• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGO Update! Up Now... Plus Downloadable Expansion pack 1

smik

Update

Its is now the 31st of July and im still not able to download the Expansion pack, everything on my side is right but im still getting like many others the dreaded 809 error. And to makes things worst there is no customer support or anything in the liking to get a solid helpful solution, it figures that a games soul purpose of being online and it has no support system whatsoever.

i have tried everything

Tried Buying through PC
2 CC
Used a Different PC on different IP

Update

Its been 3-4 days now and i still cant get this thing, error after error after network friggin error! i gave it a rest for a couple of days and kept tight lipped but this is getting ridicolous. Again finally today i got to the last transaction process and verified all my details then to my preconcieved expectation of konami online services it refused my card that had already gone through my banks verification (Yes i do have money).

Why put Visa if you dont except, i buy things through PSN all the time without any trouble its like konami only discovered the internet in 2008!

I guess this what happens in a open system instead of a closed one like the xbox marketplace things get f**** up.

ahh well what can you do..... oh yeah put it through PSN. geez

**Old OG Post**

Get it now... if u can

Full details found here & post #8

http://www.konami.jp/mgo/us/hd/products/index.html#s01

Free Updates Include

*New Skills
*Greater Inbox mail
*Creation of Clan rooms
*Minor Bug Fixes

Expansion Pack

3 new multiplayer maps,Playable Meryl & Johnny,extra modes & more

product_04_01.jpg

product_04_02.jpg

product_04_03.jpg

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Darkpen posted this in the online thread

Metal Gear Online Championship at TGS

During today's E3 press conference, Konami Digital Entertainment announced the details of the Metal Gear Online World Championship 2008, which will take place at Tokyo Game Show in October.

The competition is open to the best players in North America, Europe, Japan and Greater Asia. Top teams from regional championships in all four territories will receive all expenses paid trips to the finals in Tokyo, Japan.

Konami will kick off the event by hosting an exhibition tournament at the San Diego ComiCon next week, with details on the regional championships to be announced at a later date.

The company also announced that two MGOnline expansion packs - Gene Expansion and Gene Expansion Plus - will be available for download on July 17 for USD 11.99 and 14.99, respectively.

Three new maps, two special characters (Meryl Silverburgh and Johnny Akiba), a survival mode and a customisable female character will be part of the Gene Expansion. The "Plus" edition includes an extra character slot.

Konami also announced that it will launch MGOnline Reward Points and an in-game shop as a free download on the same day that it releases the expansion packs. Players will be able to obtain points through various means - performance level of their character, filling out questionnaires, winning tournaments - which they can use to purchase character clothing, head gear, body armor and gear at the Reward Shop.

Here's the Patch Notes:
MGO Ver. 1.10 Update Information
Ver.1.10 Update information

GENE EXPANSION VERSION CHANGES
Additional Unique Characters
Meryl and Johnny have been added.

Additional Female Character
You can create a female character from 8 different face and voice templates.
Please note: you cannot change the gender of existing characters.

Additional new maps
"Coppertown Conflict", "Tomb of Tubes" and "Virtuous Vista" have been added

Additional new rule "Survival Mode" has been added. Join up with up to 5 other players in one team and face danger!
This mode is available on fridays, saturdays and sundays.

Update information: changes for all versions

Reward shop has opened it's doors!
The reward shop has been implemented. Now you can exchange reward points for gear.

Additional clan room
Dedicated clan rooms can now be created

Additional information about SOP
You can now see traps set by teammates through SOP.

Additional new Skill:
2 kinds of skill have been added.
"Box Move" accelerates movement speed when you are hiding in a box.
"Quick Recovery" the speed of recovery when helping a teammate has been increased.

Change of weapon specification
Custom parts of M870 Datsite, Scope has been added
The number of bullets of the P90 has been changed from 300 to 250.
The range of hand gun's AUTO AIM has been changed from 15M to 10M.
The range of Assalt Rifle's AUTO AIM has been changed from 5M to 7M.
Adjusted the specs of Shotgun's AUTO AIM
Changed MK17 3000DP to 2500DP.
Changed XM8'DP from 4000DP to 3500DP.
Changed G3A3's DP from 4000DP to 5000DP.
Changed M14 EBR's DP from 750DP to 3000DP.
Changed M870 from 1000DP to 750DP.
Changed SLUG bullet from 5000DP to 2000DP.
Changed V.RING bullet from 3000DP to 2000DP.
Changed E.LOCATER from 750DP to1500DP.
Adjusted the range of Stun Knife's electric shock attack.

Bigger inbox!
You can keep up to 32 mails (up from 16 mails).

Results screen has been modified
"Game Play Option" category has been added
Back ground music volume setting has been added
"Individual battle score" category has been added
Weapon information has been added.
"Snake" "Metal Gear Mk.II", "Meryl" and "Jonny" have been added
*"Meryl" and "Jonny" can only be found in the "GENE EXPANSION"
*If you train using "Metal Gear Mk.II" or "Jonny", traps will have been set in the stage.

Pics and more details can be found here

smik said:
update is free but the expansion pack with the 3 maps & extra modes are purchasable through the MGO shop

see, these are things that should be in the original post.

" Yo bitches new shit up for MGO! the first Expansion pack finaly ! and a free update too! yay and woo!

Expansion:

- $*.** OMGZ good price for awesome stuffz imo!
- 3 new maps
- new modes to playzorz !

Free Update:

- New Skills
- Greater Inbox mail
- Creation of Clan rooms
- Minor Bug Fixes

F yeah ! MGO = awezome! go NeoGAF fox alpha hound squad megaton!"

fake edit: see that ^^^^ thats how you post, thanks Killthee !

Shearie

So how does this work? If somebody hosts a game with the new maps, people who haven't bought the maps cannot join?

Yup.

The new maps look good but I won't buy. Don't have money to spare.

linsivvi

Shearie said:
Yup.

The new maps look good but I won't buy. Don't have money to spare.

I'm just worried that it would splinter the user-base. There's not exactly a lot of people playing online as it is.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Oh man some of those changes are huuuuge. Especially to me. Knife shock range, M14 and E. Locater prices? How will I live!

Sinnoch

Banned
linsivvi said:
I'm just worried that it would splinter the user-base. There's not exactly a lot of people playing online as it is.

I haven't played the game yet, but with 2 million in sales already, it cant possibly be hard to find a game online can it??

Oh my fucking God.

My internet is shit right now and they're not even releasing it on the PSN. Release this shit on the PSN, Konami. Christ.

Shearie

That's always a problem for selling maps for online multiplayer games. I know from experience with Motorstorm a game with tons of people online at the time I was playing, when I bought the second downloadable map for it I almost never saw anyone online playing with it and I hated the AI for Motorstorm so it was useless for single player and I pretty much wasted my money.

Killthee

Pop On Arrival said:
Oh my fucking God.

My internet is shit right now and they're not even releasing it on the PSN. Release this shit on the PSN, Konami. Christ.
I'm pretty sure the Gene content is locked inside the free mandatory patch. When you purchase the expansion from the online shop it just puts your ID on the allow access to GENE content ID list.

Posted this in the other thread....

Killthee said:
Clan Room is a 16 player room with the description "Join a clan room where you can chat with other clan members".

No rule set
You can choose the map
Only available via Clan Affiliation (and only available to your clan members)
4 rooms always available
Looks like a great clan training tool
Can't setup more rooms
Looks to be dedicated hosting from konami (I get a crappy connection....)

linsivvi

Sinnoch said:
I haven't played the game yet, but with 2 million in sales already, it cant possibly be hard to find a game online can it??

I have the US version and at peak time there are about 2-3K users. It isn't hard to find a game online now, however, the number will only go down at this point. I guess most people bought MGS4 for the single player, so not everyone's playing online.

Also, as far as I know, the servers are not worldwide, they are regionally locked.

Killthee

navii said:
how big is teh patch?
It doesn't say, but it was taking too long on BT where I was getting ~120 Kbps. I switched over to HTTP and got about a % per second for the first 75% and a % per ~25 seconds for the last 20%.

linsivvi said:

of course it will splinter the userbase. it happens with every online game that offers pay dlc.

i'm tempted to get this right now but i'll wait to see how the community reacts first.

Darkpen

Banned
I just realized something.

Its called the "Gene" expansion right?

And it includes Meryl and Johnny?

<insert sex joke>

ur hur hur

SumGamer

Seems like the whole GAF trying to connect to the MGO Shop. Cant buy anything right now. The page doesn't even load up properly. WTF?

Online News got a new design, I like the new theme.
Reward Shop looks good though/

Dave1988

It might be worth mentioning that if you live in one of the following countries:

Andorra Bahrain Bosnia Herzegovina Bulgaria Croatia
Cyprus Czech Republic Egypt Estonia Gibraltar
Hungary Iceland India Israel Jordan
Kuwait Latvia Lebanon Liechtenstein Lithuania
Malta & Gozo Monaco Montenegro Morocco Oman
Poland Qatar Romania Russia San Marino
Saudi Arabia Serbia Slovakia Slovenia South Africa
Turkey Ukraine United Arab Emirates Vatican

You're screwed. No MGO Shop for you.

Eccocid

Damn i am in Turkey :(
No PSN shop in here either
so i had made a US account and buy games from there (UK store doesnt accept credit cards fro here dunno why)
And when i try to play MGP from my Us account (normally i play in my eu account), i thought i will be able to create a new character but game is locked to machine so whatever account u create u play with your only character.
I was expecting that i could shop from US account :(

DAMN digital distribution shouldn't have limits like those then whats the point? :(

product_04_02.jpg

Fuck you Konami!!

I saw that map on the very first trailer and I have to pay for it? It's not like the original game has enough maps to begin with... $10 bucks you say? Not shareable you say?

FUCK YOU!

panda21

i can't even log into the shop right now :|

if anyone does manage to get it i'd be interested to know how theyre handling the divide between content haves and have-nots. can you play as a girl in games with people without the expansion? are the girls limited to the gene expansion or is that part of the free update?

if that inactivity timeout error thing from the beta signup comes back i'm going to kill

Temporary Closure of the Reward Shop
We would like to report that due to very high demand, customers are finding it very difficult to access the Reward Shop.
Unfortunately, we also noticed that this was leading further problems where the "Terms of Service" couldn't be displayed correctly meaning that some customers are unable to login to the game in any capacity.
In order to rectify the situation we would like to temporarily close the Reward Shop until some extra server units can be installed to lighten the load.
We would like to apologize for any inconveniences caused in the meantime.

Difficulties logging into the MGO shop
Due to very high demand, it is currently very
difficult to login to the MGO shop.
We would like to apologize for the
inconveniences caused and would like
to request that you attempt to login
at a later time.

Thank you for your cooperation and
once again, our most sincere apologies
for all incoveniences caused.

http://www.konami.jp/mgo/us/hd/index.php

This was posted at 2:00AM PST. No news on whether or not it's coming up any time soon.

This is the message I get when I try to go through the MGO shop on my PC:
We regret to inform you that the site is currently busy due to high level of traffic creating difficulties in logging in.
We would like to recommend that you try again at a different time.
We would like to apologize for any inconveniences caused in the meantime.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
*stares at Konami servers crumbling*

Konami,
I regret to inform you that you are still shooting yourself in the foot.

Top Bottom