoo Hitman Reborn! Bongole Shiki Taisen Battle Sugoroku (NDS, Takara Tomy): 5 / 5 / 4 / 5 - (19/40)
Simple DS Series Vol. 35: The Genshijin DS (NDS, D3): 7 / 7 / 7 / 7 - (28/40)
Kidou Senshi Gundam 00 (NDS, Bandai Namco): 7 / 8 / 7 / 8 - (30/40)
Lux-Pain (NDS, Marvelous): 7 / 8 / 7 / 7 - (29/40)
Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (PSP, Capcom): 9 / 9 / 9 / 9 - (36/40)
Tomb Raider: Anniversary (PSP, Spike): 9 / 8 / 8 / 7 - (32/40)
Dead Head Fred (PSP, D3): 7 / 8 / 7 / 7 - (29/40)
Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch - Lost Colors (PSP, Bandai Namco): 7 / 7 / 6 / 6 - (26/40)
Ninja Reflex (Wii, EA): 4 / 6 / 5 / 7 - (22/40)
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Wii/PS3, Activision): 8 / 8 / 8 / 7 - (31/40)
Nitrobike (Wii, Ubisoft): 4 / 5 / 5 / 4 - (18/40)
Lyra no Bouken: Ougon no Rashinban (Wii, Sega): 6 / 7 / 6 / 6 / - (25/40)
Tomb Raider: Anniversary (Wii/Xbox 360/PS2, Spike): 7 / 8 / 8 / 8 - (31/40)
Elminage: Yami no Fujo to Kamigami no Yubiwa (PS2, Starfish): 6 / 7 / 6 / 7 - (26/40)
Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch - Lost Colors (PS2, Bandai Namco): 7 / 6 / 6 / 6 - (25/40)

P4 woosh..../hugs PS2

Really stunned by MGS4 prices, 8800Y for the normal edition!, the other MGS were 6800Y! If it wasn't difficult enough to sell it on PS3, with that pricing...

Mana Khemia PSP notsureifwant.jpg, Gundam 360 donotwant.jpg....

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Really stunned by MGS4 prices, 8800Y for the normal edition!, the other MGS were 6800Y! If it wasn't difficult enough to sell it on PS3, with that pricing...

I`m also suprised the price seems really kinda high - i mean it`s not a main dragon quest game for the wii or ps3 we`re talkin about...

batbeg

I agree Duckroll is crazy, the VPDS scans look very nice. I'm also happy to see the normal battle system is in place, and the isometric view is pretty interesting which will help replicate the battle system from Silmeria, so it's probably for the best.

Awesome.

Vorador

Banned
I've seen the scans of Gundam: Operation Troy. :-/

The graphic quality seems to equal the level of Gundam: Target in Sight, so bad. Also i don't think the concept of a foot soldier in the Gundam UC Universe will work well. So donotwant.jpg

where is kaneko hiding? damn

i hope hes in for the monster designs. dont forget to add a bigger bunch this time! new game sounds a bit like Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army so far. murder? suspense? thats just my cup of tea.

cant wait for the trailer.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
kiryogi said:
On the Seiyuu side of things... We have Yui Horie, Showtaro Morikubo, Maeda Ai, Paku Romi, Oohara Sayaka, Kugimiya Rie, Kanda Akemi, Koshimizu Ami for P4. <3

Oh shit, Tsundere character confirmed? :lol

batbeg

Persona 4 looks cool, though I haven't played P3. It looks a lot brighter than I was expecting it to.

And The Sky Crawlers looks pretty good, I think.

FnordChan

Good lord, one of the new Personas looks like a cross between Mickey Mouse and Mazinger Z.

I'm still totally stoked for P4, mind you. Atlus USA, you know your sacred duty.

FnordChan

ethelred

Persona 4 looks and sounds fantastic. I'm so excited for this.

Aside from the small sprites, I think Valkyrie Profile looks very nice too. The most important thing is that we're seeing confirmation of the Valkyrie Profile battle system being in place. If it uses Valkyrie Profile 2's movement, that's fine too.

soul

ethelred said:
Persona 4 looks and sounds fantastic. I'm so excited for this.

Aside from the small sprites, I think Valkyrie Profile looks very nice too. The most important thing is that we're seeing confirmation of the Valkyrie Profile battle system being in place. If it uses Valkyrie Profile 2's movement, that's fine too.

sounds? have you seen the trailer?

Teasel

duckroll said:
Persona 4 (PS2)

- Trailer on DVD
- July 10th release
- 85% Complete
- Looks like Persona 3 but better
- 180+ Personas
- Hashino is directing, Soejima is art director and character designer, Meguro is composing

- Takes place in the countryside, a more nostalgic environment
- The theme is murder mystery/suspense, it's a mystery thriller with twists and turns
- Multiple endings
- 1.5x the size of P3
- 60-70 hours
- There is a weather forecast system, and whenever there is a fog, a murder occurs

Valkyrie Profile - The Accused One (DS)

- There are clean scans
- Looks kinda meh
- There are pics of the battle system too, looks VP-ish but isometric
- Famitsu says "Action RPG"
- 50% Complete
are you sure it's the fog?
signora_giallo320x250_273.jpg

anyway as long they remove the one more system it should be a cool game

keanerie

P4...

Are S-Links still integral? Weren't mentioned in any of the info so far. Maybe there's nobody in the countryside to socialize with!

Aeana

Teasel said:
well as long as they change it so that you can't kill every friggin enemy before they even take a turn it's cool :/

Why would they do that? The major advantage of press turn/1 more is getting an advantage if you fight wisely. Remove that and there's nothing special about it.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Aeana said:
Why would they do that? The major advantage of press turn/1 more is getting an advantage if you fight wisely. Remove that and there's nothing special about it.
because he thinks the whole system is broken.

a system that rewards playing wisely=broken.

birdchili

persona 4 sounds pretty nifty so far. 85% complete means a NA release this year?

they really didn't need to make it *bigger* than p3 to impress me though... (i'll take more *content* - but p3 had plenty of game length - sheesh).

DiddyBop

hopefully they release it here early 2009. P$ and valkyrie profile look awesome. p4 seems to have the same gameplay system as p3 but with a new setting and new characters which is absolutely fine by me.

birdchili

Teasel said:
well as long as they change it so that you can't kill every friggin enemy before they even take a turn it's cool :/
you shouldn't have been able to do this *every time* - i agree (the fact that this wasn't possible in monad is what made it really fun there for the first few levels). having to decide who to leave alive every now and then would have made status ailments more useful and would have generally added a bit to the weight of decisions during fights.

sld

Wow...I didn't even get to play P3 yet, but I think I will just go straight to P4

Don't. P3 (and the soon-to-be released FES disc) is a great game and deserves your time. I guess we NA players will have to wait quite a bit before it's released over here anyway, so... :D

Vorador

Banned
birdchili said:
persona 4 sounds pretty nifty so far. 85% complete means a NA release this year?

Dreaming is cheap :lol ...:(

More like early 2009 in NA

Troidal said:
Wow...I didn't even get to play P3 yet, but I think I will just go straight to P4 :D

Get P3 FES and support the NA release. You would be contributing to getting P4 in NA at the long run :D

duckroll said:
Persona 4 (PS2)

- Hashino is directing, Soejima is art director and character designer, Meguro is composing

- There is a weather forecast system, and whenever there is a fog, a murder occurs

Hot damn! This is why I love Atlus games! I like the design of the characters in the game.
Also the change to college life makes so much sense. I mean the whole highschool is ok but come on...

What I like:
- 1.5 times the size of Persona 3
- Murder mystery theme
- Weather system sounds cool

What I'm not feeling so far:
- Countryside setting. I loved the city settings in Persona 3 but we'll see how this turns out. Most likely it'll still rock
- Sounds like the Social Link system isn't returning
- No Kaneko character designs but it seems like his style might not fit again.

Top Bottom