• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fatal Frame IV (Wii) screens , site opens

Durante

Hcoregamer00 said:
What???

I thought Fatal Frame 2 had underage twins?
It had, which makes it the best FF by far.
91502220030711screen005_2.jpg

Ydahs said:
Awesome, and no jaggies present. Thanks!
That only means that these are bullshots :(

No6

Hcoregamer00 said:
What???

Fatal Frame 1 had a woman as the main character, too.
It had, which makes it the best FF by far.
Nah, 1 was better. 2 and 3 had the problem of the devs trying to not recycle scares from previous installments, which means that a lot of the good ideas got used up in the first one. Crazy rope horror > Wonder twins horror.

batbeg

Vorador said:
And the peering girl is not by far the worst i've seen in the series. Fatal Frame II is the only game who has managed to make me drop the controller screaming (after turning a corner, i was a few inches of distance of the ghost of a girl with long black hair...and the neck broken, looking at me with the mouth open and whispering "it hurts")

I've never quite figured out why all the hate drops onto FFIII (unless it's just playing as that bastard guy who ducks), but it had the scariest shit for me. Woman with dozens of flying hands chasing you up a staircase and ladder? The woman in the kimono room who is just relentless? Oh my GOOOOOD! Long-limbed people also get to me :(

Can't wait to see some of the crazy ghosts this time around.

eJawa

would probably like a hook in his jaw for that matter
I'll rent, thinking I can handle. It's just a game about ghosts, how bad could be? Couple hours later I'll have given up on ever being in a darkened room again.

I played the second game and it seemed really good, but I was just too much of a wimp. I can't even remember any specific really scary parts... I think I repressed.

batbeg said:
I've never quite figured out why all the hate drops onto FFIII (unless it's just playing as that bastard guy who ducks), but it had the scariest shit for me. Woman with dozens of flying hands chasing you up a staircase and ladder? The woman in the kimono room who is just relentless? Oh my GOOOOOD! Long-limbed people also get to me :(

Can't wait to see some of the crazy ghosts this time around.

Screaming eyeless ghost. D:

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
If there is one thing we can be grateful for, it is that this game is free from a female lead that would make this appeal to lolicons (aka Pedos).

No6 said:
Fatal Frame 1 had a woman as the main character, too.

You are completely missing the point if you think I am talking about having a female lead.

:lol

stuminus3

Durante said:
That only means that these are bullshots :(
Likely, but again, the PS2 games still look great even at 480p on an HDTV, not a crappy jagfest like most PS2 games look these days.

Vorador

Banned
Hcoregamer00 said:
What???

pedobear_seal.jpg

In the Director's Cut you had some sexy alternate costumes...

Two costumes (Bondage and Pink and Gold Bikini's) awarded for beating the game in Fatal Mode *nosebleed*

No6

SDZeta said:
Fatal Frame is the scariest series for me. Part of it is because you only have a camera and the enemies (ghosts) can actually go through walls and objects. You're NEVER safe.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QRvix8qlKns lol I love his reaction when Broken Neck starts fully appearing from the pillar.
I could have sworn that some walls/doors they couldn't go through, especially the more obvious "loading" doors.

eJawa

would probably like a hook in his jaw for that matter
While I'm glad its on the Wii, since it needs games like this and the graphics look perfectly fine, if there was any game that would benefit the most from 5.1 surround sound, it is this one. Then again, that might make it too much for anyone to handle...

How old was supossed to be Miku in the first game?

Because I remember she was 10 year old..., but that's imposible...for obvious reasons....

Anyway, I'm pretty hyped for this game. I just hope it turns good (the 3rd one was the black sheep of the saga), because the next-gen needs a good Survival Horror game,

stuminus3 said:
If they drop the "4" from the title, let it stand on it's own two feet and downplay it's roots and give it a push that way, maybe, just maybe, it has a chance. I think the fact that it's a sequel may be detrimental to it's success.
Correct. You listening developers?

Tenbatsu

Wow, it look so much different from those famitsu scans, fantastic visual indeed.

+
zero08.jpg

This screen is farking disturbing, imagine the wiiremote shakes the moment the head pops out and let out a screaming sound from the remote speaker, dam I will suffer an instant heart attack. Plus, the close up character model look so nice in this shot, ho wait, this is CG....dam.

Relaxed Muscle said:
How old was supossed to be Miku in the first game?

Because I remember she was 10 year old..., but that's imposible...for obvious reasons....
She was a middle school student in the first game, but they aged her up a bit for the US version (maybe high school age, or college?).

THIS is the game I have waiten for!!! Thank you Nintendo for publishing that!!!

If nobody is developing what I want, at last Nintendo is...

Does Nintendo arranged this deal for exclusivity, or has tecmo taken the decision on their own?

Nevertheless, I can't wait to use my Wiimote as flashlight! It is unbelievable that such a technique for a Wii-Game is just coming two years after the launch....

Frencherman said:
THIS is the game I have waiten for!!! Thank you Nintendo for publishing that!!!

If nobody is developing what I want, at last Nintendo is...

Does Nintendo arranged this deal for exclusivity, or has tecmo taken the decision on their own?

Nevertheless, I can't wait to use my Wiimote as flashlight! It is unbelievable that such a technique for a Wii-Game is just coming two years after the launch....

Nintendo has secured the rights to this game. I think Tecmo still owns the franchise, though.

Why are there so many videos of people who can't play horror games

I mean, I can't either

But I don't think anyone cares to watch me fail at manhood.

Vinci

Danish
And people thought Nintendo wasn't interested in heading upmarket. Fuck that shit, this is awesome looking.

Day One. If only to watch my girlfriend freak the hell out.

tabsina

stuminus3 said:
If they drop the "4" from the title, let it stand on it's own two feet and downplay it's roots and give it a push that way, maybe, just maybe, it has a chance. I think the fact that it's a sequel may be detrimental to it's success.

i agree, people may give it a miss because they haven't played the first 3

what i love about this is the wiimote flashlight thing.. just imagine you get freaked out.. you'd want the flash light to be on the screen at all times.. so if you get a jolt, and the remote goes off the screen, you'll be left in complete darkness..

i wish i could take it.. i think i might have to give it a miss because i doubt i can

Vinci

Danish
Surely Nintendo isn't stupid enough to publish it in the States with IV in the title. It has to get the '_______ Wii' treatment.

wazoo

Frencherman said:

and still no Luigi Mansion 2

Dibbz

Wait whats going on in here? Seen the screenshots and said to my self "hey these look like PS2 shots (lol)"

Then I hear people crying CG. Wow if this is not even in game, seriously wtf.

Vinci

Danish
wazoo said:
and still no Luigi Mansion 2

They could always package Fatal Frame Wii with Luigi Mansion developed to use motion controls. You know, for a breather from screaming your damn head off and sobbing like an infant.

Dibbz said:
Wait whats going on in here? Seen the screenshots and said to my self "hey these look like PS2 shots (lol)"

Then I hear people crying CG. Wow if this is not even in game, seriously wtf.

Get outta here.

Anyways, I'm definitely going to buy this day 1. I need to pickup FF3, I loved 1&2. Is it really the black sheep of the series? How so?

stuminus3 said:

Didn't stop Resident Evil 4 Wii from being a success, and that was a 2-year-old port.

No, if FF4 fails commercially, it won't be because of the fact that it's a sequel or because of its quality; if anything, it'll be because of poor marketing.

NintendosBooger said:
Didn't stop Resident Evil 4 Wii from being a success, and that was a 2-year-old port.

No, if FF4 fails commercially, it won't be because of the fact that it's a sequel or because of its quality; if anything, it'll be because of poor marketing.
RE4 Wii's audience mostly came from the GC, where RE was partly exclusive.

Fatal Frame's audience will come from...the PS2? Doubtful. They'd need to build a new audience, which is not that hard to do, but it's not a direct comparison to RE4 Wii by any stretch.

ivysaur12

Banned
I still can't believe Grasshopper is making this. It looks really good graphically :lol

But seriously, I can hardly play these games. I will buy this, but I might play with all the lights on.

Dibbz

SDZeta said:
Get outta here.

Anyways, I'm definitely going to buy this day 1. I need to pickup FF3, I loved 1&2. Is it really the black sheep of the series? How so?
With the way you're defending it, I take it these are bullshots?

Jethro

Look's good and promising. Hope a trailer will be relased soon.

Now it's time for the Rune Factory pictures in good quality.

Top Bottom