• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu thread of Persona 4 raditude

Blackjack

KibblesBits said:
I have the trailer, can anyone post the time he shows up at? I've just never noticed this character and I'm intrigued now.
In the big 17 minute one, you can see him at ~16:43, when they're all standing around during some festival (the girls are all in kimonos). I can't remember what other videos he showed up in, though. Sorry.

Yaweee

Blackjack said:
In the big 17 minute one, you can see him at ~16:43, when they're all standing around during some festival (the girls are all in kimonos). I can't remember what other videos he showed up in, though. Sorry.

He's in the Rush video as well, when all of the characters are eating Watermelon together.

His frame and hair look similar to Yousuke's, and their near each other in both of their scenes. However, does his blond hair discount him from being Yousuke's brother?

duckroll

Away is going to be in EGM? Unexpected, but interesting. Maybe we'll get a worldwide release date, since its existence in Japan seems to have virtually disappeared lately.

Yaweee

Atlus sent out another newsletter today. While it doesn't hint at anything specific, at the end it says...

"Oh, click here. July 5th, 2008. 6:30PM."

... with the click here leading to the LA Convention Center on Google Maps.

Looking up that locations schedule, I find...

Society for the Promotion of Japanese Animation - Anime Expo 2008 7/3/2008 - 7/6/2

With Atlus foregoing E3 this year, that could be a good location for a P4 announcement. Or they're just talking about localizations in general, but that wouldn't be very fun to speculate about.

-------------

The P4 website today was a bit bland. I really like the music in the murder video, but the other two don't really show anything cool.

demifiend

I'll be at Anime Expo this year. If anything special shows up, I'll try and post it.
This game looks hot though. I really dig the character in the rush trailer who appears to use a folding metal chair as a weapon.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but if you go to the P4 website at midnight (which is now where I am) and click on the tv that's on the homepage it'll show you a little video. Tonight it's Rise in a bikini getting splashed.

It's different for me tonight. I saw that one three days ago. Last night was some dungeon music with no picture. Tonight I see someone being introduced to a group of people.

Tamanon

Banned
Yaweee said:
Atlus sent out another newsletter today. While it doesn't hint at anything specific, at the end it says...

"Oh, click here. July 5th, 2008. 6:30PM."

... with the click here leading to the LA Convention Center on Google Maps.

Looking up that locations schedule, I find...

Society for the Promotion of Japanese Animation - Anime Expo 2008 7/3/2008 - 7/6/2

With Atlus foregoing E3 this year, that could be a good location for a P4 announcement. Or they're just talking about localizations in general, but that wouldn't be very fun to speculate about.

-------------

The P4 website today was a bit bland. I really like the music in the murder video, but the other two don't really show anything cool.

Could also be Atlus announcing localization of the Persona anime.

AtomskEater said:
Huh, weird. No matter how many times I check, I still get Rise. Maybe I have to watch in order?

It's possible. But that would mean you're three days behind. I wonder... is anyone ahead of me? I just checked again and the MC is definately being introduced to his new Yasogami HR in the video I see. It's like a 5-8 second clip unlike the Rise one and the dungeon music which was about a minute.

It also seems Yumi Kawamura is NOT the one singing in P4. I've read at GF that it's actually Shihoko Hirata, who seems to have a stronger grasp of english pronounciation. Not by much though...

Yaweee

Tamanon said:
Could also be Atlus announcing localization of the Persona anime.

That is a possibility, but I honestly can't see Atlus getting into the anime business. There is nothing for them to gain by opening up a completely different department.

I also heard that TS was licensed by another company already, but I've never seen any official confirmation...

Yaweee

---Anime Expo­® 2008 - "Shin Megami Tensei®: Behind the Scenes"---

Unless they're showing 6 month old footage, it will focus on the translation project of P4.

piecemealcranky at GFaqs found this out:
" http://movie.atlusnet.jp/persona4/midnight/id_xx.flv

-where xx is a two digit number... I managed to get a few of those secret videos these ways. Tweak to your heart's content.
"
That lets you view Mayonaka videos at will.

Last edit, Ghostsarecool found you can just go to http://movie.atlusnet.jp/persona4/midnight/ to view the Mayonaka movies and mp3s.

Turns out the Rise video I saw two days ago was one that most people got last night (the short version). I was wondering what the hell people were talking about when they said she was advertising some soda.

Yaweee said:
---Anime Expo­® 2008 - "Shin Megami Tensei®: Behind the Scenes"---

Unless they're showing 6 month old footage, it will focus on the translation project of P4.
I hope so! Wish I could go. :/

Yaweee

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New scans out showing scenes from what is presumably their class trip

Honestly, you might prefer to be shocked in game.

The city from Persona 3 and the locations around it. So far the only known cameo is the principal and an older/hotter Chihiro. Looks like she is head of student council, or something important.

It isn't a complete surprise, but still cool as shit.

It also introduces two new characters-- the school nurse, and a fox wearing a bib (wtf?) that looks like it hangs out near an Inari shrine (which would make sense).

stawnkald

Yaweee said:
The city from Persona 3 and the locations around it. So far the only known cameo is the principal and an older/hotter Chihiro. Looks like she is head of student council, or something important.

I came.

Yaweee

The Japanese Atlus webpage has a note from the P4 composer. Here is the terrible translation, courtesy of ATLAS (translation software). The things in brackets were left untranslated... ( I agree with Kibble: somebody, please translate it!)
http://www.atlusnet.jp/topic/detail/552

No more Lotus Juice confirmed!

I have no idea what a lot of means, but it seems like the number of new tracks is roughly equivalent to P3's soundtrack, which kind of sucks. However, there might be reused tracks or rearrangements from older games that aren't being counted.

52 tracks is the number of songs on the vanilla P3 soundtrack IF you count the six parts of Tartarus as one medley (which is Interstice of Time gets counted on the FES soundtrack)
-------

MY OWN INTERPRETATION!

-Release is two weeks away, and I want to discuss the soundtrack.
-I composed over forty new tracks for the game, though some were (I HAVE NO IDEA)
-Something about arrangements.
-We got a new singer, though I did like what the P3 vocalists did.
-Some people don't like the battle theme, but I think that is just because it isn't what you expected.
-'Memories of You' was very popular from P3, and we have another wonderful song for P4.

None of the rest makes any sense...

---------

2008.06. 25 Miscellaneous notes Vol.36 of hobby of Meguro Masashi Meguro

Hello Meguro.

Even the sale of persona 4 became two another weeks.
There is my turn's turning to the sale even round the game this volume sale for two another weeks the inclusion as many as two another times of this time this time, and I want to touch about the music of the game this volume though the story of persona 4 original soundtrack was told a little last time.

40 tunes or more as a whole were written though some the music of persona 4 was open to the public from promotion.
Not a small little bit but when there is some arrangement difference or our Kita [**] and Kozuka include the made jingle etc. , feeling compared with persona 3. the number of tunes of soundtrack (52)

The person of the sung singer is 'Hirata [kokorozahoko]' persona 3 similar -san this time though the song one has been taken while playing a game.
It had a hard time really though it looked for the person with good singing voice suitable for because of and persona 4 whose Kawamura -san and Lotus -san of persona 3 are wonderful skill as a singers and skill as a singers.
Please expect the because of thought to be able to listen to a wonderful song this time.

This tune can be heard a little by the promotion image etc. though users to whom music feels uneasy think that the tune of the combat usually feels uneasy perhaps.
Please it thinks the heard thing not to be able to have done yet through the whole even if it says and buy and hear the product version by all means.
Maybe, was the introduction different from your imagination c.

'Your memory' of persona 3 was big the echo from users, thought by Komori and me of writing songs that I was very glad, and was able to make persona 4 from Komori and the combination in Meguro for the ending.
In the tune, nobody is still [kyokutotono] in 3 and fes without this time at the present stage of the because of that has not gone out at all in promotion etc. though thought by nobody that it cannot imagine it.
Please hear the game this volume by all means here clearing to the last minute.
Laughter, and poetry turns over and [sugo]s it by being [yo] while recording putting [toite] and this time though said, it is looked back on the this direction and is "Ulu [ttokimasunee;]" that the engineer -san of [sabi] to the end of [**ri] ..seeming the cry complete I at that time of the by the way and not raising the [nattete] face.. ..(.. ..the quality of) tune...
(especially the 2nd)

..a variety of some.. in the this approximately this time when Music Oh dear of persona 4 begins also to write.
Should that story either touch about the tune and August about the field and the event, etc. next time?
The thing of the Akasaka blitz of the example c It prints by the lot reservation beginning on Friday this week.
The what to do etc. when reserving and not coming at all.

- "Persona 4" question and message recruitment on a large scale inside
It questions "Persona 4" hot, and the recruitment on a large scale of a hot message now.
Being possible to contribute is a Please from here.

Meguro Masashi
"Persona 3" and "Three persona Fez" sound composer

Magnusson

Neo Member
KibblesBits said:
Ugh, that translation is terrible. Can someone go there and make some sense of it? Please? I'll give you internet lovin'...
Are there any parts you'd want me to translate specifically? I don't want to have to go through the WHOLE thing.

If I can find any scans that are good enough to read, I can translate some of those as well. But unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any that mention the class trip.

Magnusson said:
Are there any parts you'd want me to translate specifically? I don't want to have to go through the WHOLE thing.

If I can find any scans that are good enough to read, I can translate some of those as well. But unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any that mention the class trip.

Kanji's reaction to the club in Paulowina Mall is funny.
I love his surprised face.

If you could sum up what it's saying in the post about that would be cool. Trying to make sense of babelfish makes my brain implode.

Magnusson

Neo Member
I'll see what I can do, then.

I also noticed from the scans I could find that you can eat lunch with some characters to get them to like you more.

Yaweee

Magnusson said:
I'll see what I can do, then.

I also noticed from the scans I could find that you can eat lunch with some characters to get them to like you more.

Oh, nice, that's a good way to expand the S. Link system. Hopefully it is just from a menu rather than cycling through conversations with every single character to select the ones you want.... Damn, the phone calls in P3 were terrible designed.

Yaweee

Main page updated again...

-Rise video
-Blue guy's video
-School video (FUCKING REUSED MUSIC, and bad tracks at that. Game has been stripped of whatever titles it should have gotten)
-something in the video section.
-New eyesore wallpaper.

-Still nothing in the music section.

On a positive note, it does look like the game is paced a lot faster-- all of the known characters appear to join within the game's first three months.

I had expected to reuse some of the soundtracks, but that is one of my least favorite tracks from P3.

Yaweee

Yaweee

flipping_heck said:
ah Chihiro, the first girl that i went all the way with.. even though i was aiming for that sports girl instead.. gah! Glad she's back again!

Most of the P3 S Links have graduated by the time P4 happens, but Chihiro was an underclassman. What grade is Yuko?

Joule

Yaweee said:
Most of the P3 S Links have graduated by the time P4 happens, but Chihiro was an underclassman. What grade is Yuko?

2nd Year just like MC was.

I haven't checked all those links yet but it's Changing Seasons isn't it? :lol

Yaweee

Prime crotch said:
What's with Changing Seasons hate? It's way better than that the other one.

? What other one? The first school theme you mean?

The song I was referring to wasn't Changing Seasons (which I grew to like during my second playthrough), but the most annoying of the S. Link musics. Hopefully only the Iwatodai chapter uses the old music, though I wouldn't mind reusing some of the nicer themes.

Magnusson

Neo Member
BECAUSE I FUCKING LOVE THIS SERIES I TRANSLATED THE WHOLE THING. HAPPY NOW?

Hello, this is Meguro.

It's come down to just 2 weeks until the release of Persona 4.

Last time I only talked about the original soundtrack for P4; and since this time it's just 2 weeks before release, and I have 2 more times before release, I think I'd like to touch on the subject of the game's original music.

P4's music, while having been shown in a few public promotions, has had over 40 new pieces written. There have been a few arrangements, and even though there have been the additions of our Kitajou firm and Kozuka(?)'s single included in the sound track (52 pieces), when compared to Persona 3, it feels a little small.

Even though we've taken a few songs from Persona 3 into this new game, the singer is Hirata Shioko(?). Because of the wonderful abilities of Lotus and Kawamura, finding the right singing voice and ability has been really tough.
I hope you are all expecting to hear really good music this time!

I think the people who are concerned about the music are mostly concerned about the normal battle music, so you can hear a little of it in the promotional videos. Saying that, you can't really hear the entirety of it that way, so you should buy the commercial version. The intro has probably become a bit different than what people were expecting...

In regards to the ending theme, the user response to P3's "Recollections of You" was huge, so I and the lyricist Komori were really happy, so Persona 4 has another Meguro-Komori combination. Because it hasn't really been fully featured in the promotional material so far, nobody can imagine how it's such a different tune from anything in Persona 3 or FES.
Please try to hear it before you clear the game.
[translator's note: seriously, that sounds really counter-intuitive, but he isn't saying you shouldn't hear it until you clear it. What a strange man.]
During the recording session, at the high point of the song, the engineer turned his head and said [something really colloquial but I'm guessing something like "it's really charming/moving" ], in reality, I couldn't lift my head because I was crying from how complete it all was (laughs). Leaving behind the song's good and bad qualities, I think this time the words are really good.
(Especially the 2nd!)

Even though there's a lot of starting points for me to write about, I think this about wraps it up for this time. The next time will be about field and event songs and then after August, I wonder what I must touch upon. For example, Akasaka Blitz..., this Friday, he said there's a lottery drawing. If I don't do very well, what should I do...

Yaweee

That is a bit disheartening. One of the main complaints about P3 in reviews was not only the hit-or-miss soundtrack, but the repetitive nature of it all; a freakishly long RPG without a proportionally big soundtrack is just a waste. Twice as long as FF9, but half as many songs. =(

However, it isn't clear if the completely reused songs from P3 are part of the 52-song count. Is that Megruo's original compositions, pluse remixes of other SMT songs, plus some material taken from the singer's collection?

IF you're in the translating mood, one of the other articles on the atlusnet webpage is Soejima's assistant talking about glasses in the art design and his own experience with Lasik surgery. Probably a bore, but, hey.

So how long till Atlus USA gets this localized? Three months or so?
Yaweee said:
? What other one? The first school theme you mean?

The song I was referring to wasn't Changing Seasons (which I grew to like during my second playthrough), but the most annoying of the S. Link musics. Hopefully only the Iwatodai chapter uses the old music, though I wouldn't mind reusing some of the nicer themes.
yeah, Seasons is just awesome with the french proverb lyrics and such

Yaweee

Prime crotch said:
So how long till Atlus USA gets this localized? Three months or so?

yeah, Seasons is just awesome with the french proverb lyrics and such

Seasons is good except for the wailing part. The French is pretty good.

I'm hoping they announce it at their panel next week for like, an October release (the 14 week rule!), but who knows. I recall Atlus JP not telling Atlus USA they were even working on FES until they announced it to the press... if they did that for P4, it will probably be a while before we get it. It basically all depends when they started work on it.

Oh, and expect a three week delay at the last minute, just like what happened with Nocturne and P3.

KibblesBits said:
I seriously wish Atlus JP and Atlus USA were more... in contact with each other. Their relationship seems more akin to distant cousins than brother and sister from what I've seen. Someone should bring it up at the panel.

D

They've been better the last few years. Most of the Trauma Center games come out in the US first, and Odin Sphere was simultaneous. But, yeah, they have problems.

Yaweee said:
I recall Atlus JP not telling Atlus USA they were even working on FES until they announced it to the press...

I seriously wish Atlus JP and Atlus USA were more... in contact with each other. Their relationship seems more akin to distant cousins than brother and sister from what I've seen. Someone should bring it up at the panel.

Shihoko Hirata has actually done a few jazzy house music tracks. LOL. I hope the music is diverse and not too much rock. Rock doesn't belong in the Persona series, that's a SMT/Nocturne thing IMO.

Thank you Mag! :D

Pellham

Banned
Yaweee said:
They've been better the last few years. Most of the Trauma Center games come out in the US first, and Odin Sphere was simultaneous. But, yeah, they have problems.

Aren't Atlus US and Atlus JP basically separate entities? Sort of like how Agetec (formerly ASCII US) and Enterbrain (formerly ASCII JP) are pretty much separate now.

Pellham said:
Aren't Atlus US and Atlus JP basically separate entities? Sort of like how Agetec (formerly ASCII US) and Enterbrain (formerly ASCII JP) are pretty much separate now.

Atlus JP is definately Atlus USA's parent company...
Who gave them away for adoption and sometimes doesn't want to be bothered. :lol

News Bot said:
Day One. :D

But yeah, that's awesome.

And what's with the P3 soundtrack hate? I liked practically all of it. ;_;

I liked it too. It was just ok though. It's still no where as nice as the previous Persona soundtracks. And Gaf knows who I blame for that. :p

I wish I had the lyrics for changing seasons. They're not in the lyrics faq at GF. :/

Top Bottom