• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Usain Bolt ballwashing thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manics

Banned
World's fastest ever human doesn't seem to be getting enough love here on GAF. I wanted to start this thread for the admiration and appreciation of this guy who's revolutionized sprinting over the last year.

He can set records running into a headwind, he can saunter at the end of his races and still blow away the field.

The one, the only, Usain "Lightening" Bolt

2vt8yeg.jpg

2s7b78h.jpg

With the riches, come the spoils....

14wrntv.jpg

Here's his latest amazing race from Brussels last week. He gets off to a terrible start, then catches Powell at the finish like only he can:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBc1URk7HNA

100m world record
119vsp0.jpg

200m world record

2ij6paq.jpg

GHG

The man was born to run. He's got everything plus the charisma and arrogance that makes me like him even more. I can't stand people that are good at what they do but are modest and boring about it. If you're good flaunt that shit.

quaere

I'm not convinced this guy even worked that hard to get where he is. Someone who worked for it wouldn't blow off the end of a race, they'd care about every last second. Someone who worked for it would respect the work of the other athletes as well.

I think he's all natural talent. Interesting, as a statistical oddity, but not someone I respect.

GHG

aswedc said:
I'm not convinced this guy even worked that hard to get where he is. Someone who worked for it wouldn't blow off the end of a race, they'd care about every last second. Someone who worked for it would respect the work of the other athletes as well.

I think he's all natural talent. Interesting, as a statistical oddity, but not someone I respect.

Fuck that shit. If you're that good so that you can blow a field away with just 60m of hard running and break the world record in the process then you'd treat the whole thing like a joke, especially at the age of just 21. Yeh his genes are probably the things getting him through mostly rather than hard graft, but if that was me I'd just think "heh... suckas".

That is why my favourite football player (soccer for some of you) of all time is Thierry Henry. Just naturally talented, made everything look so easy and generally just took the piss out of the defenders he played against.

Manics

Banned
aswedc said:

That's right bitches, he doesn't even train, if he did he'd be running the 100m in 5 seconds. :lol

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
aswedc said:

Bullshit, He was all effort in the 200m final trying going for and beating the world record, and that was one record I thought would never be beaten.

MaddenNFL64

I love it when he starts jogging, looking at other sprinters like "you guys running pretty hard... take a break, I got this.". Amazing. Fuck the boring, silent athletes. Give me talent + spectacle.

jakncoke said:
I lol at TO for thinking he can beat Usain Bolt in a race

He said you'd have to give him a 20 yard head start. It wouldn't surprise me if someone tried to put that together. I mean, ESPN now shows Usain anytime he races so there's some obvious draw there.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
SolidSnakex said:
Jim Rome showed a clip of him saying "I don't compare myself to Michael Phelps, he's a swimmer, i'm an athlete.".

i dont think that was a diss, i think its a "language" thing. He's say athlete as an athletics(track n field) and Phelps is a swimmer. I dont think he's saying Phelps is not a Athlete(in general terms).

ultimately he's right, two different sports, hard to compare.

Manics

Banned
~Devil Trigger~ said:
i dont think that was a diss, i think its a "language" thing. He's say athlete as an athletics(track n field) and Phelps is a swimmer. I dont think he's saying Phelps is not a Athlete(in general terms).

That's my take on it too. He was probably trying to say you can't compare the two because it's two totally different disciplines. That being said, Bolt is awesomeness all wrapped up in a lanky super-speed sexy frame.

Blader

~Devil Trigger~ said:

That's what I thought.

And anyone in this thread taking shots at Phelps can gtfo. Unbelievable.

SUPREME1

Banned
I like Usain for the most part, the dude is amazing and we're luck yto see him run. His confidence, cockiness whatever is also likeable because he doesn't take himself or anything too serious. He has fun.

That said, he did take a shot at Phelps, which was more arrogance than confidence or cockiness. That was a bit disappointing, maybe because Phelps was the biggest news at the games and overshadowed Usain just a tad?

Either way, Bolt kicks ass and should enjoy himself, just don't become an ass while your at it.

That video of him cathcing up and passing Powell is crazy!

Manics

Banned
ImperialConquest said:
That said, he did take a shot at Phelps, which was more arrogance than confidence or cockiness. That was a bit disappointing, maybe because Phelps was the biggest news at the games and overshadowed Usain just a tad?

Do you have an exact link / source to back up this slandering of Bolt's good name? I refuse to believe he just "took a shot" at a guy. We've discussed what was said in this thread and Bolt probably meant you can't compare the two because it's different sports altogether.

aswedc said:

This is idiotic. Bolt originally began training for the 400 metres and then the 200 metres before he even tried the 100 metres. Moreover, he said the reason he never ran through the line at Beijing is because he was so excited that he was so far ahead of the pack and that his main goal was to get the record in 200 metres as he already owned it in the 100 metres.

Here's another link:

Link

Dina

Kikujiro said:
I don't know why some of you think he's arrogant, he's just funny and likes to joke.

His arrogance would stick to him in little droplets if he didn't run so goddamn fast. Good athlete, unnaturally talented but I hate his smugness.

Azzurri

The guy's a beast. Hell, if you're this good and don't need to work that hard to be the best then why do it? It's not like anyone can compete with him anyways. Until someone can then maybe he'll try "harder"

NomarTyme

He is fucking awesome. Love to watch this guy run. Also if you watched Cowboys/Brown game, you'll see TO impersonate him.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
goku1693 said:
HAHA at this thread!! People who hate Bolt for his arrogance, can piss off!! Bolt is godlike at his sport, and as such has EARNED the right to be aarrogant!!! Believe me if I was that good, I'd make a music video!! Like this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lWJRSL-JBQ
I had a feeling I knew what it was going to be, and I was not disappointed. :lol :lol

The kid isn't arrogant though; he says he doesn't even care about the accolades. All he wants to do is run, and win.

Hating on the naturally talented just reeks of insecurity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom