• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fatal Frame IV (Wii) screens , site opens

king zell

zero01.jpg

zero02.jpg

zero03.jpg

zero04.jpg

zero05.jpg

zero06.jpg

zero07.jpg

zero08.jpg

zero09.jpg

site : http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/r4zj/index.html

Kenka said:
Very promising for the future of the Wii.

They're obviously putting a lot of thought into this game because they employed Grasshopper to help them. They probably wanted someone who had extensive, hands on experience with the Wii. It's glad to see that they're taking this seriously and this is one of the few third party Wii games that I'm very excited about.

batbeg

I knew because of how beautiful the PS2 games are this would be one of the Wii's best... and it is :D I can not even begin to explain the hype I have for this game, so awesome! It may sound stupid to have to ask, but has wii pointer camera control been confirmed? I've heard that flashlight control is, but obviously in this it's the camera that's most important.

So awesome looking!

Kind of strange the character section isn't open yet, nothing too special about that really...

and as Nintendo seem to be handling publishing duties, fucking ADVERTISE it Nintendo, sweet Jesus!

Durante

It looks a lot like Fatal Frame 2, and that's a good thing. With this and Fragile I have 2 Wii games to look forward to, a new all-time high.

fresquito

ShockingAlberto said:
I've never played a Fatal Frame game.

Someone tell me what I'm getting excited for, please. It looks nice, but I have no idea what it is.
To my understanding it's a terror game where you have to take pics of ghosts. It's said to be one of the scariest games out there.

CTLance

Nom nom nom. Shame I'm not really interested in the game. I'm weak with scary games. Ah well. Maybe I'll make an exemption and buy it nonetheless. I bought RE4:Wii, so it'd be only fair...

ShockingAlberto said:

Someone tell me what I'm getting excited for, please. It looks nice, but I have no idea what it is.

Survival horror. There's a lot of exploration/puzzle solving portions in the game. It's also frightening.

Dascu

I'm also not particularly keen on horror games, but I'm definitely getting this to support quality 3rd party Wii games and to support Grasshopper Manufacture.

Perdew

I've also never played a Fatal Frame, but I understand it's a survival/horror where you take pictures? Does anyone have a better (don't copy and paste Wikipedia) description of the series?

PkunkFury

They really need to drop the IV when they bring this to the US, so people will actually buy it. Just call it Fatal Frame Wii or something

batbeg

ShockingAlberto said:

The most terrifying series imaginable. You can see ghosts and in order to exorcise them you use a special camera (Camera Obscura), in which you go into a first-person mode to track them (you can actually play in this mode as you can walk, but it's slow and not very practical :p). You can't just "shoot" them, though... no... you have to wait until they're close enough to you that the camera has built up strength to significantly damage them.

Seriously, the scariest fucking games ever. Really super fun too. Even the stories are pretty interesting, with lots of details.

Perdew said:
I've also never played a Fatal Frame, but I understand it's a survival/horror where you take pictures? Does anyone have a better (don't copy and paste Wikipedia) description of the series?

A couple more details are that not all ghosts attack you, as there's some vague differences between friendly and hostile ones. You aren't given camera control, so you're at the mercy of the evil, twisted developers... and just... seriously, buy it.

later

Very nice :)

I also have never played a fatal frame before.

It sounds pretty weird, so you take a picture of a ghost and then what? It disappears? That doesn't sound like much of a challenge?..

batbeg said:
The most terrifying series imaginable. You can see ghosts and in order to exorcise them you use a special camera (Camera Obscura), in which you go into a first-person mode to track them (you can actually play in this mode as you can walk, but it's slow and not very practical :p). You can't just "shoot" them, though... no... you have to wait until they're close enough to you that the camera has built up strength to significantly damage you.

Seriously, the scariest fucking games ever. Really super fun too. Even the stories are pretty interesting, with lots of details.

A couple more details are that not all ghosts attack you, as there's some vague differences between friendly and hostile ones. You aren't given camera control, so you're at the mercy of the evil, twisted developers... and just... seriously, buy it.
Sounds like an awesomely fucked up Luigi's Mansion.

I'm in.

Jme

For those that never played and want a taste - here's a decent gameplay video on YT:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CN9fM0P0ybY

It's from the 2nd one... It's not as scary when you are just watching it, but when you are engrossed in the exploration and then you hear that noise around the corner and you look and nothing is there... it's just... it's great.

A bit of translation of the info on Famitsu confirms you'll be using your remote as both the torch and the camera. Imagine how much that's going to make your view wobble as a ghost approaches! Should make it even scarier.

Apparently, the remote will also be used to interact with certain items. I wonder if the speaker will be used to make scary noises, too...

Cannot fucking wait. It should be immense.

Scrubking said:
Everyone needs to make sure to play this at night with all the lights turned off.

This, again and again. When you're alone, the lights are killed and you've got good surround sound, the experience is really nice.

Top Bottom