• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Ban Stories of NeoGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I searched and didn't see a thread about this or see the topic addressed in the FAQ.

What are some legendary flame-outs on GAF? I've heard snippets of the Olimario saga, read posts by drinky, tried to figure out Demi, and noticed some large "Official" threads in which half the users are banned.

Post your recollections, with link support (if possible), below.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I will say that doombringer should have gone down in a blaze of glory. His last few posts were pretty tepid. :\

Chittagong

Gold Member
Wow. This thread lives still.

My best

GreekBoy. A deeply troubled, sexually lost individual.

Tumaro. Writing brainfarts from the loneliest bedroom in Canada. Was bitter ever after.

The forehead chick with Kitty panties. Threatened to sue GAF for tortful reporting.

The recent fat dude who wanked too much and felt guilty. Suspecting joke character, one of the best ones ever.

RumFore

Banned
Me. I was banned for making fun of spiky hair in Japanese RPGS. Still pisses me off at how stupid that was. Wish I had screen capped the smug bastards comment.

Uncle

Angels of a Wing was a pretty fucked up animu person. I think he tried to present himself as a girl but some net detective spoiled his fun in the very first thread.

temp

posting on contract only
I got banned for defending a guy who said Rosa Parks was sitting on the back of the bus to heaven or something. For SIX months. Blackace said he wanted to perma me, as my recollection goes.

Amir0x

Banned
temp said:
I got banned for defending a guy who said Rosa Parks was sitting on the back of the bus to heaven or something. For SIX months. Blackace said he wanted to perma me, as my recollection goes.

heh. for some reason i always thought you and blackace were cool

oh yeah epic ban story:

dude kept having his 360's break, posted picture of said broken 360 on top of a SUBWOOFER. That's where he was keeping it! Then claimed it was a 'wine cooler', and then people proved him wrong with pics. epic bannage ensued.

terrene

Banned
Tigerriot was a good one; I think I even instigated the bannage a little. He kept going "quest" on OT political threads and a temp ban became perm when he tried to sidestep with another account. The mod callout was awesome.

temp said:

:lol wow.

I think the most "awesome"(not the good kind of awesome) is laramie's banning.

Uncle

Who was the guy that got banned for talking about some awesome Playstation event that was going to happen "next month" for about six months?

JimiNutz

Banned
Fidelis Hodie said:
One guy posted a vid of naked oil girls playing wii.

his memory was well served

I think that was me.
I get banned quite a lot on GAF :( It always breaks my heart

I got banned as a Junior for posting nipples in a girls making out thread-the mod said 'way to start your GAF career junior, you're not going to last long around here' or something like that. It made me feel like my first day in High School when I was called to the headmasters office for throwing rocks at kids in the playground :(

I got banned for the link to Nuts magazine (oiled up girls playing Wii Sports.) Although I may be getting confused because I think I also got banned from ign for posting the same vid.

Recently I go banned for copying and pasting the Encyclopaedia Dramatica entry for Digimon in the 'we killed the digimon' thread. Apparently it contained a naughty word. I won’t repeat it but it was a shortened version of digital bundle of sticks.

I still come back for more though because I love GAF, even if GAF doesn't love me. It's all very tragic. I may turn my story into a play or novel.

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
I remember, while I was still a lurker, the bannings in the super smash bros brawl dojo thread, for naming a certain character :lol

Dilbert

BobbyRobby said:
Did Serafita leave or get banned when she was outed as using that cam girl's pictures claiming them as her own?
She's still here, making bizarre cryptic comments about who the fuck cares.

ezekial45

Banned
- Guy who flaked out on the NeoGAF meet up at E3 05. He was supposed to pay for it.
- This one guy rickrolled a MGS4 thread then made a thread on OT asking if it would get him banned. :lol :lol

Can anyone make a synopsis of the Olimario banning? I've heard so much about it.

Amir0x

Banned
youta said:
Lapsed: the thinking man's bannee...

LAPSED GAMERS
LAPSED GAMERS
BLUE OCEAN
LAPSED GAMERS
*post Nintendo PR*
*post Iwata speech*
*post awkward anecdotal report about his family affairs*
LAPSED GAMERS
BLUE OCEAN
LAPSED GAMERS

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
ezekial45 said:
- Guy who flaked out on the NeoGAF meet up, that he was supposed to pay for, at E3 05.
- This one guy rickrolled a MGS4 thread then made a thread on OT asking if it would get him banned. :lol :lol

Can anyone make a synopsis of the Olimario banning? I've heard so much about it.

Basically, he gave someone at GAF naked pics of his girlfriend for a PSP. Pics got leaked and posted on her MySpace. Bannage and further epicness ensued.

I'm not sure I remember it correctly though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom