• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot: Mind over Mutant is real. First screens and concept art! (56k)

Platforms: Wii, DS, Xbox 360, PS2, PSP.

Screenshots:

mom1.jpg

mom2.jpg

mom3.jpg

mom4.jpg

mom5.jpg

mom6.jpg

mom7.jpg

mom8.jpg

mom9.jpg

mom10.jpg

mom11.jpg

mom12.jpg

Concept Art:

momconcept1.jpg

momconcept2.jpg

momconcept3.jpg

momconcept4.jpg

momconcept5.jpg

Leaked Press Release:

In Crash Bandicoot: Mind over Mutant, a rejuvenated Neo Cortex is taking over the world one brain at a time! Cortex and N. Brio devise a new kind of evil; a text-messaging, do-anything device which controls both mutant and bandicoot minds. Armed with his quick-wits and lightening agility, Crash must free his friends, the titans and save the day!

* Monsters on Demand! - Not only does Crash keep the ability to control his enemies when he jacks them – now he can store his favorite monsters in his pocket, upgrade them and utilize their powers when they are most advantageous

* “Free-Romping” World Design - Wumpa Island is fully realized as a real location, with a “free-romping” design that allows players to travel and explore through intersecting worlds, with different gameplay options available depending on what creature you’ve brought along for the ride

* Girl Power! - Your co-op partner is Crash’s sister, Coco, playable for the first time in the cooperative mode. Not only does Coco make the game that much more inviting for girls to pick up and play, she also brings with her a new tactile “treasure hunt” ability

* New Abilities

o Roll-and Counter Combat System - Crash will have a fun, agile dodge move and “counter” move which will inflict extra damage on his enemies
o Digging - Crash can now dig underground as real-life bandicoots really do; this will allow for Crash to unlock bonus items
o Climbing - Crash can climb vertical surfaces and jump side-to-side to connected areas and dodge hazards

Sources:

Go to:

http://village.crashbandicoot.com/us/index.php

Then click on "About", then click on "Images", then click on "Mind over Mutant Images".

Or go to Crash Mania's Crash Bandicoot: Mind over Mutant page:

http://hpzr.freeweb7.com/infomom.htm

[Nintex]

Looks like these screens are from the Wii, PSP or PS2 version.

I sure hope this won't suck ass, we really need some more platformers this gen.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Still no PS3-version?

Fuck that bullshit. I'm already out of this party.

Damn they have destroyed the Crash character model. He looks like a friggin' idiot, even for a decade-old worn-out game mascot.

And didn't they just release Crash of the Titans? Damn, are Crash Bandicoot fans really clamoring for another one? Let alone so soon?

Twinsanity was the shit, though...respect...

Dever

Banned
His face is really badly modeled... Couldn't they just free this guy from his misery and invent a new furry platforming mascot? It's not like it's hard or anything.

Dali

CartridgeBlower said:
Damn they have destroyed the Crash character model. He looks like a friggin' idiot, even for a decade-old worn-out game mascot.

And didn't they just release Crash of the Titans? Damn, are Crash Bandicoot fans really clamoring for another one? Let alone so soon?

Pretty-much what I'm thinking. They should have taken the rendition of him from the little Mermaid concept art above, called him Fiesty the furry Fox and just started a *gasp* new original IP with a different cutesy animal mascot type character instead of trying to squeeze more money from the dusty tit of the Crash franchise Tomb Raider style.

Who cares, Crash Bandicoot is a washed-up character and this game doesn't exactly look groundbreaking. The character model is :lol

ram

what? that looks exactly like the last one - which was average at best.

Crash of the Titans

screen6_large.jpg

Crash of the Titans - ergh Mind over Mutants

crash_mom_screen12.jpg

MEH!

Lobster

Banned
Who care if it was real or not? Its still going to be shit.

They should really remake Crash Bandicoot 1. Now that would be awesome.

edit:those are wii shots right?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
What the hell happened to Crash. This franchise is so dead to me after the PSX trilogy. Christ just look at that design and the pepped up on goofballs-smile

M3wThr33

Banned
Actually, Crash DIDN'T die with Naughty Dog.

Vicarious Visions made really good GBA Crash games. (I didn't play the racers, though)
AND Wrath of Cortex was JUST fine, too.

It all went downhill from Crash Twinsanity. That was VERY mediocre and quite the rush job. It just felt unfinished and I didn't feel a need to get all the gems.

Since then, it's just been a mess. They keep trying to reinvent it into a shitty platformer, which is NOT what made him popular. It was Super Mario Bros. 1 in 3D. That's all anyone ever wanted.

Sandman7

Lobster said:
Who care if it was real or not? Its still going to be shit.

They should really remake Crash Bandicoot 1. Now that would be awesome.

edit:those are wii shots right?

Crash 1 remake for PSN = insta-buy

And why no PS3 version? Did Crash of the Titans have a PS3 version?

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
No way this is real...last year's game actually wasn't bad, and that's coming from someone who wanted to hate it. But this is just stupid.

ZeoVGM

Banned
M3wThr33 said:
It all went downhill from Crash Twinsanity. That was VERY mediocre

Twinsanity is fucking great.

We should be getting a sequel to that instead of a sequel to last year's piece of shit animal-riding game that plays NOTHING like Crash and EVERYTHING like a generic licensed game.

Ganondorfo

Come on sony, just give crash bandicoot back to naughty dog and give also spyro back to insomniac while you're at it.

Ganondorfo said:
Come on sony, just give crash bandicoot back to naughty dog and give also spyro back to insomniac while you're at it.

Sony has nothing to do with either series anymore. They sold them off while the selling was good.

Top Bottom