• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castle Crashers (XBLA) Patch Going Live Around 2 AM PST On Wednesday (Dec. 24th)

Patch is live now.

Early Tuesday morning we received news that the title update had officially passed certification and was ready for release. After some extensive testing and fixing (or as some might say “tinkering”) the update is now ready for release. In theory the update should go live Wednesday at 2AM PST however I’m not sure if that’s exactly the time, either way it comes out December 24th at some time of the day

Some of the issues that we’ve addressed with this update are:

# Saved data loss issues
# Quick Match/Custom Match multiplayer games not working/displaying error messages
# Xbox LIVE games dropping unexpectedly
# Arena Master achievement will now unlock after any mixed arena matches.
# Overall network performance improvements
# A few crash bugs
# NXE related issues
# Boomerang exploit is now resolved
# Alien Hominid can now drop the pitchfork!

There are other issues as well and I’ll be gathering the full list and making another update as soon as I can gather all the info together. On behalf of everyone here at The Behemoth I want to thank those who helped out with awesome feedback and support. Although we couldn’t give you daily updates or an exclusive look into the inner workings of how a title update is developed and released we hope that the information that was provided helped inform everyone a little bit more on the process. Thanks again, and we hope you all have a safe holiday break.

http://forums.thebehemoth.com/viewt...k=t&sd=a&sid=59f1984081a847e3be6740f8fc10d522

I just heard from Emil that Microsoft has approved our Title Update and will be going live with it around 2 am (Pacific Coast time) on Wednesday.

That's right, Title Update late tonight :!: :!: :!: :D :D :D

We'll be making a detailed Dev Blog post tomorrow outlining the specifics (and before that a Preview in the members only "Dev Blog Preview" section of the forums).

Thank you all for your support, patience, comments, and suggestions! We :arrow: you endlessly, and wish you a fantastically fantastic holiday!

love,
The Behemoth

WE FIXED OUR GAME, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

But seriously, I really like this game and now I can recommend it in good conscious. Better late than never...

jibblypop

Banned
YES!

I love this game so much. The fact that it's one of my most played games even without online play says something.

I'm looking forward to the online play though! :D

Holy Crap. I just saw this thread.

Been waiting for this patch before I picked up the game. Yay! Can't wait.

Now, I gotta find the funds. Hopefully, I still have some Space Bucks left in my acct, cause I just blew a ton in the PSN, and all the Christmas shopping, ect. has left me with a very tiny margin on the credit card I use for XBLA! :lol

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Nose Master said:
And now the traffic will be 10x because the patch is out, and it'll be just as bad.

Yeah, damn all that internet traffic affecting a P2P game.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Finally its a title update. I assuming they added some goodies in there not just connection patch.

daycru

I actually beat this with my girlfriend in one setting, didn't check any feedback on the game until after wards. I was then terrified to play it again, hope she still wants to play now that the patch is here.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
In before the "omg 2 l8 i only care about games for 2 weeks post release" crowd.

When I get a 360 this is on the top of my list (tied with pacman:ce).

Ramenman

The problems were only for online play right ?

I played this game two times offline and single player and it was still awesome.

Annihilator said:
awesome for people who are just buying it...not so much for the rest who have moved on.

I bought it at launch. I'm fucking stoked. Today is the first day of the rest of my life playing Castle Crashers.

Finally. Now I can look forward to online 4-player coop with my lvl 99 Ninja.
I haven't played online yet for fear of wiping out my and my sons' characters.

Kuroyume

Banned
I just finished trying the patch out. I met a player named warbegins and we both went through the game from the graveyard area/popcorn boss to the end of the game. It worked without any problems. I didn't experience any lag either. I really enjoyed it and it made me remember why I loved the game months ago. The art, music, and humor are excellent. warbegins also recognized me from GAF, so dude if you're on here I really enjoyed playing the game with you. :p

hey man, that was some fun shit. first time seeing the alien hominid character in action. getting the weapon from the final boss was nice, as well. funny that i randomly stumbled upon your game.

it was refreshing to see the networking side of things run so smoothly. some 4-player gaf games are definitely in order.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Great game, but fuck these clowns for the 4 month wait and poorly QAd release to start with.

DLC better be fucking free to make it up to all us early buying folk who bought the game in good faith it wouldn't be a broken mess.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Their forums have the greatest icons. :lol
icon_cry.gif

Raide

I am glad the patch is coming but it would have been better a few months ago. :lol

Once the patch appears, it will give me another reason to jump back into this awesome game.:D

Top Bottom