• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First infos. and screens about Disgaea side-scroller game for PSP

Oldschool

IGN: Following a retail leak earlier this week, Nippon Ichi has started speaking officially about Prinny: Ore ga Shuujinkou de Iinsuka?.

This new PSP title, whose name translates roughly to Prinny: Is it Okay if I'm the Main Character?, stars Prinny, a mascot of sorts from the Disgaea strategy series. This isn't a strategy game, though. Nippon Ichi describes it as its first action game. The title will feature 2D side scrolling action with the promise of lots of replay value.

The storyline hints that the game will feature Disgaea cameos other than just Prinny. Etona, Prinny's master and also a Disgaea character, has sent Prinny off to find the ultimate sweets. Standing in Prinny's way are some tough demons!

While not mentioned in Nippon Ichi's official announcement, the retailer report from earlier in the week mentioned that the game will make use of the PSP's wireless functionality. Players will be able to record their play sessions and send them to friends. In addition, Nippon Ichi plans on offering maps and bosses as downloads.

Also mentioned by the retailer is a pre-order bonus. Nippon Ichi will give pre-orderers (this is for Japan only at the moment) an original soundtrack CD created by Disgaea series composer Tenpei Sato. The CD will include vocal tracks.

Nipon Ichi has opened up a teaser website for the game with a peculiar flash movie. The full site will open up on September 5.

As for the final game, a Japanese release is set for November 20.

34y5sea.png

32ztbb6.png

r9pqol.png

a3kxfm.png

2s6oo4p.png

6dsn5w.png

Cant wait, dood. Day one. :lol

Teaser site

batbeg

zoku88 said:
Prinny love! <3

That's how the katakana for her name reads. I'm guessing the translator wasn't really familiar with how it was translated.

I know that, it just amuses me when someone writing an article on a game isn't actually familiar with it.

So I've had this video on the site playing forever, does a flash game ever come from this or am I looking in the wrong place? There's a prinny plushie and a lot of annoying sounds so far.

kenta

Has no PEINS
I hope Disgaea PSP sold well enough in the US to justify a localization

This coming from someone who didn't buy it :p

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
kenta said:
I hope Disgaea PSP sold well enough in the US to justify a localization

This coming from someone who didn't buy it :p

Only the cell phone game didn't make it, all other Disgaea games and such have.

sennin

Is that...a dracolich?! A blue, cute ass, plump penguin is fighting a.. D-R-A-C-O-L-I-C-H?!

I'm intrigued. Tell me more.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
sennin said:
Is that...a dracolich?! A blue, cute ass, plump penguin is fighting a.. D-R-A-C-O-L-I-C-H?!

I'm intrigued. Tell me more.

Isn't that the Tera (Omega?) Fire portrait character from Disgaea 2?

sennin

Dani said:
Isn't that the Tera (Omega?) Fire portrait character from Disgaea 2?

I don't know actually, I never made it pass an hour of Disgaea 1 and 2. So yeah, Hi Tera (Omega?), nice to meet you!:lol

Xabora

sp0rsk said:
If this has the number crunching of Disgaea, I will love it forever.
THIS

I'm going to import this.
So going to do it even though I dont have a PSP right now.

Farnack

Banned
The world needs more of these kinds of games.

A game with this premise wouldn't make it on any corporate standards.
sp0rsk said:
If this has the number crunching of Disgaea, I will love it forever.
Didn't they just say that it isn't a strategy game? It's an action game.

Lain

It looks cool, and the premise sounds pretty fun.
I'm hoping NISA will pick it up for localization. There is never enough Disgaea for me (except for that aborption of the anime).

zoku88

akachan ningen said:
So you can't jump in this game, right? Otherwise you'd explode when you hit the ground.
I'm pretty sure Prinnies can jump :lol :lol (I remember them jumping during special attacks in the first game, maybe.)

Maybe it just depends on how they land, aka, not on their feet.

Superman00

Liverpool01
zoku88 said:
I'm pretty sure Prinnies can jump :lol :lol (I remember them jumping during special attacks in the first game, maybe.)

Maybe it just depends on how they land, aka, not on their feet.

I thought they just can't be thrown.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Farnack said:
The world needs more of these kinds of games.

A game with this premise wouldn't make it on any corporate standards.

Didn't they just say that it isn't a strategy game? It's an action game.

Doesn't really matter if it's a strategy game or not does it?

AmMortal

Banned
sykoex said:
Nooooooooooooo Why couldn't this be on PS3/PSN :(

True, this is like when CapCom made it " megaton" that SFI would be on PSN, ofcourse we wanted 3rd Strike :(

companies make shitty decisions.

Durante

I extracted the screenshots from the pdf for the earlier thread (in the original resolution and better quality):
34y5sea.png

32ztbb6.png

r9pqol.png

a3kxfm.png

2s6oo4p.png

6dsn5w.png

Will buy this if it is localized.

rykomatsu said:
i love Etna and Laharl's voices :p
Me too, and I love NISA for always offering dual audio.

Oldschool

Durante said:
I extracted the screenshots from the pdf for the earlier thread (in the original resolution and better quality):

Will buy this if it is localized.

Me too, and I love NISA for always offering dual audio.

Added it to the OP.

Thanks!

matmanx1

Hope this gets localized. If not I might import it. It would surely tax my noobie Japanese language skills but at that point I could call it a learning experience! :D

Top Bottom