• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Mario Kart Wii Thread of Official Mario Kart

jibblypop

Banned
Always-honest said:
yeah, cheaters ruin games.
i played many (3000+) online matches in mario kart DS.. and quit because of those insecure bastards

Cheaters in any game piss me off. But seriously: cheating in Mario Kart?? The entire game is set up so that even the worst players have a chance. You would have to be the most pathetic loser ever to care enough about winning that bad in Mario Kart to cheat.
Luckily, I only run into about one cheater per week or so on Mario Kart Wii. It hasn't ruined the experience for me at all.

I'm slowly chipping away at getting all 2-star or better rankings. A lot of dumb luck. Sometimes I go through the entire circuit and get 3 stars and other times it will be a blue shell right at the end and back down to a single star ranking.

The thing I don't understand about the blue shell in Mario Kart is that it doesn't really help the people in last that use it. I can understand the bullet more since it helps really poor people get back into the race but a blue shell only helps the people in second or third who didn't need it anyways. So giving that item to someone way back actually hurts them since almost any item would be more useful to them.

JimboJones

I played online a few weeks ago for the first time in months, on the second race as soon as it started some asshole launched 3 blue shells :( I just turned it off.

But I would be up for a game if people here played.

jibblypop

Banned
I got a 2-star rating or better on every cup now! And a 3-star rating on every 50cc cup. I know I said it is masochism to go for all 3-star rankings but I can already tell that I'm going for it. It's more fun than I thought it would be.

Hitokage: Your advice on when to use automatic and with which vehicles really helped make it easier. Thanks.

BowieZ

Banned
Yay! Got back up to 9999 VR today! :D

*thanks to having not been disconnected mid-race for a couple of days!

Anyone fancy some online action?

PedroRVD said:
hey...now that the thread is bumped....how about a 12-player GAF competition? I would love that
Let's DO this.

jibblypop

Banned
I'm not at home right now but when I get back home in a few days I will bump this thread again and post my friend code.. if you 2 want to post yours as well, I would be down for some games next week! :D

BowieZ

Banned
1977-1490-7263. You guys's?

I just lost 300 points to a hacker who bulleted himself way ahead across the finish line :'(

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
BowieZ said:
So what are people's thoughts on Wario's Gold Mine?
Awful, awful stage. The camera gets so fucked up over the hills. The bats can be random and, at rare times, unavoidable. It has decent design, but the flaws outweigh the pros.

jibblypop

Banned
My friend code is:

0430-8956-9352

I added Bowiez (banned I guess but maybe he still will check this thread) and Penguin so please add me back. If anyone else wants to swap friend codes let me know!

I will check if anyone is playing whenever I pop this game in.

jibblypop

Banned
10cp9cm.jpg

Lkr

What is with the bike love affair online? They are way too fast imo, but kart handling and drifting makes up for it imo

Penguin

Lkr said:
What is with the bike love affair online? They are way too fast imo, but kart handling and drifting makes up for it imo

I complained about that above.
I started using the bikes because everyone else did, I think its the extra wheelie speed burst.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Lkr said:
First rule of winning in Mario Kart: There is no such thing as too fast, only not fast enough.

What a convenient bump. I just beat the mirror cup and my girlfriend beat the 100 CC cups. Before the games came out I could have sworn Smash Bros. would be the go to multiplayer game on Wii, but Mario Kart and NSMBW ended up on top.

And Mario Kart is still fun and easy to play against random people online.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Hitokage said:
First rule of winning in Mario Kart: There is no such thing as too fast, only not fast enough.

Hitokage speaks the truth!

Man I wish this game had some DLC. Imagine if they threw out 2 new cups: one all new cup and one retro. Even if we didn't get new characters just new levels would be PIMP right about now.

Interesting this thread got bumped cause I went into my MK channel for the 1st time in forever, and thought about booting the game up.

MWCShay

Lkr said:
what are the best combos for character/kart/bike?

Online the Mach Bike + Daisy is what I usually use to race. Getting caught in the pack online and it's pretty much a rap, you will get hit with things relentlessly it seems. Getting away from the pack and it can be smooth sailing, unless blue shell start showing up like crazy.

I haven't played online in awhile, I might have to get back on and see what new losers have bought the game.

J@hranimo

Banned
Hey I just recently got into online with MKW. Is this the topic where people post their FC? I'm looking for some people to go aganist.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Lkr said:
what are the best combos for character/kart/bike?
Daisy/Mach Bike/Manual
Daisy/Sneakster/Auto
Funky Kong/Flame Runner/Manual

The Spear is pretty much useless outside Time Trial because of its awful acceleration and handling. You almost never hit top speed.

BowieZ

Banned
J@hranimo said:
Hey I just recently got into online with MKW. Is this the topic where people post their FC? I'm looking for some people to go aganist.
Perhaps we should start a thread in the online forum? I can't seem to find one there.

Hi -- leaving for a get-together with friends right now and about to rent MKW for the first time. Is there a way to temporarily (until powered down) unlock all the characters/courses?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Battersea Power Station said:
Hi -- leaving for a get-together with friends right now and about to rent MKW for the first time. Is there a way to temporarily (until powered down) unlock all the characters/courses?

No.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Battersea Power Station said:

I'm sure through USB Loader there are some cheats for things like this, but without that.. I'd guess not.

Llyranor

Quick Q: Is there any way to play online with friends via friendcodes (2 on each console), while also adding AI at the same time? We couldn't seem to find the option to have AI.

Sorry for the bump, but I've been playing this again as therapy for being unemployed and because I'm anticipating Mario Kart 7. It still plays as fun as fresh as it did the first day I brought it home in 2008 - I'm addicted!

Top Bottom