• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: First Killzone 2 review OPM

beast786

This is taken off some people who got the new OPM with the review inside.

Killzone 2 - 5/5

"The buddies alongside you in each battle have been expertly tuned to provide just enough cover and support to actively get your back on occasions, while never making it feel like they could acchieve every objective alone."

"...the believability and consistency are hallmarks of the Killzone 2 expereince. None of the circumstances, weapons you find, locations you visit, or frankly any of the details in the world feel arbitrary. The world is consistently realized in its unappealing flavor."

"...filled with moments that can handily be described as inspiring awe"

- bots in offline multiplayer "perform pretty well"

"Without a doubt Killzone fans, action, and shooter fans of any stripe will isntantly tag this sequel as a powerful contender for teh best game of 2009"

Also, before you go spitting out that it got these scores just because its a PS magazine, I suggest you look at the previous exclusives they have reviewed.

Uncharted [80]
Heavenly Sword [80]
Warhawk [65]
GT5P [80]
MotorStorm: PR [60]
Haze [50]
Lair [50]
Resistance 2 [80]
MGS4 [100]

They also scored the original KZ at 8/10 back in the day, or 80, if you will, or going by their new system, 4/5.
http://boards.ign.com/ps3_lobby/b8269/175571238/p1/?16

Details from ZBOX of Xbox forums
http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=607190

I don't think it's a rumor. It's true.

Based upon my limited time with the beta, I'd be inclined to agree with that score as well even without playing the single player (since I value multiplayer play so highly).

MikeE21286 said:
Do they do half "stars" also?

Yes.

BTW. OPM didn't review the original KZ. It's not really the same magazine, IIRC.

Crisis

Banned
"The buddies alongside you in each battle have been expertly tuned to provide just enough cover and support to actively get your back on occasions, while never making it feel like they could acchieve every objective alone."

Isn't that aspect something EGM or 1Up complained about heavily?

"Without a doubt Killzone fans, action, and shooter fans of any stripe will instantly tag this sequel as a powerful contender for the best game of 2009"
I'm not sure if I can take that seriously.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
~Devil Trigger~ said:
cant wait for KZ2 but this does'nt deserve a thread.
As long as the old thread dies, I don't see why not.

The old thread was too much of a mess for someone like me who hadn't been following it from earlier on to really get into. It's good to have a nice clean slate.

When I saw the title I thought this girl did the review:

rumor-willis.jpg

Ganondorfo

Kuroyume said:
Killzone 2 is already a contender for GOTY and not a single game has been released yet. That's amazing.

But there is not enough competition in the fps genre for killzone 2 this year.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Rez>You said:
As long as the old thread dies, I don't see why not.

The old thread was too much of a mess for someone like me who hadn't been following it from earlier on to really get into. It's good to have a nice clean slate.

....i mean Rumors of a review?! c'mon

Schrade

Crisis said:
Isn't that aspect something EGM or 1Up complained about heavily?
Not heavily but they did complain about it in the PREVIEW CODE that they had. It was mentioned those things were fixed in later builds (but I don't think THEY mentioned it, it was just mentioned elsewhere.. prolly by motherh or someone else on the Playstation forums)

SSM25

polyh3dron said:
Official Playstation Magazine gave KZ2 a "rumored" (lol) 5/5.

Rumor: I am shocked.

this magazine shits on PS3 first party exclusives though.

Also, are the the same magazine who reviewed K1 with a 9 or so more than 4 years ago?

WinFonda

Wow. Is that Rumor Willis? I totally see the Demi Moore in her... Problem is I think I see a little too much of Bruce as well :lol

WinFonda said:
Wow. Is that Rumor Willis? I totally see the Demi Moore in her... Problem is I think I see a little too much of Bruce as well :lol
This is hard to believe, but that is an actual picture of her, not one of those frankenstein things that Conan O'Brien does on his show. :lol

OPM?

OPM doesn't exist anymore. That's a defunct magazine.

Are you sure it's not the other magazine that got the "Official" moniker calling itself "Playstation: The Official Magazine"?

TJ Spyke

Private Hoffman said:
BTW. OPM didn't review the original KZ. It's not really the same magazine, IIRC.

Correct. PlayStation: The Official Magazine (the correct current title "Official PlayStation Magazine" was the original name) was started in October 2007 and is published by Future Publishing, the same company that also publishes Official Nintendo Magazine, Nintendo Power, and Official Xbox Magazine :lol ). The previous official magazine was Official U.S. PlayStation Magazine and was published by Ziff Davis Media and ended in 2007. After it ended, Sony made a deal with Future Publishing to make a new magazine.

Calcaneus

HomerSimpson-Man said:
OPM?

OPM doesn't exist anymore. That's a defunct magazine.

Are you sure it's not the other magazine that got the "Official" moniker calling itself "Playstation: The Official Magazine"?
POM doesn't sound as good.

polyh3dron said:
They could have just been accumulating critical capital to spend when it counts.

They probably would have spent some more of that capital on another sony project called Resistance 2 if that were the case though, since it's always been more of a 'darling' to the media than Killzone 2 has.

Balb

I'm going to wait until I can play the game for myself. KZ2 is one of those games where I can't trust reviewers, given its development history and the fact that most reviewers seem to keep the dev cycle in mind when writing reviews.

Zophar

Balb said:
I'm going to wait until I can play the game for myself. KZ2 is one of those games where I can't trust reviewers, given its development history and the fact that most reviewers seem to keep the dev cycle in mind when writing reviews.
Too Human.

Guled

from what I played of the beta the game is awesome, but not perfect. I guess thats a short coming of the 5 point scale, better then 4/5 but not quite perfect, but the only thing they could do is give it 5/5. But who cares about reviews, this game is awesome and thats all that matters

Snipes424

Balb said:

I didn't hear anything bad about the development history.... other then it took a long time to make the game, but guess what? Blizzard takes a long time to make games too and in my opinion all their games are amazing.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Guled said:
from what I played of the beta the game is awesome, but not perfect. I guess thats a short coming of the 5 point scale, better then 4/5 but not quite perfect, but the only thing they could do is give it 5/5. But who cares about reviews, this game is awesome and thats all that matters

Apparently, it's not really a 5 point scale though.

Guled

Kiriku said:
Apparently, it's not really a 5 point scale though.
Your right, I see its 10 point. My bad then, here are the other scores

SF IV 5/5 :D
Shaun White Snowboarding 3.5/5
Persona 4 4.5/5 :D
Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 4.5/5
Sonic Unleashed 3/5
Rise of the Argonauts 2.5/5
Endwar 3/5

roMonster

Balb said:

Development time, sales age, etc...

It's too much to ask for them to review what they have spinning in the disc drive, they have to fill up the page.

Top Bottom