• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Most Awesome Cover Ever™

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
web.jpg

...right?

Wow.

There really is no beating this. First time ever that a thread like this won't be smothered in "Don't you mean...THIS?"

Seriously, nothing will ever beat this.

ETA: Ugh, never mind. *shakes head*

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
BenjaminBirdie said:
Wow.

There really is no beating this. First time ever that a thread like this won't be smothered in "Don't you mean...THIS?"

that's what i thought! when i was looking for the art for this game to make a nice icon, i was just like.................my god. this is genius.

mattiewheels

Andrex said:
http://www.destructoid.com/elephant/ul/95840-Mega%20Man%209%20Box%20ART%20-%20Main%20Image.JPG[/img[/QUOTE]
is that just fan art, or is it really official mm9 art?

[QUOTE=D.Lo]Obligatory:
[IMG]http://ui23.gamespot.com/182/castlevania5_2.jpg[/IMG
Still the best.[/QUOTE]
yeah, it's definitely perfect. but the hoboken one is genius on quite a different level.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
BenjaminBirdie said:
Wow.

Photoshop Obama's head on the guy with the ketchup and you may just be right.

*Obama-disliker, btw*

dionysus

Yaldog
Stream of consciousness upon viewing the cover.

Pizza for abs...Chick's tits are lights...Offensive depiction of a black man, not sure why he is holding a giant bottle of tabasco...Why is headlights-for-tits chick killing a fucked up chicken with a weed eater while riding a harley davidson...is the tabasco a weapon against the random dinosaur?

By the way, this is indeed without question the most awesome cover ever.

dejay

Banned
That is, I'd have to say, the most awesome cover ever.

Ermac said:
Does that chick have headlights for tits?

I thought it was a figure of speech when I read your post, but then I looked and she does have headlights for tits!

mattiewheels

dejay said:
That actually looks kinda fun. I wonder if anyone here has actually played it.

that's the beauty of it, it's actually a wonderful game, too!

it's by steve meretsky, who did zork and spellcasting 101 and a million other legendary games. this is kind of an strategic action game/adventure hybrid, and it's great and funny as hell (see cover).

Superhero_League_of_Hoboken_combat.gif
Superhero_League_of_Hoboken_desc.gif

TimeKillr

Yeah, Superhero League of Hoboken is a completely kickass game... I remember finishing it many, many, many times. That designer is a genius.

The other game made with that engine, Companions of Xanth, (that they did previously) was also golden.

But that cover is madness.

Almost as good as Ninja Golf, though.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
viakado said:
oh for fuck's sake. what the hell is "ultrasound graphic synthesis"?

The first Megaman boxart had "High Fidelity Graphics!", so don't take these very seriously. :p

143nd6x.jpg

more like become the ultimate palooka in the ultimate crapola party

tenritsu said:
This was such a good game too... Had it had a better cover it prolly would've gotten the respect it deserves.

I suspect name's a factor in the equation as well

also,
419757357_faca6b03b0_o.jpg

takin_hoop1.jpeg

guy_game_cover_1.jpg

coverbombermanduo.jpg

ffii-usa-prototype.jpg

"The first Megaman boxart had "High Fidelity Graphics!", so don't take these very seriously. :p"

:lol And my genesis says high definition graphics across it.

mattiewheels

mattiewheels

Top Bottom