• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Mario Kart Wii Thread of Official Mario Kart

Haunted

donkey show said:
Look at my Wii Wheel.

april2008pickup5.JPG

:D
what the...!
emot-psyduck.gif

[Nintex]

BuddhaRockstar said:
You know, I tried to watch the differences in power sliding, but after a minute all I could notice is that both games look exactly the same graphically...
Maybe because those are the GCN tracks, the texture work on the Wii tracks is much better and there's alot more going on in the background. Also notice the draw distance in the GC version, especially on DK Mountain you can see the difference.

BuddhaRockstar said:
You know, I tried to watch the differences in power sliding, but after a minute all I could notice is that both games look exactly the same graphically...

But not really. You didn't really watch, then.

dk_

Edag Plata said:
Are they just that obsessed with fueling graphics wars with all their 360 vs. ps3 comparisons and also fueling the "lol Wii grafix sukz" attitude by comparing every new Wii game with a similar Gamecube game?
Wii = GC

But Mario Kart is still damn fun.

[Nintex]

Edag Plata said:
Are they just that obsessed with fueling graphics wars with all their 360 vs. ps3 comparisons and also fueling the "lol Wii grafix sukz" attitude by comparing every new Wii game with a similar Gamecube game?
No they just want to show the difference with the boosting. The Okami Wii vs. PS2 video shows the difference in colors. The vid about DMC4 sucked though.

Wizpig

fly high ~ayunite~ said:
Don't know if it's been posted but...
winning over 100 times on Nintendo WFC =
Toadette
What what?
I won more than 100 time and i didn't unlock that.
I unlocked a Kart for 50 victories and then another thing for like 250 victories.
Unless you mean 100 times FIRST PLACE?
Could it be?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
man mariokart wii could have the ds graphics blown up to large screen and it would still rule, just because SNAKING IS FUCKING GONE THANKS NINTENDO.

Wizpig

fly high ~ayunite~ said:
Don't know if it's been posted but...
winning over 100 times on Nintendo WFC =
Toadette
Dude, i just checked GameFAQs and here's what it says.

Toadette
Play Time Trials on all 32 different courses or win 1000 Wi-Fi matches.

1000!
Not 100 :lol

Wizpig said:
Dude, i just checked GameFAQs and here's what it says.

Toadette
Play Time Trials on all 32 different courses or win 1000 Wi-Fi matches.

1000!
Not 100 :lol
As I understand it, you actually just need to beat 1000 opponents. In other words, coming first in a 12 player race = 11 'wins'.

Wizpig

FallenAngelV said:
As I understand it, you actually just need to beat 1000 opponents. In other words, coming first in a 12 player race = 11 'wins'.
Yes, that's it.
Last time i unlocked something that way i won "250" times, and that was a lot of days ago.
Hopefully i'm near 1.000.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
FallenAngelV said:
In that case, only 90 wins would have you beating 1000 opponents, assuming they're all 12 man races.

NTom64

I just randomly got Toadette earlier when I turned on my Wii...kind of hard to believe I've played over 1000 online matches, but then again it is addictive :lol

BuddhaRockstar said:
Except they don't. Looking at a low res video apparently doesn't tell the whole story.

[Nintex]

fly high ~ayunite~ said:
Just checked and I have :lol

Is online really shitty for anyone else today? Getting disconnects and lag all over the place.
I got a few disconnects today, note that friday is mostly "shipping day" for alot of shops in Europe.

Fabiollo

Did anyone understand how the game determines the kind of tournaments that start when in private rooms? I randomly get 100, 150, and mirror, but I would like to choose them myself.

Wizpig

:lol :lol :lol Just logged-in for my daily Mario Kart fun and i unlocked
Toadette
@ 1.000 Nintendo WFC wins.

It's fun how you discover what you unlocked the day after you last played. :lol

Wizpig

Fabiollo said:
Did anyone understand how the game determines the kind of tournaments that start when in private rooms? I randomly get 100, 150, and mirror, but I would like to choose them myself.
It's Random.
Mirror sucks ass. =(

Capndrake

Anasui Kishibe said:
would anyone care to explain me how the point system works? Because I'm getting -points for ending up fourth in a 12 players race
Once you get a higher rank you'll get less points/lose more if even a few lesser skilled people beat you. On average I now have to get first in every race to get more points :(

Capndrake said:
Once you get a higher rank you'll get less points/lose more if even a few lesser skilled people beat you. On average I now have to get first in every race to get more points :(

oh, crap, that's really it. Thanks for the explanation

Capndrake

I'm really starting to hate those connection errors, play 20+ matches just fine and on my way to getting first in another, then out of the blue "Connection lost. Error code <code here>." and bye 400 points!

Capndrake said:
I'm really starting to hate those connection errors, play 20+ matches just fine and on my way to getting first in another, then out of the blue "Connection lost. Error code <code here>." and bye 400 points!

I don't get that error, but I do get connection issues and this random message saying "Connection lost blablabla other players blabla"

already 300 points lost thanks to that

I must say it happened three times only out of like 230 matches, so it doesn't sound so bad

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
andrewjnyc said:
Have any US stores started to break the date yet, or does everyone here with it live elsewhere in the world?
US: April 27, 2008
Japan: April 10, 2008
Europe: April 11, 2008
Australia: April 24, 2008

SuperBanjo said:
I reserved this from Gamestop the other day, and to my surprise, they are actually having a midnight launch for the game!

I wasn't sure if Mario Kart would be getting a midnight launch since it's not as "hardcore" as Smash Bros. or Halo, but it looks like it is. Is anyone else having a midnight release in their area?

I'm a couple of weeks late on your post, but yeah, my neighborhood GS is doing a midnight MK launch too (I just found out tonight). Strangely enough, they didn't do a midnight Brawl launch.

Great news, took me by surprise.

Teknoman

So will there be an official online topic once the game is released everywhere?

Also thats pretty cool the way they show where everyone is from before the match.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I played a shitload today online, getting a lot better now, 6200 points!

I need to do the friend code thing with the regular players here I think.

Top Bottom