• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Green Leaves 1UP. Joins Sims Team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grecco

Acid08 said:
At least we get one more Brodeo with him. It needs to be an amazing tribute. He's the Black Dragon, the Lord of the Rings, and he fathered ManGod.

Shane HAS to be on it. Hes never been on GFW has he.

Slavik81

Fuck.

Jeff has entertained me for years. Losing his input in magazines was bad enough, but now I'll miss him on the podcasts too.

Well, good luck Jeff. It couldn't last forever.
I was actually really surprised you stuck around as long as you did.

Ryu

Fuck, this sucks. Easily my favorite host of the Brodeo. I wish you all the best of luck on the Sims though. :D

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
2aaekn8.gif

Sanjay

NOOOOOOo, I recall Shawn saying if Jeff ever left that would be the end of the GFW brodeo podcast. Time to learn to use skype!

adelante said:
MAnnnnnnn out of all the departures there have been at 1up, this one takes the cake for being the saddest. :(

Seriously. I haven't cared about anybody else leaving (not to be Mr. Creepy Obsession With Ziff Davis or anything) but I'm going to miss Jeff on the Brodeo.

Dartastic

Where is the Sims studio located? Is it possible for us to get (hopefully frequent) guest Jeff appearances on the Brodeo? Or not so much? Congratulations though, it's an amazing opportunity and you'll be missed.

TheGreatDave said:
Seriously. I haven't cared about anybody else leaving (not to be Mr. Creepy Obsession With Ziff Davis or anything) but I'm going to miss Jeff on the Brodeo.

Yeah -- I sincerely hope they can the Brodeo (the name). Without Jeff, it won't be the same.

Acid08

Banned
Shawn must be really taking this hard :/. They seemed like really good friends and amazing co-workers and writers.

Flakster99

Good luck Jeff, you kept it real and very entertaining. The Sims team is quite the opportunity, and they are very luck to have you!
I'll miss ya.

Ifrit

Wtf? no... I'll really miss Jeff Green on the podcast, he is awesome. Hopefully he'll stop by the Brodeo every now and then. Congrats on the new job

CoG

No way! Rod Humble you poaching bastard!

Jeff. I first heard of you on the horrible old CGW Radio ads ("Do it for Ryan, Do it for Ryan's mom") and have been listening to your podcasts and reading your magazine ever since. This punches an enormous hole in my podcast lineup but this is great news for you. Best of luck to you and thanks for the all great entertainment.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Congrats Jeff! I'll be spamming you from EA's internal e-mail ;)

Nizz

Fuck.. :( :( :( :( Not enough sad faces in the world right now to show how bummed out I am right now. I know that Skip said the show will go on, but I can't help that feeling that sometime soon the show will end. I really hope not. I've been listening to the GFW Radio show since about March of 07 after hearing buzz about it. The first one didn't exactly "grab" me, but after my second show, I was hooked, and been hooked ever since. Jeff's a really funny and smart man who's gonna go places. Unfortunately, the one place I'd love to see him stay at he's leaving. But good luck in your future, Jeff. Thanks for everything!

jax (old)

Banned
Sims Team? LOL. He's going to go from talking critically about games to defending rehash after rehash after rehash.

LukeSmith

This is like that episode of Saved by the Bell where folks were trying to guess the delivery date for Mrs. Belding. I wonder who will end up in the elevator with Mrs. B, and who will be out on the football field.

best of luck, Jeff!

Blueblur1

Wow. I don't think anyone would think Jeff would ever leave 1up and here we are. Congratulations to him and the Sim team. Its still sad to see him leave the Brodeo.

Wollan

What was the line he said one time. The crew was dissing a woman who was saying something negative about game journalists or the like without have that much insight, being rude...etc. They fell into that trap making all kinds of jabs and then Jeff highlighted their hopeless discussion "you go and.. ??? ..Bitch". The delivery was just perfect. I can't remember the line.

Holy Fucking Shit.

I feel old. I grew up on Jeff Green and CGW.

And I'm going to miss him on the podcast =/ Now its going to be the Shawn Elliott Show, and I like him, but Jeff & Shawn was such a great dynamic.

Good luck Jeff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom