• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z Infinite World announced [PS2] First Screens

KurowaSan

To be released on December 2008.
dbz_infinite_worldps2screenshots21051attack.jpg
dbz_infinite_worldps2screenshots21052aura_burst_2.jpg

dbz_infinite_worldps2screenshots21053aura_burst.jpg
dbz_infinite_worldps2screenshots21054aura_guard_1.jpg

dbz_infinite_worldps2screenshots21055aura_guard_2.jpg
dbz_infinite_worldps2screenshots21056dash_1.jpg

dbz_infinite_worldps2screenshots21057dash_2.jpg
dbz_infinite_worldps2screenshots21059vs_janemba_3.jpg

dbz_infinite_worldps2screenshots21058vs_janemba_2.jpg
dbz_infinite_worldps2screenshots21060vs_janemba_4.jpg

dbz_infinite_worldps2screenshots21064vs_pikkon_4.jpg
dbz_infinite_worldps2screenshots21065vs_pikkon_5.jpg

dbz_infinite_worldps2screenshots21066vs_pikkon_6.jpg
dbz_infinite_worldps2screenshots21067vs_pikkon.jpg

dbz_infinite_worldps2screenshots21068vs_super_17_2.jpg
dbz_infinite_worldps2screenshots21069vs_super_17_3.jpg

dbz_infinite_worldps2screenshots21070vs_super_17_4.jpg
dbz_infinite_worldps2screenshots21071vs_super_17.jpg

dbz_infinite_worldps2screenshots21072bubbles_mission_1.jpg
dbz_infinite_worldps2screenshots21073bubbles_mission_2.jpg

dbz_infinite_worldps2screenshots21074bubbles_mission_3.jpg
dbz_infinite_worldps2screenshots21075bubbles_mission_4.jpg

dbz_infinite_worldps2screenshots21076bubbles_mission_5.jpg
dbz_infinite_worldps2screenshots21077bubbles_mission_6.jpg

dbz_infinite_worldps2screenshots21078bubbles_mission_7.jpg
dbz_infinite_worldps2screenshots21079bubbles_mission_8.jpg

dbz_infinite_worldps2screenshots21080other_mission_2.jpg
dbz_infinite_worldps2screenshots21081other_mission_3.jpg

dbz_infinite_worldps2screenshots21083other_mission_5.jpg
dbz_infinite_worldps2screenshots21084other_mission_6.jpg

dbz_infinite_worldps2screenshots21086other_mission.jpg
dbz_infinite_worldps2screenshots21087snake_road_mission_2.jpg

dbz_infinite_worldps2screenshots21088snake_road_mission_3.jpg
dbz_infinite_worldps2screenshots21089snake_road_mission.jpg

dbz_infinite_worldps2screenshots21090tiens_cannon_mission_2.jpg
dbz_infinite_worldps2screenshots21091tiens_cannon_mission.jpg

NeonZ

clay_ghost said:
look too good for ps2.
Hope there will be a wii version
wanna do this with the wiimote :p
http://www.fr.atari.com/images/news...ldps2screenshots21091tiens_cannon_mission.jpg

I don't think there'll be a Wii version. This seems like a Dimps game, a direct sequel to Budokai 3, (See the capsule system and the baseline ki in the screens), and they never ported any of their games to the GC.

Budokai 1 and 2 for Gamecube had to be outsourced to a company called "Pyramid" to get one year late GC ports.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Olaeh said:
Damn, this looks good for PS2. No Wii version this time?

Hopefully they're throwing this out for PS2 owners and planning to make Tenkaichi 4 a Wii-exclusive. :D

Edit- Wait, this is open world?

dbz_infinite_worldps2screenshots21088snake_road_mission_3.jpg

Damn, now I want it. :lol

Press release:

– Final Dragon Ball Z Game for PlayStation 2 Combines the Greatest Elements from the World-renowned Dragon Ball Z TV Series and Video Games –

LYON, FRANCE – 20 August 2008 – It’s time for one final mighty Kamehameha for the PlayStation®2 as Atari announce the forthcoming European launch of NAMCO BANDAI Games’ Dragon Ball Z®: Infinite World for PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system in December 2008. Developed by NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc., Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World combines all the best elements of previous Dragon Ball Z: Budokai games, whilst also boasting new features such as “Dragon Missions”, new battle types and drama scenes for fans to delve deeper than ever before into the Dragon Ball Z® universe.

The new “Dragon Missions” in Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World include many famous scenes from the Dragon Ball Z series never before seen in a video game. A range of missions from time attack in the “Snake Road Mission” alongside other action and racing-style missions puts players’ strategy and quick-thinking skills to the test beyond simply showing off their deadly fighting skills.

But no Dragon Ball Z game would be complete without its fair share of spectacular battles. Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World uses a simplified battle system taken from the recently released next-gen Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit for thrilling hand-to-hand fighting on the ground, or flying leaps and aerial combat in the skies. In addition, new ideas have been added to the battle system. Defeat your opponent by blasting damaging Ki attacks from the sky or by diving into him and launching an explosive smash attack.

The game features over 40 unique characters, not counting the different forms that each character can transform into which multiplies the playing potential. On top of characters, fighting techniques and battle stages, Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World also includes selected drama scenes from the previous games all presented using beautifully refined effects and shading techniques.

Representing the last “Z” title for the PlayStation 2, Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World combines the best elements from the previous Budokai and Shin-Budokai series, as well as the recently released and much-admired next-gen Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit, to deliver the definitive DBZ experience on PlayStation 2.

Olaeh

Andrex said:
Hopefully they're throwing this out for PS2 owners and planning to make Tenkaichi 4 a Wii-exclusive. :D
Hmmm... I wouldn't doubt it based on the press release saying that this is the last "Z" game for PS2.

Either way, this game looks gorgeous:D Its about what I thought they could do if Tenkaichi was build group up for Wii. Now after seeing this I'd expect even more.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Oh, Atari.

This basically says "Hello, DBZ: Burst Limit buyers. We cheated you even more than you thought (well, unless you're a graphics whore). PS2 ftw!"

Not that I think it's a bad decision to have this new game on the PS2 (although they could afford making a Wii version too, because there is an audience for manga-based games), but it makes the Burst Limit scam so much more apparent than its laughable, really.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Olaeh said:
Hmmm... I wouldn't doubt it based on the press release saying that this is the last "Z" game for PS2.

Either way, this game looks gorgeous:D Its about what I thought they could do if Tenkaichi was build group up for Wii. Now after seeing this I'd expect even more.

Eh, the only thing that looks improved from BT3 is the rock textures. The draw/arena distance in BT3 was also much greater.

But it is a visual spectacle to be sure. I don't like the Budokai style of fighting games, however.

LRB1983

Banned
I hope they don't use so many things from Shin series. Unify punch and kick in the same button is shit and use super-attacks dramas from Budokai 3. And please make it compatible with first 60GB PS3 models.
First day.

Scribble

grindamasta said:
The game features over 40 unique characters, not counting the different forms that each character can transform into which multiplies the playing potential. On top of characters, fighting techniques and battle stages, Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World also includes selected drama scenes from the previous games all presented using beautifully refined effects and shading techniques.

Oh, FFS.

No_Style

NeonZ said:
I don't think there'll be a Wii version. This seems like a Dimps game, a direct sequel to Budokai 3, (See the capsule system and the baseline ki in the screens), and they never ported any of their games to the GC.

Budokai 1 and 2 for Gamecube had to be outsourced to a company called "Pyramid" to get one year late GC ports.

I've got that vibe from it as well. I hope it's not like Burst Limit where they ended with the Cell Saga.

what the fuck. i thought budokai was an awesome game. and i could see how they could improve upon it for a sequel or two. but jesus christ. i know these are what keep atari afloat, but you can only make so many

*sigh* Why are we Wii owners being screwed?

Then again, it was back in January IIRC, that Dimps confirmed in a Gamasutra interview that they only just started Wii development.

Does Pyramid even exist anymore? Why didn't Budokai 3 come to the GameCube again?

I haven't played a Tenkaichi game yet, are they actually better than the Budokai series, because I loved the series to death on the GameCube! :D

Because of this, Tenkaichi 4 better be a Wii exclusive!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Hero of legend said:
*sigh* Why are we Wii owners being screwed?

Then again, it was back in January IIRC, that Dimps confirmed in a Gamasutra interview that they only just started Wii development.

Does Pyramid even exist anymore? Why didn't Budokai 3 come to the GameCube again?

I haven't played a Tenkaichi game yet, are they actually better than the Budokai series, because I loved the series to death on the GameCube! :D

Because of this, Tenkaichi 4 better be a Wii exclusive!

I'd say the Tenkaichi series has hands-down the best anime games of all time.

Graphics are pretty nice, but simplified version of Burst Limit? Eh... I didn't even like Burst Limit all that much, Tenkaichi FTW. If there's no Wii version, and it isn't being developed by Spike... then Spike must be developing the next DBZ game for Wii. Awesome, I think Spike definitely makes the best DBZ games (Tenkaichi series rocks!) and if it's made from the ground up for the Wii, I think the motion sensitive special moves will be a lot better (they were decent in BT3, but could've been way better). Hopefully though, if Atari has any brains, they'll have it use Motion Plus and then you could perform the special moves 1:1 :D

Ganondorf>Link said:
Graphics are pretty nice, but simplified version of Burst Limit? Eh... I didn't even like Burst Limit all that much, Tenkaichi FTW. If there's no Wii version, and it isn't being developed by Spike... then Spike must be developing the next DBZ game for Wii. Awesome, I think Spike definitely makes the best DBZ games (Tenkaichi series rocks!) and if it's made from the ground up for the Wii, I think the motion sensitive special moves will be a lot better (they were decent in BT3, but could've been way better). Hopefully though, if Atari has any brains, they'll have it use Motion Plus and then you could perform the special moves 1:1 :D

Considering how much Spike really does love the Wii, I say Tenkaichi 4 being a Wii exclusive is a sure in.

Spike already made two Wii exclusive new IPs as well as BT2 & 3.

Those two games were Escape From Bug Island and JAWA.

They haven't developed a single game for the 360 or PS3, they only publish games for them in Japan.

Hell, I think Bug Island and JAWA are Spike's very first two original IPs ever, I'm not sure though.

And as a heads up; JAWA supported 16:9, a first time for Spike on the Wii, so BT4 may very well support it! :D

zoukka

What the hell? Aren't there like ten different DBZ fighting games on PS2 already?

And people buy this shit :lol

Top Bottom