• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu thread of Persona 4 raditude

Yaweee

KibblesBits said:
I totally don't agree there.

I'm actually quite sick of the same 10 VAs getting work.
RETIRE GDI!

I agree. There are a ton of potential voice actors out there, but instead they pick from the same 'anime' crowd over and over and over. I mean, they're in freaking LA: unemployed actors are a dime a dozen.

Blackjack

Yaweee said:
I agree. There are a ton of potential voice actors out there, but instead they pick from the same 'anime' crowd over and over and over. I mean, they're in freaking LA: unemployed actors are a dime a dozen.
Again, I state: The vast majority are unemployed for a reason.

yeah, they don't whore themselves out.

j/k

NO I'm fucking not.

I'd post my list but I already did on another gaming website and people's heads exploded and then they went to posting... the same ten voice actors with an occasional new name.

Same names or not, most of these actors have incredible vocal range, are seasoned pros when it comes to dub recording and they could really use the paycheck from the game industry given that anime on the West Coast has tanked due to the ongoing industry crash brought on by digisubs, greedy Japanese licensors and fiscal mismanagement.

It's not like they're going to hone their craft working on Naruto. :lol

Magnusson

Neo Member
KibblesBits said:
So, anyway... enough about Atlus' crappy VA choices.
But DDS actually had pretty decent VA's. Even then, I heard that they outsource the choice of VA to the recording company. So that would explain why they tend to get the same voice actors.

Magnusson said:
But DDS actually had pretty decent VA's. Even then, I heard that they outsource the choice of VA to the recording company. So that would explain why they tend to get the same voice actors.

Yeah, DDS was ok from what I heard.

Let's not make this into a VA debate thread though. :/

Yaweee

1up did an article on Famitsu's reviews of P4, GoW:CoO and Kane and Lynch. Here's what they said about P4...

Everybody likes the Persona series -- especially in Japan, where fans are legion and (apparently) crime-fighting mystical teenagers solving otherworldly murders are commonplace. Persona 4, the latest in Atlus' hardcore, horror-inspired RPG series, hits Japan on July 10, and Weekly Famitsu magazine published the first review this week, giving the PS2 title a very respectable 33 points out of 40 and a Gold reward. "The controls and battles both work quickly, and you can direct your party members around now, which makes play that much easier," one review commented. "The dungeons are laid out pretty simply, but they still have enough to keep you engaged." Another continued: "There isn't much new from the last game, but that strange addictiveness that doesn't let you go is still there. The cutscenes are more ornate, it's easier to move around, and generally a lot of details have been improved upon. The battles themselves are a little difficult and some leveling is a must, but the tempo is quick so it doesn't get to be a pain."

So, pretty much what everyone expected. Like P3, with a bunch of improvements and more polish.

Wilsongt

I can live with that. I wonder if things will be as dark and gritty as they were in P3, though. That was one of the appeals for me. From the look of it and the... yellowness... of it, it seems like it will be a bit more light-hearted...

Yaweee

Wilsongt said:
I can live with that. I wonder if things will be as dark and gritty as they were in P3, though. That was one of the appeals for me. From the look of it and the... yellowness... of it, it seems like it will be a bit more light-hearted...

It is about a bizarre string of murders. If anything, it seems like it is more violent than P3.

I also wouldn't call P3 particularly dark or gritty. 75% of the game is spent running around a bright and sunny city listening to J-pop.

I just want the game out this year, oh and I would love to see the jerk option to be a viable one in gameplay.

2vxmy53.gif

Yaweee

Prime crotch said:
I just want the game out this year, oh and I would love to see the jerk option to be a viable one in gameplay.

The 'correct' answer with Kenji is frequently to mock him.

"Laugh at him"

"Take his Egg"

Magnusson

Neo Member
The first one was drawn by my friend Janine Harper, and the 2nd is actually my own creation. We're total SMT geeks.

p3doodle02.gif

I want to make some P4 ones, but I probably won't have much material to work with until some info comes out during the Japanese release.

Yaweee

The official webpage updated for what might be the last time before the official release. Not much of note: The Music section still isn't opened, and the only video of note is Velvet Room video, actually of "The First S. Link." A few things of note...

- While all previous videos have shown a short 'level up' animation, when an S. Link is created it uses the same dim screen, centered tarot card, and ominous music, though the animation (and positioning of the text) seem to have been done with much more care.

Top Bottom