• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fatal Frame IV (Wii) screens , site opens

batbeg

Hero of Canton said:
A bit of translation of the info on Famitsu confirms you'll be using your remote as both the torch and the camera. Imagine how much that's going to make your view wobble as a ghost approaches! Should make it even scarier.

Yes yes yes YES! Really, there was no other way for it to work, but still, this is the first series I thought of when the Wii remote was unveiled and I can't believe how close we now are to it.

Hero of Canton said:
Apparently, the remote will also be used to interact with certain items. I wonder if the speaker will be used to make scary noises, too...

Oh God I hope so. I'm not a fan of the Wii remote speaker, but I'll definitely turn it on for this game. If they don't make use of it, it'll be a huge missed opportunity. I doubt they'd be stupid enough to miss it though.

Scrubking said:
Everyone needs to make sure to play this at night with all the lights turned off.

Absolutely. Terrifying. Scarily enough, my brother watched me play all these games when he was only 5 and loved them, and just found them funny. I have no idea how he wasn't just left crying.

I don't know about this. I love horror, and Fatal Frame 2 is the scariest game I've ever played, but I found the gameplay to be absolute shit. I'll probably end up getting this game though.

JDSN

Banned
zero08.jpg

Ahhh no. :(

Perdew

batbeg said:
Oh God I hope so. I'm not a fan of the Wii remote speaker, but I'll definitely turn it on for this game. If they don't make use of it, it'll be a huge missed opportunity. I doubt they'd be stupid enough to miss it though.

This is the game Suda is working on, right? Because the 'phone calls' through the remote in No More Heroes were fantastic.

psy18

I can't stand this series. Those ghosts are just too creepy to me. Even worse is you have to take pictures of them. And they will jump on you. With those disturbing expression. Damn it.

king zell said:

handofg0d said:
For those that never played and want a taste - here's a decent gameplay video on YT:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CN9fM0P0ybY

It's from the 2nd one... It's not as scary when you are just watching it, but when you are engrossed in the exploration and then you hear that noise around the corner and you look and nothing is there... it's just... it's great.
Jesus Christ

Now I'm afraid I might be too big a pussy to play this

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Looks about the same as the PS2 games (which is fine). Looking forward to it!

Wii-mote as flashlight = awesome

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
temjin said:
Haha, I thought the EXACT same thing :)
LOL I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt that pic was disturbing. It's obviously a homage to "The Grudge" (which didn't scare me one bit) but the way those eyes are looking at her is just all kinds of fucked up. If I was in first person mode and saw that looking at me it would of scared the hell out of me. The Last game to do that was Resident evil Remake and the silent Hills never scared me. I'm still buying it but at least now I know what to expect!

EDIT: The graphics are pretty, in fact the best I've seen so far on the Wii and shows that a Wii game can look great graphically if developers put some effort, money and a little talent into it but I already knew Wii games could look great because of what RE4 accomplished on Gamecube.

Looks soooooo great, I hope I'm not too scared to play the game! :lol I don't mind Resident Evil sorta scary, that shit don't bother me... its just the... 'freaky' ? scary that gets me sometimes hehe.

I remember the little bits of 1 I played freaking me out.

The girl in the last pic is different from the one shown in all the other pics. Wonder what's her relation to the game.

Never played a Fatal Frame myself, but my girlfriend's a huge fan of the second one (the one with the twins) so I'll probably pick this one up when it arrives. Who knows? I'll probably love it. Looks great.

El Six

Banned
Wow pretty impressed with how it looks, can't wait fro this title to come out really love the older ones: lol

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
dark10x said:
Looks about the same as the PS2 games (which is fine).
nahh this definitely looks better than the PS2 games especially the lighting.

fatal_frame_3_the_tormented_002.jpg

fatal_frame_3_the_tormented_003.jpg

The PS2 models aren't nearly as detailed nor are they lighted as well.

Looking really good. I may not have the courage to play through this entirely, but really, I won't know for sure until I try, eh ?

Akai

Fuzz Rez said:
This game actually looks really scary, I hope they have good composers working on some good ambient music.

I believe that Masafumi Takada is working on the soundtrack, so the answer is yes... =)

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Shaheed79 said:
nahh this definitely looks better than the PS2 games especially the lighting.

The PS2 models aren't nearly as detailed nor are they lighted as well.
You're probably right (though I don't think those shots represent the PS2 game all that well). Still, from what I can tell, the torch light still seems to be per-vertex, which is disappointing. Hopefully that's not the case.

fresquito said:
You don't need this to put almost all Wii devs into shame, really.

Here's hoping that sales numbers are high enough to make other developers take a better look. But, on the flip side, let's hope the game is good enough (or at least provides a good enough experience in one form or another) to drive the sales. I'm crossing my fingers, but I'm planning on buying anyway if it's as good as it looks.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
batbeg said:
You aren't given camera control, so you're at the mercy of the evil, twisted developers... and just... seriously, buy it.
aperture control or no buy.

Akai said:
I believe that Masafumi Takada is working on the soundtrack, so the answer is yes... =)
IIRC it 's rumoured that Takada himself confirmed this in an interview with GamesTM magazine... That would indeed be pretty damn interesting, if true.

Top Bottom